ADVERTISEMENT

Just had a new client...UNC grad

Blueaz

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
from '93. Says he stays in the loop at Chapel Hill. We talked basketball of course, and I tried to subtly ask what he thought about the current scandals. He said his contacts have told him that UNC will get hit very hard. "I think they are going to bring the hammer on us" " I am very afraid of bannerS coming down" and...this is supposed to come out within the next couple of weeks. TIFWIW

I just can't imagine them getting harsh punishment and expect them to get away with everything.

No offense to anyone but, I'll believe it ("banners coming down") when I see it.
Just think UNC is a sacred calf to the NCAA and who knows...the Tar Heels might be holding some dirt on them too!

I'm happy UNC fans are anxious LOL but would be surprised to see them get hammered.

I would be surprised if its anytime soon.

First, UNC has a decent team coming back next year and I'm sure Roy is trying to ride that out at least one more time, and with UNC "cooperating" I would be they get some leverage in extending this out.

That said, this is clearly affecting recruiting. UNC will have some rough years ahead as long as this cloud hangs over them.

Originally posted by Blueworld_3.0:

No offense to anyone but, I'll believe it ("banners coming down") when I see it.
Just think UNC is a sacred calf to the NCAA and who knows...the Tar Heels might be holding some dirt on them too!
I'm with you I will believe it when it happens.

The NCAA has given me zero reason to believe they will do anything. Their treatment of the Lance Thomas scandal told me everything.

The only hope is that USC football got punished and that was a cash cow.

They may hammer UNC but no way they bring down banners. The NCAA will protect champions. Like others have said, believe it when I see it

Selective Enforcement
C............X
A............O
N............N
D............E
A............R
L............A
..............T
..............E
..............D

FWIW...My "connected" Tar Heel friends sure aren't hearing anything about impending doom. And one is an executive member of the Rams Club.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT