ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Kendall shows more disrespect to Kentucky football

mktmaker

Junior
Jun 5, 2001
Atlanta
My apologies to HoptownCat93 because he made a similar post yesterday – about South Carolina “Superiority.”

I am (selfishly?) posting, because of new material I heard (on TV) moments ago.

I posted about this subject July 21 and got lots of response.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...d-by-many-to-be-above-uk.300043/#post-8100567

Paul Finebaum says he wrote a column ("back in my writing days") in 1993 about South Carolina's worth to the SEC.

For you younger fellows/female persons, Bama had just won the national championship (unlike now-- it had been a long time), and the SEC expanded to add SC and Arkansas.

Finebaum traveled to Columbia for the Bama - SC game.

He says that planes with Finebaum-hate banners flew over the stadium. He says his life was threatened and it was the only time he ever wondered if he would get out of the stadium alive.

Well, Josh Kendall (of TheState, and TheAthletic.com) got under my skin again today.

On Paul Finebaum, Josh said that the wins they want (this year) are Florida and A&M.

He thinks that Bama, Georgia, and Clemson would be great!

So he figures SC expects to reach 6-8 wins.

"We have to beat Kentucky!"

Again, he said – with a raised voice – that “it is inexplicable and inexcusable(!)” that they have lost 5 in a row to Kentucky.

Tell you what, they BETTER beat us this year because next year they lose there QB, top 3 RBs, best receiver. A couple OL. Entire starting Dline and best LB.

We are going return at least 16 starters and will WAX them at home on our way to competing for the East! Write it down.

My apologies to HoptownCat93 because he made a similar post yesterday – about South Carolina “Superiority.”

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...d-by-many-to-be-above-uk.300043/#post-8100567

Paul Finebaum says he wrote a column ("back in my writing days") in 1993 about South Carolina's worth to the SEC.

For you younger fellows/female persons, Bama had just won the national championship (unlike now-- it had been a long time), and the SEC expanded to add SC and Arkansas.

He says that planes with Finebaum-hate banners flew over the stadium. He says his life was threatened and it was the only time he ever wondered if he would get out of the stadium alive.

Well, Josh Kendall (of TheState, and TheAthletic.com) got under my skin again today.

On Paul Finebaum, Josh said that the wins they want (this year) are Florida and A&M.

Again, he said – with a raised voice – that “it is inexplicable and inexcusable(!)” that they have lost 5 in a row to Kentucky.
I wonder how they're going to feel when it is 6

The best part is that even in our 2-10 season (Stoops’ first team) we only lost by a TD. 35-28. Stoops has South Carolina’s number. Can’t wait until we smack them down like we did 2 years ago in Columbia.

He’s apparently a Gamecock homer.
Enough said.

Haven’t we beaten them 5 straight times?

63d1fa45-b148-4ac3-853c-29b23f23479f_text_hi.gif

Last edited:

It's just as inexplicable and inexcusable that we lost as many to USC during the Spurrier days as we did. There was no excuse for that. There is no excuse for either to have a big losing streak against the other.

IMO, Ky and USC should have about the same level of success in the SEC. We should at least go .500 with them. That said, I don't get bent out of shape at all by what these guys say. If we lose, we'd have to say they were right. If we win, we can tell them they were wrong. Nothing matters but what happens on the field.

I'll volunteer to poop down his chimney. 30 years of carpentry experience, so I'm used to being on roofs. As an added bonus, I had to have half my bowels removed (non cancerous tumor) so what comes out of my ass is like the worst things you can imagine. He'd probably just burn the house down instead of trying to clean it up.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
It's just as inexplicable and inexcusable that we lost as many to USC during the Spurrier days as we did. There was no excuse for that. There is no excuse for either to have a big losing streak against the other.

IMO, Ky and USC should have about the same level of success in the SEC. We should at least go .500 with them. That said, I don't get bent out of shape at all by what these guys say. If we lose, we'd have to say they were right. If we win, we can tell them they were wrong. Nothing matters but what happens on the field.

I agree that USC and UK are about the same level.

But I think it WAS explicable that we lost 8 of 9 during one period vs. Spurrier. The only head coach UK has had that was as good as Spurrier was Coach Bryant.

South Carolina takes football more seriously than UK does. They made three straight big-time hires. (They all didn't work out so well.)

Kentucky did not make any big-time hires.

So...IN MY OPINION...we just ran up against a clearly better coach who knew how to win -- and did.

Josh isnt a “USC homer” at all - Gamecock fans cannot stand him and still call him a “UGa guy”.

Its an American thing to react with “Bias!” or
“Corruption!” anytime a person says something we dont agree with. People simply cannot accept the fact that everyone doesnt see things the same way.

Josh isnt a “USC homer” at all - Gamecock fans cannot stand him and still call him a “UGa guy”.

“Corruption!” anytime a person says something we dont agree with. People simply cannot accept the fact that everyone doesnt see things the same way.
He is biased. Nothing South Carolina has ever done indicates them being above UK in the totem pole. Their fans, including Kendall, are delusional. Always have been.

I am not saying Josh Kendall is "biased." (...though I AM American.)

I AM saying that what he SAYS is biased. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ky grandpa
If he covered Georgia or Florida, then I'd agree with him. If those schools every lose 5 in a row to KY, then they should be pissed. But alas, he covers south carolina. Their history is worse than that of UK, outside of the fact that they won the SEC once. They own a marginal head-to-head series record, but the series is pretty much even outside of two aberrations (their ten game streak and our current five game streak). Truthfully, South Carolina is probably UK's peer program in the SEC as much as their fanbase would hate to hear that.

If he covered Georgia or Florida, then I'd agree with him. If those schools every lose 5 in a row to KY, then they should be pissed. But alas, he covers south carolina. Their history is worse than that of UK, outside of the fact that they won the SEC once. They own a marginal head-to-head series record, but the series is pretty much even outside of two aberrations (their ten game streak and our current five game streak). Truthfully, South Carolina is probably UK's peer program in the SEC as much as their fanbase would hate to hear that.

Au contraire, mon frere!

The ONLY conference championship South Carolina has EVER won was in 1969 when they were in the ACC.

That's when the ACC consisted of the roundball boys -- before Florida State joined and laid waste to them.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
He isn't biased or stupid. He's smart.

Had he written a well thought take on UK football rising, it would've gone unnoticed and no traction.

Instead Look how much activity he's getting because we can never stop feeding the trolls.

I agree, you should have every right to have your own opinion.

As long as it agrees with mine, 100%. Check with me before your next post so I can tell you what to think.

Au contraire, mon frere!

The ONLY conference championship South Carolina has EVER won was in 1969 when they were in the ACC.

That's when the ACC consisted of the roundball boys -- before Florida State joined and laid waste to them.

You're right. I neglected to say "SEC East". My mistake. They did with the SEC east once, but were then demolished by Auburn and Cam Newton.

StucknBig10:

Of course, you are correct.

Cam and Company waxed SC 56-17.

Auburn broke the SEC Championship Game records for most offensive yards, most points scored and largest margin of victory. Auburn receiver Darvin Adams set the game record for most receiving yards with 217. Auburn quarterback Cam Newton matched the game record for touchdown responsibility with six, four throwing and two running.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_SEC_Championship_Gamehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_SEC_Championship_Game

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
this guy is also trying to self servingly continue to feed the narrative that it's still the "same ole Kentucky". that not only plays well to the fan base but helps plant the seed in recruiting. like it or not the guys growing up in the south have a longstanding negative perception against UK. still some work to do to change that perception to the most important audience..recruits.

continued success this year and a serious run at the East again next year is what we need. he will eat his words

Reactions: mktmaker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT