ADVERTISEMENT

Jones to Memphis

Based on everything Graf has reported on Jones, it’s quite obvious that Cal was never interested in him.

If Reeves isn’t back and Kaluma isn’t added then it’s very clear there was never a plan in place like Cal has claimed.
1st thing - ccc can NEVER be believed, especially when his back is against the wall
2nd thing - to believe ccc could even plan ahead is absoluteyl comical.
3rd thing - to think that we would even develop a plan of action regarding different scenarios is a direct opposite of what he has shown during his tenure @ UK

I didn’t see it with Jones personally. I think he’s a decent-good college 3. Not big enough to be a 4 and not a good enough shooter to play the 2. Also the issue with being a multiple time transfer/grad transfer maybe waiver headache is not something we needed this summer.

To add, it’s extremely awkward that we kinda recruited the kid 3 times in 4 years(in HS, transferring from DePaul, and transferring from SJU)

Interesting that they've passed on 2 guys who have been basically mentioned as "locks" if Kentucky would give the go ahead--Miranda and Jones. They've done it multiple times too--with Miranda out of HS and now after transfer and with Jones out of HS, when he transferred to SJU from Depaul, and now from St. John's to Memphis.

First order of business today though is Antonio Reeves. Need to get that done.

Interesting that they've passed on 2 guys who have been basically mentioned as "locks" if Kentucky would give the go ahead--Miranda and Jones. They've done it multiple times too--with Miranda out of HS and now after transfer and with Jones out of HS, when he transferred to SJU from Depaul, and now from St. John's to Memphis.

Cal doesn't have a plan.He's toast.

He didn’t understand what it means to play for Kentucky. He wanted to talk about NIL and playing time. Glad we moved on from him.

Reactions: NociHTTP

So Ralph, will Cal beg Reeves to come back and promise playing time and NIL money? What do you think, Will Reeves come back, it feels like he is holding Cal hostage.

It's looking like Burks and Hart better be ready to play now because they will have to one way or the other.

It's looking like Burks and Hart better be ready to play now because they will have to one way or the other.

If Reeves bails, then you're absolutely right.

Get Reeves back, and neither should still sniff the floor.

Wager
Dillingham
Reeves
Sheppard
Edwards
Thiero

Those 6 guys will probably take all 120 MPG on the 3 perimeter spots. I don't envision either of Burks or Hart seeing the floor much as freshman.

Our major gap is obviously down low- absolutely NEED Kaluma and probably Cyril as well.

In a perfect world of course, but likely can’t get both to commit with presumed roles. Like it or not, those freshman are gonna get big minutes.
Even if this is true, he only have four Freshmen he has to play because of alleged promises. I haven’t heard anyone say he has promised anything to Sheppard. No one is expecting Shep to play huge minutes. Some even say he won’t play at all because he is from Kentucky.

So if the big four start or play starter minutes, that still leaves three spots in the top seven. The top seven usually get pretty big minutes for Cal.

So Cal should be able to offer a good portion of PT to three veterans in the portal.

So I don’t get the “they won’t come here because of the Freshmen” argument.

There are plenty of minutes to be had for three seasoned veterans, IMHO.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Even if this is true, he only have four Freshmen he has to play because of alleged promises. I haven’t heard anyone say he has promised anything to Sheppard. No one is expecting Shep to play huge minutes. Some even say he won’t play at all because he is from Kentucky.

So if the big four start or play starter minutes, that still leaves three spots in the top seven. The top seven usually get pretty big minutes for Cal.

So Cal should be able to offer a good portion of PT to three veterans in the portal.

So I don’t get the “they won’t come here because of the Freshmen” argument.

There are plenty of minutes to be had for three seasoned veterans, IMHO.

What makes you think thiero and ugonna won't be in rotation?

I think other coaches can use the freshmen and those 2 and Reeves even against UK. And they will include shep. They are saying "if reeves stays they have their 8 man rotation and calipari won't play more than that."

Right or wrong, believe that is what happens.

Well, I'm sure we gave it our best shot.
"This is hard."
"We're young."
"I like my team."
"Poop...ice cream..."
Cal has said in the past about certain players crapping the bed after a poor performance. I guess we can say Cal has diarrhoea after HIS performance the past few years coaching, his marketing of the once GOLD Standard program, and his handling of personnel.

Maybe these guys are figuring out Cal is not a very good coach and just don't want to come to KY, just maybe

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT