ADVERTISEMENT

JQ rules out Arkansas

Not on this one unfortunately if Jones is right.
Just in general regarding Hart--he's outstanding. But I don't view anything with JQ as a loss now he's out of the LOI. Pope had 0 ties so sucks that a quality player (I'm a huge fan of Quaintance) is not coming. Brooks also recruited JQ for Baylor too. So hopefully they add him on board and you have 2 big time recruiters under Pope who we see never sleeps-guy's working hard-now just needs to get across finish line with some guys. But these hires (again if Brooks gets finalized) show he's on right track.

He probably saw Arkansas training vs. KY training...

iu

iu

Just in general regarding Hart--he's outstanding. But I don't view anything with JQ as a loss now he's out of the LOI. Pope had 0 ties so sucks that a quality player (I'm a huge fan of Quaintance) is not coming. Brooks also recruited JQ for Baylor too. So hopefully they add him on board and you have 2 big time recruiters under Pope who we see never sleeps-guy's working hard-now just needs to get across finish line with some guys. But these hires (again if Brooks gets finalized) show he's on right track.
I am excited for this future just wanted JQ but if the reports of 2 million are true than I see why.

I just want to say that you seem to be a sensible and reasonable poster and I like discussing college basketball with opposing fans like you.
Hey man thanks for saying that, I like discussing things with people who differ from me on any topic, it’s how we learn. I’ve tried to be very respectful of you guys, the forum etc. I mean we don’t have to agree about everything, but I’m not going to be disrespectful to someone in their own house.

Hey man thanks for saying that, I like discussing things with people who differ from me on any topic, it’s how we learn. I’ve tried to be very respectful of you guys, the forum etc. I mean we don’t have to agree about everything, but I’m not going to be disrespectful to someone in their own house.
There's some good Arkansas fans that have visited us over the years...especially @ThreeHogNight . Hopefully the fun will continue but there will always be the outliers and we have those as well.

Maybe getting kids to follow him from Memphis to UK after great success at Memphis was easier than getting them to follow him from UK to Arkansas after underperforming at UK...
I think its hard to compete with blue blood schools on the platforms they offer to build your personal brand. No matter who's coaching or what Yahoo is offering to double NIL deals. There are only. couple schools that can offer 20 thousand in attendance on a nightly basis. Arky aint one of them.

I haven’t seen a problem with you that I recall. Don’t mind rival fans at all as long as they wanna legit talk about sports. Not just gloat or be assholes. I talk to IU fans and we have some great Georgia/Vandy/Arkansas fans who have come here a long time.

Misunderstanding. I

t was to announce he would visit UK, not commit. I am told the other visits will not happen.

I am getting my info from someone who has staff connections, so sometimes you have to weed out what the info really is when it is second hand.

I will just keep the info to myself going forward.

Reactions: bookerfan66
Only Louisville is that dumb, I can’t wait until his team mates get mad at how much he’s making and god forbid he don’t produce. Wait until his coach tries to tell him to do something…. They haven’t dealt with these kinda dudes before.

Or the first time he sits out a couple games with a minor questionable injury. That’s always a good time.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Things that Arkansas fans do not know that will drive them crazy about Cal.

He sits players for multiple games with minor injuries.
He only plays man to man defense.
He runs ZERO out of bounds plays.
He has no idea how to use timeouts effectively
He loses TONS of games in the last 4 min, as he is routinely out-coached.
He refuses to play the best lineups, even if analytics say otherwise.

They have no idea what they are in for.

It will only get worse too.

Nope and I can’t wait, I’m gonna keep up with them strictly to see how their attitude changes over the course of the year. When they lose first round of the SEC tourney and then NCAA.

I just want to say that you seem to be a sensible and reasonable poster and I like discussing college basketball with opposing fans like you.
Yeah how'd he get past security! We will only put up with that reasonableness and sensibility for so long!!!

• Haha
Reactions: yoshukai
Cal probably doesn’t want to pay even if he does have near unlimited funds, on the principles of this kid committed to me now he’s borderline extorting me. In a way I feel for Cal on this one.
Cal extorted UK over the UCLA thing. I have zero sympathy. He can EABOD.

This is very much professional sports now

Those that have money will succeed. Those that don't will be left in the dust.

You'll have certain programs that will "punch above their weight" but they won't be many and they won't be consistent.

At some point we will look into success in the NCAA tournament and NIL money and see just how correlated the two become.

Reactions: track42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT