ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Hart to Ball St

We're doomed :/
We're doomed? I know a lot of folks here loved Hart, but a little perspective; If Hart wanted to play in Indiana, the Hoosiers are begging for players, Indiana State is super popular right now and needs players, Butler needs players. Ball State is like the sixth best team in the state. Yeah, it sucks he left. But his skill level is easily replaced.

Good for him. Hopefully he can really show what he can do.

In his limited minutes here he looked like a walk on type player. To be fair to him, that could’ve been just as much him mentally being checked out due to not having any role as it was him not having ability.

Personally I like starting new and with a completely clean slate.

Reactions: shaudyshaud

In his limited minutes here he looked like a walk on type player. To be fair to him, that could’ve been just as much him mentally being checked out due to not having any role as it was him not having ability.

so you do not want Reed back

• Wow
Reactions: vernoncoy
Best of luck to him .

If he viewed UK as a good fit I wonder why he didn’t return? Was it his decision or was it Pope decision ?
I think it was his games overall skill level that was the decision maker. When you transfer from a school like UK and end up at a Ball State type school, it is very telling. It is not like HE wanted to go from a high profile / big stage, competitive environment to a lot lesser level of competition. I think after he gave the big time a shot, he soon realized where his game is suitable at.
Good luck to Joey Hart in the future, he just wasn't UK material. And that is OK, you wont ever know if you are to afraid to try. I commend him for having the courage to take a chance on himself / game, not every kid gets that opportunity. I am sure he will cherish his time at UK.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
We're doomed? I know a lot of folks here loved Hart, but a little perspective; If Hart wanted to play in Indiana, the Hoosiers are begging for players, Indiana State is super popular right now and needs players, Butler needs players. Ball State is like the sixth best team in the state. Yeah, it sucks he left. But his skill level is easily replaced.
Nothing wrong with wanting to be the big fish in a smaller pond.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Best of luck, young man.

He is at the correct level if he wants to play major minutes. No harm in wanting to play.

lol. This has to mean pope didn’t want him right?

Like, there’s no way he couldn’t have competed for playing time with the players pope is looking to bring in. I mean it’s his decision but I’d like to know the reasoning behind it

Maybe this will be better under Pope.....but I often scratch my heads about why kids like Hart come to UK to begin with. This was always goign to be a build yourself up in years 2-4 years. But it's a waste of time with Hart to be honest.

To me if you’re a walk on you play harder. Try to show you deserve more minutes. But that wa under Cal so he may have felt browbeaten back to the bench. I mean what he played maybe 10 minutes all year?

I get it. Just don’t know why he’d wouldn’t try it under Pope. Seems like a scheme and philosophy he’d thrive in.

Maybe this will be better under Pope.....but I often scratch my heads about why kids like Hart come to UK to begin with. This was always goign to be a build yourself up in years 2-4 years. But it's a waste of time with Hart to be honest.
It is tough with the portal now. Even the guys with no plausible path to the NBA or a kings ransome in NIL will be at least looking for PT, shots, or just another coach.

lol. This has to mean pope didn’t want him right?

Like, there’s no way he couldn’t have competed for playing time with the players pope is looking to bring in. I mean it’s his decision but I’d like to know the reasoning behind it
Maybe an Allen type situation. Who knows.

Reactions: Jakerz
I think Ball St. is a good landing spot for him. Did he sit enough this year to qualify for a Redshirt? He's at a place now where he can get lots of PT, develop and make a name for himself then possibly transfer back up to a higher level.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be the big fish in a smaller pond.
Depends on what you want. If he wants to go to the next level, then that mentality doesn’t allow for growth. If he just wants to get PT and have fun playing CBB without pressure and developing too much it’s perfectly fine.

I think Ball St. is a good landing spot for him. Did he sit enough this year to qualify for a Redshirt? He's at a place now where he can get lots of PT, develop and make a name for himself then possibly transfer back up to a higher level.
I can def see the possibility of him transferring back up somewhere before he's done. I wish the kid well.

Reactions: The Snoke
Absolutely not. I'd want a ton of run too. I'm just saying, we aren't "doomed" because we lost Hart level talent.
Off the subject, but I had 4 Jarheads on one of the crews I supervised. They were great workers because they understood delegated authority.
I only checked up on them if they needed something.

Depends on what you want. If he wants to go to the next level, then that mentality doesn’t allow for growth. If he just wants to get PT and have fun playing CBB without pressure and developing too much it’s perfectly fine.
Why wpuld a big fish with talent want to play at Ball State.?Think about the perspective.

Off the subject, but I had 4 Jarheads on one of the crews I supervised. They were great workers because they understood delegated authority.
I only checked up on them if they needed something.
Yeah, Marines can live up to a lot of stereotypes, good and bad. But, in general, we understand the team concept and the reasoning behind chain of command. But I've found that to be true with Vets (that took their time seriously) from all the branches. There's a lot of value in a military mentality when it comes to being an reliable employee. Glad you got some good ones!

Yeah, Marines can live up to a lot of stereotypes, good and bad. But, in general, we understand the team concept and the reasoning behind chain of command. But I've found that to be true with Vets (that took their time seriously) from all the branches. There's a lot of value in a military mentality when it comes to being an reliable employee. Glad you got some good ones!
I have people that complain how ill mannered some kids are and I tell them that they're expecting that kid to react in a way they've never been taught.

According to Matt jones theiro will be easy to replace he might be right he might be wrong

Good fit for him. Word was he'd rather been at UK but wanted to actually play a lot. Good level for him.

You never know, could make his way back. That is how CBB is set up now. Honestly, if you are a fringe P5 CBB player you are better off going to a mid major and working your way up.

According to Matt jones theiro will be easy to replace he might be right he might be wrong
Sorry, but Thiero's energy will not be easily replaced. Sure, you can replace his stats, but you need guys like Thiero on the roster. Kind of a ridiculous statement by Matt, IMO.

His entry into a game killed one year of eligibility. Bball not like football

How in the hell does anyone on here know what his skill set is other than what he did in HS or AAU ball? We never got a chance to see him play..what did he play 10 mins the entire season..that is BS..hell I would have left before Cal left..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT