ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burks

I can't figure out what angle he is playing by waiting this long..
Seems as if he wanted to stay him and Pope would have already came to an agreement.
If he's leaving then why not be in the portal now gauging interest from other schools.
Maybe he wants to wait until May 1 so he can see where he might fit after others have made a decision.

Seems as if he wanted to stay him and Pope would have already came to an agreement.
If he's leaving then why not be in the portal now gauging interest from other schools.
Maybe he wants to wait until May 1 so he can see where he might fit after others have made a decision.
Could be Pope has told him not to say anything about staying because he doesn’t want to scare potential new players away if they have concerns about playing time .

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69

I have no idea if this holds weight but I've heard that a reason for some of the very late entries into portal stem from players waiting on last NIL payment for semester.

It really is a mess.

Has to be weird seeing guys like Antigua and Brooks roaming around JCC with a new coach in the office hovering over the court.

Reactions: ukfan041
He posted a photo of him in the JCC today or last night, just like Z did a day or so before announcing he was leaving. No idea if it means a thing. We'll know when we know.

I keep seeing that, but I doubt it means you can’t transfer after May 1st.
Others undoubtedly know better, but from what I've gathered, May 1 is the cutoff. I'm not sure if there are any exceptions regarding the portal for a coach leaving or other extenuating circumstances occuring like with NLI.

I'm also pretty sure I've heard that athletes can still leave AFTER the May 1 deadline as graduate transfers. Again, I'm not 100% certain on that.

Reactions: BigKari
Others undoubtedly know better, but from what I've gathered, May 1 is the cutoff. I'm not sure if there are any exceptions regarding the portal for a coach leaving or other extenuating circumstances occuring like with NLI.

I'm also pretty sure I've heard that athletes can still leave AFTER the May 1 deadline as graduate transfers. Again, I'm not 100% certain on that.
I think you are correct from what I know too. You have to enter by May 1 or receive an exemption from the NCAA unless you are a Grad Transfer and then that date is extended even further.

Reactions: JPFisher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT