ADVERTISEMENT

Just deleted my Facebook account and it feels great

I even let a few of my "friends" what I thought of our friendship on the way out.

Why not just ignore the people who annoy you and instead focus on interacting with your friends?

I almost deleted mine a few months back but I decided instead just to unfriend or unfollow anyone who uses it as a religious soapbox/political soapbox/crazy internet conspiracy theory launchpad. It made all the difference.

Why not just ignore the people who annoy you and instead focus on interacting with your friends?

I almost deleted mine a few months back but I decided instead just to unfriend or unfollow anyone who uses it as a religious soapbox/political soapbox/crazy internet conspiracy theory launchpad. It made all the difference.
Because I've already unfollowed just about everyone anyway so there is no use in having an account. I would have done it a long time ago if I didn't need the messenger part to communicate with my mom.

Before everyone got so soft I had many Facebook gun buy and sell groups. Met a few guys from the surrounding counties and got some good deals on pistols and a SKS

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Because I've already unfollowed just about everyone anyway so there is no use in having an account. I would have done it a long time ago if I didn't need the messenger part to communicate with my mom.
Your mom can’t receive text messages ... or phone calls?

Try deleting your Rivals account next.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Nubb16
I don't use Facebook, but my wife does. Unfortunately she has many family/"friends" who are liberal cultist idiots who have bought the SJW PC identity politics anti-America insanity. It's been manageable, but is now over the top sickening. I guess all that can be done is to block them or get out.

I miss the good ole days of Facebook when it was just college kids openly planning parties and Spring Break trips, the girls posting their Spring Break photo albums, quirky groups you'd make with some of your friends with daily posts that were actually engaging and interesting, checking up on any relationship status changes, catching up with old high school friends...

There were no kids, no parents, and no politics. Now it's just a bunch of 50 something boomers with their hunt-and-peck typing spending all day sharing unfunny week old memes, linked inflamed political articles from questionable right and left wing "news" sites, and scores of pictures of ugly, fat parents and their boring children. Facebook used to be cool, but that has long since passed.

I even let a few of my "friends" what I thought of our friendship on the way out.

I guess you'll miss all the daily posts from friends and family chronicling what they had for diner, how much they have shit in a day and their fake perfect lives they rave about.

Life was better without social media. The rise of social media also coincides with the rise of social divisions.

I miss the good ole days of Facebook when it was just college kids openly planning parties and Spring Break trips, the girls posting their Spring Break photo albums, quirky groups you'd make with some of your friends with daily posts that were actually engaging and interesting, checking up on any relationship status changes, catching up with old high school friends...

There were no kids, no parents, and no politics. Now it's just a bunch of 50 something boomers with their hunt-and-peck typing spending all day sharing unfunny week old memes, linked inflamed political articles from questionable right and left wing "news" sites, and scores of pictures of ugly, fat parents and their boring children. Facebook used to be cool, but that has long since passed.
This. Got rid of it many years ago for these exact reasons. Im here to talk with friends and holler at chicks, not see photos of your obnoxious kids and see pictures of what younm had for dinner. I can only imagine how awful FB is right now with all thats going onn

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
Agree on the FB posters who put a picture of their dinner on FB every GD day. And I have one friend who posts at least twice a day with pictures of her dogs, where she walked them, the cute thing they did, what fun they had romping in the back yard, etc., etc., etc. I mean, good God, get a life . . . .

Reactions: BigSexyCat
Life was better without social media. The rise of social media also coincides with the rise of social divisions.
110% true. Social media and the regular normal media have combined to create this social shitstorm we're in.

**** the rioters and looters. **** the cop who killed George Floyd.

A sane and rational person would look at that as a cop hurting an American citizen. Instead it gets weaponized as black v white. No one should be OK with that happening to a fellow American. And no one should be OK with the looting and rioting. Instead, here we are in hot take city and the cycle of stupidity perpetuating itself. Anyone not pandering is drowned out.

Back to topic, yes, **** Facebook. Such an enormous waste of time. Its the worst going out with friends who still use it and have to check in everywhere and post pictures of their beers. JFC, put the phone down, lets talk and watch the game. Bunch of damn women.

Last edited:
I still have an account, but deleted the app a few days ago so I don't get sucked in. Too many old & racist people I don't even really know. When I get back on I'll be cleaning up my friends list. I don't need to keep up with 1500 people.

I use it more for groups than anything. Some are educational like regional snake identification, boats, RV's, neighborhood stuff, local restaurant, and others are entertainment like the 6 80's groups I'm in that posts 80s stuff. My "friend" count is pretty low, but it's a good (and easy) way for me to keep up with things. I've also bought and sold alot on Marketplace, it's a good replacement for craigslist.

Anyone that goes on rants or political crap, I just delete or unfollow. I really don't see much of it because I've cleaned it up so much.

I don't know any of you. I will tell you to F off and not care.
Right back at ya. Oh, by the way, as soon as you deleted it, all of your posts disappear from your "friends" timelines. So unless they happened to catch it in the short amount of time between you telling them what you thought and deleting your account, they never saw it.

Right back at ya. Oh, by the way, as soon as you deleted it, all of your posts disappear from your "friends" timelines. So unless they happened to catch it in the short amount of time between you telling them what you thought and deleting your account, they never saw it.
That's disappointing.

I don't use Facebook, but my wife does. Unfortunately she has many family/"friends" who are liberal cultist idiots who have bought the SJW PC identity politics anti-America insanity. It's been manageable, but is now over the top sickening. I guess all that can be done is to block them or get out.
I don’t do FB but my wife does; relatively sparingly.

My brother is on there all the time, and he’s an unhinged TDS liberal. My wife is a moderate Republican, and she is almost to the point of blocking / ignoring him. She sometimes shows me what he posts. It’s frankly embarrassing knowing that it’s my only brother posting this stuff.

Reactions: IdaCat
It's damn near poison. Facebook came about one year before my Freshman year.. and I use it a lot.. But I'm close to giving it up or at least taking a break. Especially now.

I think we'll find that social media is just as damaging as cigs, but from a mental aspect and not a physical one. As a tech guy who has studied this stuff, one of the best decisions you can make is simply not signing up for the next Instagram or Facebook.

Reactions: drcats2013
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT