ADVERTISEMENT

Just like it was for Cal, its time for Stoops to go.

WILDCAT_NATION#8

Blue Chip Prospect
Nov 5, 2011
I appreciated all of the things that Cal had done for our Program and State over the time he was here, but it was time for him to go. Infact he should've been gone 3-5 Years before he left. With Stoops its fairly similar, I appreciate everything he's done for our State and our Football program, but it's time for him to go. Stoops doesn't seem to be fully invested in being here any longer, look no further than this past off season when he tried to sneak out of Lexington in the middle middle of the night for Texas A&M. I wish him success where ever he goes, but we need to turn the page before the cupboard is bare again. I for one would love to find an Offensive Minded head Coach. I'm tired of having a terrible offensive year in and year out.

They are two completely different situations. I'm willing to let this season play out before I start thinking he should go.

Cal was damaging a program with a long history of success and tradition that predated his watch by many many many years. Most of our best seasons in football have been with Stoops as the coach.

They are two completely different situations. I'm willing to let this season play out before I start thinking he should go.

Cal was damaging a program with a long history of success and tradition that predated his watch by many many many years. Most of our best seasons in football have been with Stoops as the coach.

He literally tried to leave for another sec job last December. He clearly isn't 100% invested.

That said, as you mentioned one sport has high expectations while the other has very little. I get the apples to oranges there.

Reactions: cat tat2
Even if Stoops was fully invested, he’s already reached his peak. His style of football will always hold back his teams. He’s a first class chickenshit & coaches like he’s terrified on both sides of the ball. His teams are always flat out dumb & undisciplined. His teams rarely show up prepared & ready to play. He avoids responsibility & throws ppl under the bus. One of our 30 OCs under Stoops could attest to that.

The passing game is always shit. Simply completing passes feels like a major accomplishment most years. He has no killer instinct, whatsoever, & can’t put away opponents to save his life. He has had two really good seasons out of 11, soon to be 12. And, even those two 10 win seasons could’ve been better with just an average passing attack.

But, aside from those two years, he’s a 6-6 coach. And, that’s only bc we get to schedule 3 cupcakes every season. I’ll give him credit, he’s very good at team building/recruiting & many aspects of the job, with one glaring exception of in-game philosophy/decision making. But, that’s a pretty big, important exception. Strategically, I wouldn’t trust him to out-scheme most HS coaches.

For the last few years, we have basically had a top 25 roster. And, we’ve done very well with the transfer portal, too. It’s not like he doesn’t have the players to compete. And, he’s been given every advantage, imaginable. He’s gotten FAR more support, from administration & donors, than any coach that preceded him. Not even close.

IMO, it’s just unacceptable for a coach, in his TWELFTH season, to roll out a product like what we saw, yesterday. Especially, considering the talent at his disposal. And, it would be different if shitting our pants like that was a rare occurrence. But, it’s been a pretty consistent pattern. We have at least a cpl embarrassing games like that every season. That’s just part of why I believe that if you’ve seen one Stoops team, you’ve seen them all.

no denying that. but we haven’t won anything during his time here except a few meaningless bowl games. we’re in a new era now with the nil. if uk is going to compete in football we must have a coach who can exploit the portal and negotiate within the nil.
12 years with stoops and we haven’t once won our division.
the 10th highest paid fball coach in ncaa for what?

We are headed downhill — fast . Lost 3 in a row to a low hanging USC team , got handled by Vandy at home 2 years ago , gave up 37 straight points to a decent Missouri team at home , choked in shocking fashion to Clemson , no big upsets to balance it all out … he’s done . Plateau. Not invested . Team has zero discipline. Just headed in the wrong way as a program .

Even if Stoops was fully invested, he’s already reached his peak. His style of football will always hold back his teams. He’s a first class chickenshit & coaches like he’s terrified on both sides of the ball. His teams are always flat out dumb & undisciplined. His teams rarely show up prepared & ready to play. He avoids responsibility & throws ppl under the bus. One of our 30 OCs under Stoops could attest to that.

The passing game is always shit. Simply completing passes feels like a major accomplishment most years. He has no killer instinct, whatsoever, & can’t put away opponents to save his life. He has had two really good seasons out of 11, soon to be 12. And, even those two 10 win seasons could’ve been better with just an average passing attack.

But, aside from those two years, he’s a 6-6 coach. And, that’s only bc we get to schedule 3 cupcakes every season. I’ll give him credit, he’s very good at team building/recruiting & many aspects of the job, with one glaring exception of in-game philosophy/decision making. But, that’s a pretty big, important exception. Strategically, I wouldn’t trust him to out-scheme most HS coaches.

For the last few years, we have basically had a top 25 roster. And, we’ve done very well with the transfer portal, too. It’s not like he doesn’t have the players to compete. And, he’s been given every advantage, imaginable. He’s gotten FAR more support, from administration & donors, than any coach that preceded him. Not even close.

IMO, it’s just unacceptable for a coach, in his TWELFTH season, to roll out a product like what we saw, yesterday. Especially, considering the talent at his disposal. And, it would be different if shitting our pants like that was a rare occurrence. But, it’s been a pretty consistent pattern. We have at least a cpl embarrassing games like that every season. That’s just part of why I believe that if you’ve seen one Stoops team, you’ve seen them all.
PREACH , and amen

100 % spot on and couldn’t have said it any better!

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Unlike Cal, I don’t see any program that would hire him away, especially after this season. I think any hope of him leaving, getting a buyout, etc is just wishful message board thinking. $9 million a year with 6 years left after this year, I don’t see him leaving.

We are headed downhill — fast . Lost 3 in a row to a low hanging USC team , got handled by Vandy at home 2 years ago , gave up 37 straight points to a decent Missouri team at home , choked in shocking fashion to Clemson , no big upsets to balance it all out … he’s done . Plateau. Not invested . Team has zero discipline. Just headed in the wrong way as a program .

Usc may end up being a good team. There isnt a large enough body of evidence to suggest they're as bad as many of this board suggests. I don't think UK is as bad as this board is suggesting either. Truth is in the middle

Couldn’t have said it better.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I have been a CMS supporter and have thought he had done a good job. But yesterday was about as poorly prepared as I have see a CMS team play. Maybe the worst OL play I have seen in an SEC team in 10 years. I am not saying it's time for him to go, that's a UK fan decision, but we made a change in head coaches, coming off a 10 win season. But there was no search, UGA had their guy, if that's the route UK chooses to take, my advice is to have your guy before making the move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT