ADVERTISEMENT

John Wall…..Just how good was he?

It's amazing that Calipari has coached the top two point guards in the OAD Era (Rose and Wall), the top big man in the OAD Era (Davis), and possibly two of the top 5 shooting guards in the OAD Era (Monk or Murray) and only has one title to show for it.

Reactions: Gromcat
John Wall. He Good!

J-Wall-Hoosier-Dunk.gif

Still not sure I’ve seen another guard who could jump of either foot and dunk with either hand the way Wall could.

Reactions: Gromcat
He was really, really good. I also think Cal was actually doing at least a little coaching back then which helped all the players look better. I think he's given up doing any coaching at this point.

Most hyped recruit I ever remember. It was a lot of fun. His teammate Eric Bledsoe might be most underrated point guard we ever had. He was awesome too.
In Cal era I would take Fox over Wall. Much better 3 point shooter imo along with the quickness to get to the basket whenever he wanted. But Wall was great
Here is a statistical comparison ... fwiw:

SeasonPlayerMINSFG%3PT%FT%AssistsA/MinTOTO/MINA/TOSTST/TOPPGFGA/MIN
09-10Wall128846.12%32.46%
75.43%
16-17Fox106447.77%24.64%
73.93%​

Most hyped recruit I ever remember. It was a lot of fun. His teammate Eric Bledsoe might be most underrated point guard we ever had. He was awesome too.
In Cal era I would take Fox over Wall. Much better 3 point shooter imo along with the quickness to get to the basket whenever he wanted. But Wall was great
I am glad that someone remembers Eric Bledsoe.

That highlight against IU and his dunk against UNC are the first things I think of when I think of John Wall and Kentucky
It is extremely painful watching this when considering where we are now. For those who defend the nonsense that is happening now, they need to spend a lot of time watching more clips like this.

Reactions: kats23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT