ADVERTISEMENT

Jones update on roster construction

I have been hard on Jones and KSR for a while as usually they took topics from this board are just guessed as they had no contact with the team/staff.

Watching everyone after the news conference Sunday, they are back in the loop with Pope. May not have the big leak like Justus was, but they will get more info.

I have been hard on Jones and KSR for a while as usually they took topics from this board are just guessed as they had no contact with the team/staff.

Watching everyone after the news conference Sunday, they are back in the loop with Pope. May not have the big leak like Justus was, but they will get more info.
Pope seemed surprised at the audience reaction when Matt introduced himself sitting next to Drew. I'm not sure he's aware of how much of the BBN Jones and KSR reaches, but most likely picked up on it with that crowd response Sunday.

I'm also not sure Matt is going to immediately have an insider, but he needs to gain the trust of someone and nurture that trust so as to not alienate himself again.

Cool and he may be right but this is 100% guesswork and nothing different that a hundred people on this forum could have tweeted.
key and peele q GIF

Last edited:
Pope seemed surprised at the audience reaction when Matt introduced himself sitting next to Drew. I'm not sure he's aware of how much of the BBN Jones and KSR reaches, but most likely picked up on it with that crowd response Sunday.

I'm also not sure Matt is going to immediately have an insider, but he needs to gain the trust of someone and nurture that trust so as to not alienate himself again.
Yeah I was shocked too as I don't feel he is a very genuine person nor has much of a mind for sports. Great business mind though.

I also noticed some of the UK people ushered Pope over to Matt and the other KSR folks there after he glad-handed the boosters. Can't 100% remember but I believe they were the first media folks he got pushed towards.

Reactions: TheDude73
Cool and he may be right but this is 100% guesswork and nothing different that a hundred people on this forum could have tweeted.
His group was the same throwing shit on the wall to see what sticks with....

- Zero clue Cal was going to Ark
- No idea on Reed
- Scott Drew was imminent
Etc

He's been no more of an idea that my dog of who will be here next year.

That pop that Jones got he will start to get some insiders info that bridge will be mended from previous coaching staff

Just looking at some of the who we've reached out to (just a guess):

3 Freshmen (Perry and Chandler are 2) - Liam McNeeley (maybe Jasper Johnson re-class?)
2 BYU kids - Khalifa // Robinson (not in portal)
2 top 25 from ESPN - Javon Small // Andrej Stojakovic // Johnell Davis
2 26-55 from ESPN - Jalen Blackmon // Amari Williams // Cade Tyson
Other role guys - Boopie Miller // David Coit // JaKobe Coles

I feel like Javon small has to be top 25 transfer. Right?
I forgot him, I kept looking over the twitter post with everyone to see who I missed. I was thinking Tyson and Williams were top 25, Stojakovic and Blackmon in the next group.

Maybe we get small and Stojakovic is in a lower group than 50?

Reactions: BassProCat
Amari Williams already has a UK visit scheduled for next week (two days - 21st and 22nd). I think we wrap him up.
Think they wrap small up to if the visit ever comes out, and they try to get Robinson locked up. After that it’s a guessing game

Just looking at some of the who we've reached out to (just a guess):

3 Freshmen (Perry and Chandler are 2) - Liam McNeeley (maybe Jasper Johnson re-class?)
2 BYU kids - Khalifa // Robinson (not in portal)
2 top 25 from ESPN - Javon Small // Andrej Stojakovic // Johnell Davis
2 26-55 from ESPN - Jalen Blackmon // Amari Williams // Cade Tyson
Other role guys - Boopie Miller // David Coit // JaKobe Coles
Stojakovic, brea, and Carr are another 3 that they have shown interest in

- No idea on Reed
Etc

That's ruff.

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang

- No idea on Reed
Etc

Then don’t listen/read

Seems simple.

No one knew about Cal bc it literally happened in a whirlwind, not some weeks long process.

Reactions: ukfan041
Mcneely, Perry, Chandler

Khalifa and Robinson

Williams, Brea, Small, Coles and Tysom would be my dream scenario unless Dunn drops out of the draft then I really want him.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT