ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Brown

Let’s get Brown, Kaluma, and Mulcahy for this season and add Cyril, Burks, and Hart for the future.

That would put us at 13 scholarships.

Starters

G Wagner
G Edwards
F Kaluma
F Bradshaw
F Brown

Key Reserves

G Dillingham
G Mulcahy
F Onyenso
F Cyril

Bench

G Sheppard
G Hart
G Thiero
F Burks
Illinois seems to be the leader for mulcahy

Good Boy Dog GIF by Kel Cripe

Everytime Cal gets excited about a potential signee ....

I assume Cal has offered or indicated he was gonna offer all the young guys, I know we have 6 scholarships, but I would think you either get an old guy or young guy, not both, at all three positions.

Reactions: Fox2monk
No idea. If I even had a clue WTH is going on right now, I'd be a rich man, but at least other options are starting to emerge and they are working.
They have been working the whole time. Like Cal said, media has NO clue who they are on or talking to. I told people to wait until the end result before bashing. And there will be a few more big name or relatively big name grad transfers to jump in the portal. Not over yet. Not saying we will land everyone, but I will wait to pass judgment. Now if we end up where we are, I will be the lead conductor all aboard the bitch train. But some of the fans calling Cal dumb and lazy are just shooting off at the mouth. He has weaknesses but lazy and dumb are not it. Effort is there, results TBD. People saying so and so for next year, nah get all we can get and let the others have a year and develope. Remember, 5 at least will leave at the end of next year, just the way it works when you recruit top end talent. Live with it.

Last edited:
They have been working the whole time. Like Cal said, media has NO clue who they are on or talking to. I told people to wait until the end result before bashing. And there will be a few more big name or relatively big name grad transfers to jump in the portal. Not over yet. Not saying we will land everyone, but I will wait to pass judgment. Now if we end up where we are, I will be the lead conductor all aboard the bitch train. But some of the fans calling Cal dumb and lazy are just shooting off at the mouth. He has weaknesses but lazy and dumb are the not it. Effort is there, results TBD. People saying so and so for next year, nah get all we can get and let the others have a year and develope. Remeber 5 at least will leave at the end of next year, just the way it works when you recruit top end talent. Live with it.
So you’re saying that the staff passed on all the portal guys because we were waiting on these last couple of grad transfers to jump in the portal. I’m sure we weren’t talking to them before they put their names in to transfer. So they must have only been talking to 2023/24 kids that we don’t know about, and it is still undecided if we have top end talent.

Well he is scheduling a visit next week, I doubt the kid loves Lexington so much that he would waste a few days here. So I would say so.
Before the people chi.e in "yeah sp and so also visited and we didn't get them", it's recruited it wouldn't be called recruiting if you got em all. Like fishing. If you caught em all it would be called catching. Relax and enjoy the next couple weeks. And quite listening to MJ he is in some of yalls head with a lot of false bs.

So you’re saying that the staff passed on all the portal guys because we were waiting on these last couple of grad transfers to jump in the portal. I’m sure we weren’t talking to them before they put their names in to transfer. So they must have only been talking to 2023/24 kids that we don’t know about, and it is still undecided if we have top end talent.
And there is the post i was eluding to in my last post before this one. No we didn't but people are saying Cal is stupid, lazy and failed. Not so. He keeps working and has back up plans for the back up plan. And a little secret for you, nobody knows who they are talking to, been talking to, or will talk to. Wait until it's over then decide for yourself not let MJ decide for you. Just days ago MJ said we had no shot at Kaluma. Now he is visiting. He had no Fn clue who we have a shot at. Neither do I. Its called recruiting for a reason. If we got em all, it would be called catching. If you think Cal is dumb, lazy and quit, you are just not willing to see. He said its not over , nowhere near it. Patience grasshopper.

And there is the post i was eluding to in my last post before this one. No we didn't but people are saying Cal is stupid, lazy and failed. Not so. He keeps working and has back up plans for the back up plan. And a little secret for you, nobody knows who they are talking to, been talking to, or will talk to. Wait until it's over then decide for yourself not let MJ decide for you. Just days ago MJ said we had no shot at Kaluma. Now he is visiting. He had no Fn clue who we have a shot at. Neither do I. Its called recruiting for a reason. If we got em all, it would be called catching. If you think Cal is dumb, lazy and quit, you are just not willing to see. He said its not over , nowhere near it. Patience grasshopper.
We all have to wait it out and that’s fine. I would just like to know WHY we did nothing in the portal when all of our players left. Was it planned that way?

We all have to wait it out and that’s fine. I would just like to know WHY we did nothing in the portal when all of our players left. Was it planned that way?
No it wasn't planned that way. Kansas guaranteed HD big time money. We have missed a few. The dude from SD State didn't get promised a starting role. He is not using his last year to lose minutes. He is a decent player, but other than HD who elite that we had a shot at did we miss on ? Cal was kind of in a bad spot waiting on O. Livingston, and I think shocked at Reeves. I mean wtf do you do. If he went after people and all 3 come back, then you lied to someone. Only one im pissed at is Reeves. I mean he played it as bad as you could have. Cal put in the spotlight. Gave him minutes and he made a decent name for himself. Then he got cocky and thought he was better than he is by demanding this and that. He made FN 6 figures and was the 2nd leading scorer. What more you want ? He might get 35 mpg somewhere , but guess what ? His game is his game and he will not make the NBA. He shit on the big time school who put him on. And Reeves was my favorite player last year and wanted him back more than O. But he did this all wrong. Scared of freshmen ? HTF you ever gonna make it in pro ball ? Good luck playa. You got a hard lesson coming. Cal being loyal to Reeves Fd him. Don't be surprised in the future if he doesn't get burnt by a portal guy like Reeves. Cal loves the kids and did right by them, but Reeves ? Kick rocks.

No it wasn't planned that way. Kansas guaranteed HD big time money. We have missed a few. The dude from SD State didn't get promised a starting role. He is not using his last year to lose minutes. He is a decent player, but other than HD who elite that we had a shot at did we miss on ? Cal was kind of in a bad spot waiting on O. Livingston, and I think shocked at Reeves. I mean wtf do you do. If he went after people and all 3 come back, then you lied to someone. Only one im pissed at is Reeves. I mean he played it as bad as you could have. Cal put in the spotlight. Gave him minutes and he made a decent name for himself. Then he got cocky and thought he was better than he is by demanding this and that. He made FN 6 figures and was the 2nd leading scorer. What more you want ? He might get 35 mpg somewhere , but guess what ? His game is his game and he will not make the NBA. He shit on the big time school who put him on. And Reeves was my favorite player last year and wanted him back more than O. But he did this all wrong. Scared of freshmen ? HTF you ever gonna make it in pro ball ? Good luck playa. You got a hard lesson coming. Cal being loyal to Reeves Fd him. Don't be surprised in the future if he doesn't get burnt by a portal guy like Reeves. Cal loves the kids and did right by them, but Reeves ? Kick rocks.
What did reeves do besides want a starting spot and money?

What did reeves do besides want a starting spot and money?
Sold out the team that gave him all that and he MAYBE betters himself. Not likely. He had everything right here. He didn't have a starting spot last year. Guess what, he put in work and earned minutes. He just wanted to come in, get paid, jack all the shot he wanted to. That would not have helped him. Mark it down, he will NOT better himself in the portal. Like I said. He was my dawg, but he shit on UK and said he was coming back. If he is what he thinks he is, why be scared of freshmen ? He is a 23 year old man , and made 6 figures here. He is NOT getting that elsewhere and he would have made more than last year if he came back.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Sold out the team that gave him all that and he MAYBE betters himself. Not likely. He had everything right here. He didn't have a starting spot last year. Guess what, he put in work and earned minutes. He just wanted to come in, get paid, jack all the shot he wanted to. That would not have helped him. Mark it down, he will NOT better himself in the portal. Like I said. He was my dawg, but he shit on UK and said he was coming back. If he is what he thinks he is, why be scared of freshmen ? He is a 23 year old man , and made 6 figures here. He is NOT getting that elsewhere and he would have made more than last year if he came back.
But we now have zero outside shooters on our roster so UK will be the one most hurt by this.

Let’s get Brown, Kaluma, and Mulcahy for this season and add Cyril, Burks, and Hart for the future.

That would put us at 13 scholarships.

Starters

G Wagner
G Edwards
F Kaluma
F Bradshaw
F Brown

Key Reserves

G Dillingham
G Mulcahy
F Onyenso
F Cyril

Bench

G Sheppard
G Hart
G Thiero
F Burks
You put in a lot of thought for this. It’s nice. But we’ll never have 13 scholarships. 11 is most likely

Reeves and his camp didn’t handle the process well neither did cal. Reeves should be starting regardless if he wants a guarentee or not and he would make good money here. I’m betting somebody, one of these teams that tampered with him got in his ear and told he can make more money when in reality he won’t

Yep, the staff was that prepared. People think we weren’t going after many in the portal but we keyed in on 3 guys and struck out. They always had these plans.

Reactions: YardCat
But we now have zero outside shooters on our roster so UK will be the one most hurt by this.
Exactly my point. He played a ton of minutes on a deeper team last year and got paid. Then he got a big head and now he is better than UK ? Lol. Got a feeling he is in for a rude awakening. Love the kid and what he gave us last year, but I truly believe he made a huge mistake. But if he is affraid the freshmen will take his minutes, let him go. He was a shooter and not much else, there are kids who can shoot and Cal will target them. Patience is a virtue. They cane be any worse defensively than Reeves, his experience was important but oh well. He gone.

Exactly my point. He played a ton of minutes on a deeper team last year and got paid. Then he got a big head and now he is better than UK ? Lol. Got a feeling he is in for a rude awakening. Love the kid and what he gave us last year, but I truly believe he made a huge mistake. But if he is affraid the freshmen will take his minutes, let him go. He was a shooter and not much else, there are kids who can shoot and Cal will target them. Patience is a virtue. They cane be any worse defensively than Reeves, his experience was important but oh well. He gone.
Who are the shooters left? They aren’t any

Reactions: track42
Reeves and his camp didn’t handle the process well neither did cal. Reeves should be starting regardless if he wants a guarentee or not and he would make good money here. I’m betting somebody, one of these teams that tampered with him got in his ear and told he can make more money when in reality he won’t
Cal didn't do anything wrong other than holding a spot for him and keeping a promise to him. I guess him being loyal to Reeves and taking the kid at his word can be construed as mishandled, but if he filled his spot and left him high and dry would have been my opinion of mishandled. Reeves lied to him and Cal supported him and even meet with him to try to salvage the kid. Reeves made a huge mistake and Cal knows it but what can he do.

Cal didn't do anything wrong other than holding a spot for him and keeping a promise to him. I guess him being loyal to Reeves and taking the kid at his word can be construed as mishandled, but if he filled his spot and left him high and dry would have been my opinion of mishandled. Reeves lied to him and Cal supported him and even meet with him to try to salvage the kid. Reeves made a huge mistake and Cal knows it but what can he do.
Cal mishandled is some, my frustration is cal could have gotten the dingle kid from penn if he went after him and forced reeves to react

Only thing I have heard from Bradshaw is that he prefers to play the 4. Doesn't want to be a 5. All the other BS is just that. Cal has put a hell of a lot bigger name players in their place (parents included), he doesn't react well to demands. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see Bradshaw being as good as a lot of people see him. Hell he may even be a two year player. (Not saying he would stay). The kid hasn't shown me anything that suggest he is a primadona, but maybe I'm wrong and hope I'm wrong in that he is better than what I think he is.

Reactions: yes_takeaside
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT