ADVERTISEMENT

Jones flips to Bama

If you're single and ready to mingle lol then hell no you don't turn down a 10. But if you show up at the dance with another girl and ditch her to hook up with the 10 it sure does make you look like a $&$&!! I get the allure of playing for Alabama and Nick Saban. But all along Mac Jones went on social media and declared how committed to UK he was and how he was married to Mark Stoops. When you tell people bold faced lies I think you deserve any and all backlash you get.

Who is to say he wasn't at the time? Again a Bama offer was never guaranteed. Everyone is beyond frustrated but no need to bash the kid's character.
Again, he got an offer to play at the top program in the country and he took it. No need to read into it any deeper than that.

Alabama football versus Kentucky football..that is a no-brainer to me. This does not bother me in the least..I was some what P/O'd when Harris led Stoops and staff along and then chose the Tide..This shows you Alabama can get any kid at any position they want, when they want them..sorta like us in BB..
I keep hearing people make the basketball reference but UK basketball is not even on Bama's level in relation to the two sports. Nick Saban gets any kid he wants...period. The only ones he loses out on are the kids who want to stay home and play for their home program and even those most of the time still go to Bama. Nick Saban can walk into the door of any committed recruit and 90% of them would flip in a second. Cal has K, Izzo, Self and a few others that beat him many times in recruiting battles. Saban has nobody even close to his status in the college football game.

And ohh yeah....he wins 4 titles in 7 years. There's that too.

The thing is, Mac isn't some 12 year old kid. He's on the cusp of being a legal adult. He's old enough to know right from wrong. And it is beyond obvious that the way he treated this program, the coaches and the fans was extremely wrong. He doesn't deserve one tiny little bit of respect from our fans because he sure as hell didn't show us any. He deserves to be ridiculed for the lying dirtbag he has proven himself to be through his own actions. If he wanted respect, then he should have kept his word. By running around all spring talking about how he was 100% committed to UK, that he was "married" to coach Stoops, that he was going to shut down his recruitment and all this garbage....to turn around and do what he did shows just to what degree he's lacking in character. I could forgive him for choosing Bama over UK. I could forgive him for flipping from UK to Bama. But I can't forgive him for his over the top level of dishonesty. Mac Jones spit into each and every one of our faces by doing things the way he did. So screw him. I hope he never gets so much as a meaningful snap his entire time at Alabama, much less sniff the NFL. It would be karma.

for the love of god...he's a 17 year old kid...this is exactly what i'm talking about...

a verbal commitment isn't a blood oath...neither is an official signed LOI...

what is the world coming to when thousands and tens of thousands of people are expecting a kid who hasn't been to senior prom yet to keep his word...when grown ups...real grown ups not "legal adults" but people with real jobs, families, etc are putting down a young man for doing what he feels is best...for looking out for himself...

there are a lot of folks on here talking the talk about keeping one's word and loyalty and blah blah blah...who undoubtedly have broken promises, changed their minds, taken better opportunities, and dumped the girl who loved them first when they were nothing for a hotter version once they started to develop, have some success, make a little money...

of course he was more than excited to rep UK when we were really the only SEC school taking him seriously...

keep his word...good lord...I don't know what fairy tale world you're living in but where I'm from people change their mind...

lovers who are "inseparable", who tell each other that there is no one else...end up with other people...

employees who tell their boss they love the job and wouldn't want to work anywhere else are out the door the second a better offer somewhere else comes along...

coaches who tell kids they're all in with them and want them...recruit over them...and some pull scholarships to make room for somebody else...

how would you like somebody talking to your kid like a dog just because he or she changed their mind?

No one on here would have a word to say if Cal pulled some kid's scholarship for a better prospect...or stopped recruiting some one because somebody even better popped up on the radar...

I'm not saying he couldn't change his mind. I'm pretty sure it's a free country so he can do what he wants. But just last month he proclaimed he was married to Mark Stoops and claimed he was all in on UK. You play games with people like that and you will get trashed and rightfully so.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I keep hearing people make the basketball reference but UK basketball is not even on Bama's level in relation to the two sports. Nick Saban gets any kid he wants...period. The only ones he loses out on are the kids who want to stay home and play for their home program and even those most of the time still go to Bama. Nick Saban can walk into the door of any committed recruit and 90% of them would flip in a second. Cal has K, Izzo, Self and a few others that beat him many times in recruiting battles. Saban has nobody even close to his status in the college football game.

And ohh yeah....he wins 4 titles in 7 years. There's that too.
Urban Meyer is pretty good, no? And Les Miles, despite being a total idiot, has been a thorn in our side for multiple players every year.

Good luck to the kid. bama can make or break you. So can Kiffen....if he is still there.

This kinda thing will keep happening. Until we win. Gotta find a way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT