ADVERTISEMENT

Jones flips to Bama

katz, I agree with you to some extent, however, even at 17 your word should mean something. If your not sure, then don't commit until you are. I doubt Stoops told him he had to commit to UK, or we were not going to offer him a scholarship.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

I get what you're saying but at the end of the day it's about their future. Mac Jones probably at the time really thought UK was his best option and now he's improved and there's better choices that weren't there when UK was around first. As options and information change people should be allowed to change their mind.

The hate for this kid from the same people who were gushing over him a month ago are guilty of the same thing Jones is. There's only 2 ways to change this. Either quit paying attention to verbal recruits or get rid of them all together.

The only good thing about this is he didn't wait until January or February to do it. No one would begrudge him for choosing Alabama over us at all. It's the way it happened that makes him look bad. If you're not sure about the school you want to attend then simply don't make a commitment. Take your visits and then make a choice when you're sure and don't lead a school like UK on. He's proven that his word is worthless and he's loyal to no one. Not a good look at all.

I don't have a single problem with a person giving a commitment and then changing that commitment. It happens in football and it happens with coaches and players. However, where I have an issue is the fact that he was seemingly always reaffirming his commitment and saying how he was shutting down his recruiting and that he was 100 percent and all of that. It is the additional comments from him that bug me. These comments even came after he was getting offers and attention from the big time schools, so he had no reason to say them.

It begs the question... why now? What has recently happened to make him change his mind? If this came after an Alabama visit then I would understand, but this is some weird timing to me...?

I hear you, this thing smells a bit rotten to me. I have a strong feeling that there's more to this story than what we know, and what we may ever know.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
It's Bama, no need to conjure up explanations as to why he switched. Once you see the waterfalls, the trophies, the rings Saban lays out in front of you, the ride in the Benz, the NFL pitch etc...it's hard for a 17 year old to resist having the opportunity to fulfill a dream. Gotta move on.

We must win some games we aren't supposed to starting THIS SEASON to improve our recruiting pitch!!

The time is NOW to give these kids a reason to WANT to stick to their commitment to the #BBN!!

Reactions: NCukcat62
It's Bama, no need to conjure up explanations as to why he switched. Once you see the waterfalls, the trophies, the rings Saban lays out in front of you, the ride in the Benz, the NFL pitch etc...it's hard for a 17 year old to resist having the opportunity to fulfill a dream. Gotta move on.

It's easy to say "Gotta move on" but reality is this program needs something good to happen and losing the guy who has a lot of people excited about the future is not a good sign. After the last two seasons of collapsing at the end we only have recruits to be excited about.

Just seems weird to me. I know it is Alabama, but he got an offer from Alabama in April and he has already been on a visit there. Had he changed his mind right when those things happened I would just chalk it up as Bama being Bama. I could just be over-thinking it.

Good for him. Some of you are bat shit crazy. That's like picking Alabama over Kentucky for basketball. Or Picking The Kings over Golden State in the NBA.

We are NOT a good football program. And until we get a coach here that can win some dam games we never will be. I hope Stoops is that man or at least gets us back to Brooks status.

Reactions: NCukcat62
It's easy to say "Gotta move on" but reality is this program needs something good to happen and losing the guy who has a lot of people excited about the future is not a good sign. After the last two seasons of collapsing at the end we only have recruits to be excited about.
Why get excited about someone at this stage in the game? I'd rather be excited about the wildcats that chose to be wildcats and are busting their butts to elevate the program, doesn't happen overnight but to be honest, no one has any idea how Jones will turn out under that system ala Coker.

Why get excited about someone at this stage in the game? I'd rather be excited about the wildcats that chose to be wildcats and are busting their butts to elevate the program, doesn't happen overnight but to be honest, no one has any idea how Jones will turn out under that system ala Coker.

I try to get excited about winning but the guys who are signing with us aren't doing that so I have to get excited about one of the best QB prospects to commit to us in a long time.

I hear you, this thing smells a bit rotten to me. I have a strong feeling that there's more to this story than what we know, and what we may ever know.

:joy: Come on, man. The kid 2nd guessed his decision and realized that going to Alabama is a once in a lifetime opportunity. There is nothing rotten, its Bama football vs UK football. Pretty simple.

I sure hope that many of you had the same reaction of cheating and hate towards Terrance Jones and Cal as you do Mac Jones and Bama. What TJ did was INFINITELY worse than what Mac did. Stop being hypocrites.

Been a rough last few months. We lose out on Bolden, women's team gets decimated, baseball team fizzles, and now this.

Eff him...he is dead to us now...let him go sit the bench..if not 1000% BBN I don't want them. Now stoops and Vince can go find someone who wants to be here.

:joy: Come on, man. The kid 2nd guessed his decision and realized that going to Alabama is a once in a lifetime opportunity. There is nothing rotten, its Bama football vs UK football. Pretty simple.

I sure hope that many of you had the same reaction of cheating and hate towards Terrance Jones and Cal as you do Mac Jones and Bama. What TJ did was INFINITELY worse than what Mac did. Stop being hypocrites.
Go back to wherever you came from an let people vent. Who gives a ish about Terrance jones or Cal right now.

I'm pretty sure UK recruited Terrence Jones all along and didn't slide in and steal a committed recruit. Word was he had called Calipari and told him he was coming before the press conference. And then afterwards he realized he screwed up and changed his mind the next day. The only thing these two situations have in common is they both involved a recruit named Jones. Nice try there bud.

Reactions: UK till Death
Never thought he would get here and looking forward to who we recruit to take his place. Just another finger pulled out of the water that didn't leave a hole.

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky...bout-choices-after-4-star-qb-flips-to-alabama

i also wanted to add this

Following the news, Kentucky’s co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Darin Hinshaw tweeted out a quote attributed to James E. Faust.

“In this life, we have to make many choices,” the message read. “Some are very important choices. Some are not. Many of our choices are between good and evil. The choices we make, however, determine to a large extent our happiness or our unhappiness, because we have to live with the consequences of our choices.”

UPDATE: Jones tweeted out a since-deleted post soon after Hinshaw’s tweet began drawing a lot of attention on social media.

MacJones_ljjeew.png

Didn't Kengera visit Bama? How did he resist?

Based on the above tweet and Mac's decommitment tweet, it appears he really doesn't know the definition of "respect."
Yes. And we don't know all the behind the scenes conversations those guys had together...was Jones upfront, was Hinshaw straight lied to? Does Hinshaw truly believe Bama is a bad choice for Mac?

Hinshaw is a smart guy, I'll trust his judgement.

I get what you're saying but at the end of the day it's about their future. Mac Jones probably at the time really thought UK was his best option and now he's improved and there's better choices that weren't there when UK was around first. As options and information change people should be allowed to change their mind.

The hate for this kid from the same people who were gushing over him a month ago are guilty of the same thing Jones is. There's only 2 ways to change this. Either quit paying attention to verbal recruits or get rid of them all together.

This. Anyone with a brain cell was waiting on this shoe to drop. The problem was his constant reassurance that he wasnt going anywhere......then he does.

I dont blame the staff for being pissed. But its dumb to subtweet the kid. Im guessing hes truly shut it down now, and out of the blue. Thats probably what drew the reaction, but still....some things you just dont put in writing; especially not on social media.

This. Anyone with a brain cell was waiting on this shoe to drop. The problem was his constant reassurance that he wasnt going anywhere......then he does.

I dont blame the staff for being pissed. But its dumb to subtweet the kid. Im guessing hes truly shut it down now, and out of the blue. Thats probably what drew the reaction, but still....some things you just dont put in writing; especially not on social media.
Mac can EABOD's

In other news, how about that Hoak, didn't he look very good in the spring game? He shouldn't have to worry about playing this year, he should grow a lot in the next year being able to concentrate on improving his body and getting used to the speed of the game at the highest level.

Pretty sure Jones's family doesn't need the money...but it does suck that the UK administration was once again asleep at the wheel on this coa thing

Definitely falling asleep at the wheel again, no one wants to talk about it but that is a huge disadvantage to our coaches, and not just the money in the players pocket, but the lack of commitment by UK. Other schools are already giving their athletes more than we are, this was a chance to even the playing field a little legally, instead we fall even farther behind AND once again show we aren't as committed to football as other programs.

I agree with you that Jones probably doesn't need the money, but I would guess MOST commits could use a couple thousand more every year. Maybe it was a big factor in him not being able to talk some players he wanted into coming here, and maybe it has been a factor in us losing some players. It shows UK is still dragging its feet, Bama IMMEDIATELY doubled their COA when it came out that it was about half of Auburns.

Pretty sure Jones's family doesn't need the money...but it does suck that the UK administration was once again asleep at the wheel on this coa thing

Definitely falling asleep at the wheel again, no one wants to talk about it but that is a huge disadvantage to our coaches, and not just the money in the players pocket, but the lack of commitment by UK. Other schools are already giving their athletes more than we are, this was a chance to even the playing field a little legally, instead we fall even farther behind AND once again show we aren't as committed to football as other programs.

I agree with you that Jones probably doesn't need the money, but I would guess MOST commits could use a couple thousand more every year. Maybe it was a big factor in him not being able to talk some players he wanted into coming here, and maybe it has been a factor in us losing some players. It shows UK is still dragging its feet, Bama IMMEDIATELY doubled their COA when it came out that it was about half of Auburns.

The contradictory posts on this board are amazing. Before yesterday many were labeling Jones as the second coming. Many were pointing to offers from Ole Miss, Bama, and aTm as a sign that he is a good QB worthy of playing at those schools, but chose UK instead.
Now those same people say he won't get off the bench at Bama. Which is it people? Is he good enough to play at Bama or not? If no why do we want him so bad then? We would end up with another Towles or Morgan Newton if his ranking doesn't match his ability.

Everyone is disappointed in his decision, but saying he won't play at Bama contradicts our belief that he was good enough to win championships at UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT