ADVERTISEMENT

Just deleted my Facebook account and it feels great

I don’t do FB but my wife does; relatively sparingly.

My brother is on there all the time, and he’s an unhinged TDS liberal. My wife is a moderate Republican, and she is almost to the point of blocking / ignoring him. She sometimes shows me what he posts. It’s frankly embarrassing knowing that it’s my only brother posting this stuff.
Youre never too old to whip your brother's ass.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
FB can be a PITA , but its useful too.
Facebook is a cesspool. It’s like the politics thread on here but 10x worse.

I’m getting rid of mine end of the week. Some people I’ve only talked with on FB Messenger so I messaged all of them to give them my phone # so want to make sure I give them time to check their messages before I delete my account.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Because I've already unfollowed just about everyone anyway so there is no use in having an account. I would have done it a long time ago if I didn't need the messenger part to communicate with my mom.
What the hell kind of friends do you have if you’ve unfollowed all of them? You need to learn how to make some better friends.

I still have an account, but deleted the app a few days ago so I don't get sucked in. Too many old & racist people I don't even really know. When I get back on I'll be cleaning up my friends list. I don't need to keep up with 1500 people.
Meh, I could do that but then I’m still a user for them to exploit for their financial benefit. Tired of playing a part in an organization that profits off of allowing violent extremists to thrive on their platform while also pushing people towards those groups by putting them as suggested groups for people to join. If someone supports and/or promotes that then I’m not going to help them in any capacity. I know losing me isn’t going to are a bit of a difference to them in the grand scheme of things but I’m not casting aside my principles over it anymore.

Reactions: BigTyrone
Meh, I could do that but then I’m still a user for them to exploit for their financial benefit. Tired of playing a part in an organization that profits off of allowing violent extremists to thrive on their platform while also pushing people towards those groups by putting them as suggested groups for people to join. If someone supports and/or promotes that then I’m not going to help them in any capacity. I know losing me isn’t going to are a bit of a difference to them in the grand scheme of things but I’m not casting aside my principles over it anymore.
You're a "progressive" leftist. You have no principles except those that lead to the destruction of America. You're just mad that Zuckerberg isn't caving to the mob and banning the speech of our president from Facebook .. yet. You want it fully controlled like the MSM lies you gobble up 24/7.

Last edited:
My favorite part of FB is not my friends and relatives. But informative posts by some of my favorite bands and musicians that I follow. Also when I see new photos of fitness models, like the hot chick in my avatar.

Besides, when you get fed up with crazy political posts from far-left or far-right people, ignorant religious posts, and folks that share urban legends as if they're real news, cant you simply unfollow those people and enjoy the rest of what FB offers?

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
Thinking about stepping away from some of that stuff too. There is too much going on in this world and social media just adds to the stress of it all.

I miss the good ole days of Facebook when it was just college kids openly planning parties and Spring Break trips, the girls posting their Spring Break photo albums, quirky groups you'd make with some of your friends with daily posts that were actually engaging and interesting, checking up on any relationship status changes, catching up with old high school friends...

There were no kids, no parents, and no politics. Now it's just a bunch of 50 something boomers with their hunt-and-peck typing spending all day sharing unfunny week old memes, linked inflamed political articles from questionable right and left wing "news" sites, and scores of pictures of ugly, fat parents and their boring children. Facebook used to be cool, but that has long since passed.

Hilarious, yeah I had Facebook for a minute back in 2004-2005. Only had it when I had active uky.edu email address....I cancelled account that year when my GF at the time didn't like some pics/comments posted and haven't had one since. She was a whacko anyway so it saved me a lot of hassle.

Only social media I have is LinkedIn which I use for work (and that is quickly deteriorating into garbage like FB) and Twitter for UK recruiting news which is pointless and I never use (complete cesspool).

Social Media is a major culprit of our societal problems.

It used to be good to keep political opinions private. I remember my parents not saying who they voted for when I was a kid....now it is a topic of almost every persons conversation.

Just deleted my account today after finally hearing back from everyone I actively kept in contact with on there via Messenger.

Place is a cesspool and Zuckerberg is a piece of shit. I know I won’t matter to them but I’m not supporting that platform anymore.

You're a "progressive" leftist. You have no principles except those that lead to the destruction of America. You're just mad that Zuckerberg isn't caving to the mob and banning the speech of our president from Facebook .. yet. You want it fully controlled like the MSM lies you gobble up 24/7.
And that looks just like an idiotic Facebook post

You just proved my point better than I ever could so thank you.

My favorite part of FB is not my friends and relatives. But informative posts by some of my favorite bands and musicians that I follow. Also when I see new photos of fitness models, like the hot chick in my avatar.

Besides, when you get fed up with crazy political posts from far-left or far-right people, ignorant religious posts, and folks that share urban legends as if they're real news, cant you simply unfollow those people and enjoy the rest of what FB offers?
Download the BandsInTown app my man. Easiest way to keep up with bands coming to your area and their updates without all of the unneccessary social media b.s. you get with FB, IG, etc.

I try not to get political on FB for 2 reasons.
1. You're not going to change anyone's mind with a FB post.
2. Whatever stand you take you'll anger half of your friends.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
Everbody uses FB for their 15 minutes of fame, 24/7/365...

The worst posts.

"I had a really bad day"

Begging someone to reply, "what happened?"

As if they couldn't just say what happened to begin with. Some people just need constant attention.

I try not to get political on FB for 2 reasons.
1. You're not going to change anyone's mind with a FB post.
2. Whatever stand you take you'll anger half of your friends.
There's a church near me where some people were being so bad on social media that they had a sermon about it. They were told to share their faith instead of their politics, build peace instead of ill will, etc. Totally backfired. They're worse now because they think they are doing it for God.
bluesbrothers.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT