ADVERTISEMENT

JQ rules out Arkansas

Pope and Hart would actually be a good fit for JQ. I keep reading folks say that Pope has a "system," but you will probably see different concepts and set plays at UK than he used at BYU. Running zoom action, curls, back cuts, and stagger screens to free his shooters isn't a system. If you are Pope and can land JQ, you probably take him and coach him up. He's a big body and can bang with SEC bigs as is, but has a very high ceiling in year two with the right coaches.

Reactions: Bluegrassking
Is it strange that I don’t want him?

A huge NIL $ for a 16 year old whose value is likely in 2nd year, which we’d have to bid for again.
Quit, no one actually knows what his NIL worth has been or is
For all we know, Uk may still be the high bidder and the fact Pope is now in the picture says a lot. BBN is still Kentucky and why Z was a disappointment since hes a better fit in Lexington than Hog Slop.

Didn’t Louisville hire one of his former Coaches?
Mu understanding…….

Louisville hired his AD from HS
Kentucky hired Hart, who was recruiting him to Ignite and that Ignite was one of his three finalist before initially picked UK.

Source: Rupp Rafters and House of Blue

Is it strange that I don’t want him?

A huge NIL $ for a 16 year old whose value is likely in 2nd year, which we’d have to bid for again.

Quaintance will play Yr 1 of college at 17 years of age. He is 16 right now, but turns 17 in a couple months.

His list was ark ul uk memphis

Ark eliminated and the word around louisville is hes not coming there.

Leaves memphis and UK.

So absolutely nothing? lol

He DID officially remove Arky from what I’ve seen but I’ve not seen one other person say he’s removed Lville from the list

Quit, no one actually knows what his NIL worth has been or is
For all we know, Uk may still be the high bidder and the fact Pope is now in the picture says a lot. BBN is still Kentucky and why Z was a disappointment since hes a better fit in Lexington than Hog Slop.
Huh?

Idc if we are the highest bidder. Theres likely significantly better “value players”. We are paying top NIL dollars for someone who likely won’t produce meaningfully until the NBA

I would love to see him in Kentucky blue go against Cooper Flagg in the fall , proving that his is the best power forward freshman in college basketball.

Reactions: TFCats11
JQ is going to the highest bidder, is still considering UK and not Arkansas, but Arkansas is doubling our NIL offers. Somebody told a lie.

So absolutely nothing? lol

He DID officially remove Arky from what I’ve seen but I’ve not seen one other person say he’s removed Lville from the list
never said he removed ul from the list. The ppl around ul said theres basically 0 chamce he goes to ul after his visit. If this is a horse race memphis and uk are coming down the back stretch and ul is in the starting gate. If you would like to consider ul a realistic option then thats your prerogative

Love the Cal whiffed on him. Now let’s get him Lexington. No way he’s going to Louisville.
We didn’t “whiff” we’re not paying him what they asked for. What we are gonna do is pay Davis what he’s asking for. Richmond and Boogie are here this weekend and we’ll pay them, expect them to commit this weekend. Davis was the better value play at the end of the day, it’s really that simple. Davis could say no, obviously that’s possible, but we are paying JQ 1.5 million dollars. Regardless how much money we have.

IF Pope is able to flip him back to UK...wow how awesome would that be.
I don’t know, the board was pretty adamant they don’t want any of these guys. So not sure they agree with you. That said if you want to drop the 1.5 million dollar check, or possibly 2 million at this point I’m sure you could get him.

• Haha
Reactions: University-6
We didn’t “whiff” we’re not paying him what they asked for. What we are gonna do is pay Davis what he’s asking for. Richmond and Boogie are here this weekend and we’ll pay them, expect them to commit this weekend. Davis was the better value play at the end of the day, it’s really that simple. Davis could say no, obviously that’s possible, but we are paying JQ 1.5 million dollars. Regardless how much money we have.
I'm rooting for you all to have the #1 recruiting class. That always worked out well for UK.

BUT....Arkansas will be "young" perpetually. So you can't expect them to actually win games.

It's your picture paint it as big and bright as you want

It's your picture paint it as big and bright as you want
That’s rich coming from what’s been said here over the last 10 days, respectfully. I’m not painting anything, he priced himself out…it’s really that simple. If Memphis or Ville will pay it, I don’t blame him, but we aren’t paying close to 2 million for the kid, obviously.

I'm rooting for you all to have the #1 recruiting class. That always worked out well for UK.

BUT....Arkansas will be "young" perpetually. So you can't expect them to actually win games.
That’s why we’re on Davis and Aidoo so heavy. I agree though, we will always be young.

That’s rich coming from what’s been said here over the last 10 days, respectfully. I’m not painting anything, he priced himself out…it’s really that simple. If Memphis or Ville will pay it, I don’t blame him, but we aren’t paying close to 2 million for the kid, obviously.

If he priced himself out, then all the Jerry talk was bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT