ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Rogan podcast w/ Bob Lazar

Usually the simplest explanation is the correct one.

I'm not sure what the simplest explanation is here. I do not believe his story at all. But it also does not appear like he's a fraudulent huckster trying to make a buck (like a psychic or another flavor of con man), nor does he appear to be a paranoid schizophrenic.

Maybe he did have some sort of government propulsion job in the 80s, lost it, got high and made some stuff up to his buddies, and now he has to occasionally vindicate himself in public to save face.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Anyone notice how there are no longer a bunch of UFO and alien sightings? It’s because the first question would be “let’s see the pictures from the camera that every single person above the age of 12 carries with them 24 hours a day.”

Before cell phones were a necessity, it was easy to make up some bullshit because there wasn’t a feasible way to be called upon for proof.

It’s kind of the reverse of white cops beating up black people. They’ve always done it, but the beatings are out there for all to see now due to body cams and bystanders with cameras.

National weather service in Kansas tweeted out pics last week of UFOs stating they had no idea what they were

The more this sits with me the more I think it's bullshit. When has Rogan had a super smart person on that didn't start to incoherently ramble? Think Eric Weinstein explaining gauge theory ...this guy never did anything close, just vague science fiction analogies. Also he explained how he went out there randomly for a couple of days. How are you going to make progress on the hardest puzzle known to mankind as a weekend warrior?

Reactions: Hankshaker
Gotcha - thanks.

Listened to the first 20 minutes or so this morning on the way to work.
A lot of people, people around Kentucky especially, get so worked up about what other religions call “god”. It’s of my opinion that if we are ever in the presence of the highest power the word “god” would seem worthless.

I think the stuff she said is 1000% fact. Makes a lot of sense.

Eh. I find that explanation far more implausible than an actual alien spacecraft crashing in Roswell.

To be clear, here is my understanding of her explanation of the Roswell crash: shortly after World War II, Stalin recognized the U.S. technological superiority and decided to ramp up propaganda against the U.S. As part of that effort he sanctioned a program to fake an alien space crash on U.S. soil near the U.S. nuclear testing grounds.

To do that, the Russians surgically modified mentally retarded people (presumably children or midgets) to look like little green/grey men, put them on a mock UFO, and released it from a Russian bomber that eluded U.S. radar to crash land in a small hicktown in order to make the U.S. population scared of an alien invasion.

If Stalin could do that once, why in the hell would he only do it once?

I think the stuff she said is 1000% fact. Makes a lot of sense.

Is it a Rogan podcast? Guess I’ll have to listen. Just don’t see what incentive Lazar has to lie. But if he was lying, it wouldn’t be completely shocking either.

Before I bothered to sink two hours I read about him. His credibility is nil. No thanks.

Eh. I find that explanation far more implausible than an actual alien spacecraft crashing in Roswell.

To be clear, here is my understanding of her explanation of the Roswell crash: shortly after World War II, Stalin recognized the U.S. technological superiority and decided to ramp up propaganda against the U.S. As part of that effort he sanctioned a program to fake an alien space crash on U.S. soil near the U.S. nuclear testing grounds.

To do that, the Russians surgically modified mentally retarded people (presumably children or midgets) to look like little green/grey men, put them on a mock UFO, and released it from a Russian bomber that eluded U.S. radar to crash land in a small hicktown in order to make the U.S. population scared of an alien invasion.

If Stalin could do that once, why in the hell would he only do it once?

Obviously I can’t prove either theory right or wrong. But if I have to choose what story is most likely BS, I’d have to say the one you have listed.

I think he's lying. Passing a polygraph wouldn't be that difficult for a sociopathic liar or a nutjob that truly believes his own lies.

The government didn't erase his early year academics and they were nowhere near good enough to get into MIT or even some mid-level tech schools.

Working for Los Alamos doesn't prove much. They have maintenance guys and electricians on staff.

The "why" of the lie is the only interesting part.

Maybe he genuinely saw something he wasn't supposed to see and lied to make himself seem more credible and is now trapped in that lie.

It's not uncommon for people close to an event, but not really involved to lie about how involved they were. It's just easier to catch them now than back in the 80's.

I think Lazar is just a guy who heard a rumor of stuff happening and that combined with his jealousy of not being as intelligent/involved as the high level scientists, and a run-of-the-mill conspiracy theorist personality that connects non-existent dots produced this controversial figure that many want to believe because it's more interesting than their own lives.

I think he's lying. Passing a polygraph wouldn't be that difficult for a sociopathic liar or a nutjob that truly believes his own lies.

The government didn't erase his early year academics and they were nowhere near good enough to get into MIT or even some mid-level tech schools.

Working for Los Alamos doesn't prove much. They have maintenance guys and electricians on staff.

Maybe he genuinely saw something he wasn't supposed to see and lied to make himself seem more credible and is now trapped in that lie.

It's not uncommon for people close to an event, but not really involved to lie about how involved they were. It's just easier to catch them now than back in the 80's.

I think Lazar is just a guy who heard a rumor of stuff happening and that combined with his jealousy of not being as intelligent/involved as the high level scientists, and a run-of-the-mill conspiracy theorist personality that connects non-existent dots produced this controversial figure that many want to believe because it's more interesting than their own lives.

That very well might be Occam's razor. If he is lying, he is pretty damn good at it. I'll give him that.

Reactions: ky8335

Im not advocating that he is telling the truth. But the government could do whatever they wanted in the 80s and 90s. It was MUCH easier to get away with stuff back then. And they didn’t have to hack MIT, if that is what your comment was implying. They could send a couple agents over there and demand it all be erased. I would guess that MIT would make whatever request they wanted.

Again, not saying he’s telling the truth or lying. I just don’t think that argument about the government not being able to influence MIT holds up. Or, at the very least, it isn’t as certain as you’re making it seem.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Just a random musing on Jacobsen's Roswell explanation: if the Ruskies *did* manage to fake a space crash on United States soil and we didn't turn around and do something worse to them, that's an American shame. What's the point of mutually assured destruction if you can't screw with your sworn enemy?

My favorite (almost certainly fake) story about screwing with the Russians was the CIA (or whatever acronym) getting a bunch of enormous condoms made, printing the labels entirely in English as if standard issue for American G.I.s and then leaving them for the Ruskies to find "accidentally".

Those horse-sized magnums were labelled "medium."

Have fun thrilling the ladies after the Americans have been in town, Ivan.

Reactions: Mashburned
Just a random musing on Jacobsen's Roswell explanation: if the Ruskies *did* manage to fake a space crash on United States soil

This story is pure nonsense and can be dismissed completely.

Russian aviation had nothing that could fly high enough or fast enough or far enough to penetrate US airspace...even after Roswell they (Tupolev by order of Stalin) were still trying to reverse engineer the B-29 Superfortress.

Im not advocating that he is telling the truth. But the government could do whatever they wanted in the 80s and 90s. It was MUCH easier to get away with stuff back then. And they didn’t have to hack MIT, if that is what your comment was implying. They could send a couple agents over there and demand it all be erased. I would guess that MIT would make whatever request they wanted.

Again, not saying he’s telling the truth or lying. I just don’t think that argument about the government not being able to influence MIT holds up. Or, at the very least, it isn’t as certain as you’re making it seem.

I wasn't implying hacking, quite the opposite. The government isn't getting ahold of every professor's class roster that was printed and filed away in some attic. Lazor hasn't produced any credible graded papers or exams, that should be pretty easy since it would be easy to corroborate with students who took the same class.

And if Lazor earned these degrees without having to do groupwork with random assholes in his class then he's the luckiest guy on earth.

The government influences colleges on a daily basis through regulation and funding, not black-ops wet work.

We couldn't nab bin-Laden without crashing a top secret helicopter because no one thought that maybe the walls around the yard would interfere with airflow.

We can send probes and rovers to Mars but not without first crashing one because two teams assumed different measurement standards (feet vs meters) and no one bothered to check.

The Watergate break-in was a monumental f-up from the get go. I doubt those losers could sneak in for a free continental breakfast.

The only reason to accept the premise that the government could erase a students existence at two schools - all documents, photos, & memories is because you need that to be true in order to accept the rest of his story.

The only reason to accept the premise that the government could erase a students existence at two schools - all documents, photos, & memories is because you need that to be true in order to accept the rest of his story.

Not really because he could have embellished his resume to get the job at Los Alamos but still not be lying about the UFO stuff. Is there a person alive that hasn't lied or stretched the truth about something in their lives?

The recent public statement by Luis Elizondo that the government has recovered wreckage of UFOs tends to give a little more credence to the plausibility of Lazar's story and if there's nothing to it why has the government tried to muzzle him for the last 30 years?

For now I have to file the entire Lazar thing under - "yet to be determined".

Reactions: mailman85
3488uo.jpg

Not really because he could have embellished his resume to get the job at Los Alamos but still not be lying about the UFO stuff. Is there a person alive that hasn't lied or stretched the truth about something in their lives?

The recent public statement by Luis Elizondo that the government has recovered wreckage of UFOs tends to give a little more credence to the plausibility of Lazar's story and if there's nothing to it why has the government tried to muzzle him for the last 30 years?

For now I have to file the entire Lazar thing under - "yet to be determined".

I've never stretched my resume to the point of obtaining a job that requires top secret clearance and I don't think he did either, those background checks are more than a phone call and peeing into a cup.

There's plenty of ufo debris. It's unidentified wreckage and the government has a vested interest in determining the origin.

I don't think the government has been trying to muzzle Lazar. He just went on one of the highest listened to podcasts. If they wanted to muzzle him they would. Prison for treason, or a car "accident".

I became more convinced he had some credibility when they discussed that several things he said in the 80s were eventually proven true, for eg element 151.

I think there is some truth, some intentional disinformation (fed to him by the government), and some lie.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
I dont know the whole backstory...but are we just lucky that we got the ufo as opposed to them contacting another part of the world?

And that's the more likely theory..he didnt see an alien ship. He saw a a Russian ship made for propoganda and he was to see if he could reverse engineer it bc they wanted us to believe they had technology we dont.

That's not to say Lazar isnt smart and he may have even realized things of how a alien craft would have worked if it was real.

It’s easy to dismiss people like Lazaar but when you start researching similar stories you start matching things together.

Don’t trust your government too much, people.

A lot of people, people around Kentucky especially, get so worked up about what other religions call “god”. It’s of my opinion that if we are ever in the presence of the highest power the word “god” would seem worthless.

After being a Christian for 24 years, then an atheist for 12 more I experienced that presence--or Truth if you will. It took me going through Dante's Inferno to see, but here I AM. Everyone will experience it sooner or later too...this I know.

After being a Christian for 24 years, then an atheist for 12 more I experienced that presence--or Truth if you will. It took me going through Dante's Inferno to see, but here I AM. Everyone will experience it sooner or later too...this I know.

I experienced it once as a kid. Once it happens to you it changes your views about so many things. A friend of mine, she experiences them quite a bit. Unless you knew her, the stuff that happens to her would be discarded as lunacy. You don't understand chosen, until you meet some one who has been.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
I experienced it once as a kid. Once it happens to you it changes your views about so many things. A friend of mine, she experiences them quite a bit. Unless you knew her, the stuff that happens to her would be discarded as lunacy. You don't understand chosen, until you meet some one who has been.

Absolutely! I keep most things to myself, but I'm also not fearful of what ignorant people have to say. The me from 5 years ago would have thought the things I talk about today are complete BS haha...so I feel her pain. Take care brother

Aliens exist. Don’t understand how it’s still a conspiracy or whatever. The universe is more vast than any of us can comprehend and we’re supposed to think we’re the only species of intelligent life occupying aaalllllllllll that space? The odds are astronomically small.

Not at all. The fact that there isn’t so much as a trace of life anywhere points to the fact that we’re probably the only ones, and the Bible states clearly that God created humans on earth and never said anywhere else.

I believe UFO’s or aliens are merely demonic deception. The crafts are actually recorded in the Bible and God discusses how we’re in his image. Angels do not have wings, neither do demons. Spiritual warfare is the most likely thing going on. And they would absolutely use craft to fly.

I know, we came from bananas, bananas from dust, dust from nothing at all. Makes prefect sense, lol.

But that’s my belief and there is plenty of evidence to suggest it. I think God made it pretty simple, nothing produces nothing. And humans can’t even get that right.

Prayin for ya Jason.

Not at all. The fact that there isn’t so much as a trace of life anywhere points to the fact that we’re probably the only ones, and the Bible states clearly that God created humans on earth and never said anywhere else.

I believe UFO’s or aliens are merely demonic deception. The crafts are actually recorded in the Bible and God discusses how we’re in his image. Angels do not have wings, neither do demons. Spiritual warfare is the most likely thing going on. And they would absolutely use craft to fly.

I know, we came from bananas, bananas from dust, dust from nothing at all. Makes prefect sense, lol.

But that’s my belief and there is plenty of evidence to suggest it. I think God made it pretty simple, nothing produces nothing. And humans can’t even get that right.

Prayin for ya Jason.
I’m sorry you let a 2000 year old book dictate your life and how your view the world in 2019

Reactions: mailman85
Who is Annie Jacobson?
A well respected journalist. Who I believe has won a Pulitzer prize or atleast been nominated for one. She has written several books on conspiracy theories, area 51 and the overall activities of the CIA, military, and their missions...etc
Sounds like great credentials. No doubt. Just not sure how she gets access to secret program's accuracy to be able to dispute it.
Bitch be flashin' dem titties, that's how.

I’m sorry you let a 2000 year old book dictate your life and how your view the world in 2019

Praying for u too blue. Heck without that book my life would have been turmoil. And was until I accepted it.

I’d think it wise to leave door open.

Reactions: JumperJack
Some fancy philosophy feller once made the point to his atheist buddy, belief in God is like a wager. If you believe in God, and you die, but there is no God, it cost you nothing. But if you don't believe in God, and you die, and there IS a God, it costs you everything. Usually don't take to fancy philosophy fellers but for a Frenchie, he was purty smart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT