ADVERTISEMENT

JMI needs to be stopped.

How many bad contracts has Mitch hamstrung UK with recently? Cal, Mingione, Elzy, JMI, etc. I think the Stoops contract is stupid too because noone else was gonna lure him away and pay that kind of money. When is Mitch gonna be held accountable?

How many bad contracts has Mitch hamstrung UK with recently? Cal, Mingione, Elzy, JMI, etc. I think the Stoops contract is stupid too because noone else was gonna lure him away and pay that kind of money. When is Mitch gonna be held accountable?
Bad $215 million contract that has helped build numerous facilities says the KSR sheep who gives nothing to the program.

This issue has been beaten to death here and elsewhere, and Jones knows it is ripe for clicks. But all this means is that Jones couldn't get the guest he wanted today. There are two sides to everything, and I would not read anything into this without knowing what really happened.
The issue doesn't stop because it has been beaten to death already. It's an ongoing issue that we escaped from this year thanks to some donors who put up the money. But that isn't sustainable and JMI has us handcuffed to deal with it in the future.

But, you can continue to let your hate for a guy who is trying to help blind you from this major problem Kentucky faces.

Bad $215 million contract that has helped build numerous facilities says the KSR sheep who gives nothing to the program.
Is it true that he couldn’t go on because of JMI was the question. Do they have control of this or not? Just an example of one of their restrictions.

The issue doesn't stop because it has been beaten to death already. It's an ongoing issue that we escaped from this year thanks to some donors who put up the money. But that isn't sustainable and JMI has us handcuffed to deal with it in the future.

But, you can continue to let your hate for a guy who is trying to help blind you from this major problem Kentucky faces.
No Dan. You need to stop beating it to death or else.

• Haha
Reactions: DanCat17
We need to find a way to hit JMISports in the pocketbook that doesn't hurt UK Athletics too badly in the short term.

This is irresponsible of Jones in my opinion.

There are lots of companies that pay money that supports the athletics department. Some of those organization will even pay a sizable premium in order to be “the official partner” in exchange for some of exclusive rights. I’m sure Jones understands how that works.

I’m sure Jones also fully understands that if you undermine the rights of “official” or “exclusive” partners, then there is no reason for those partners to keep paying a premium to support UK.

It’s not that difficult to work cooperatively behind the scenes on something and delay for a few days in order to honor agreements which have been made and that support UK, rather than bitchcing about it on Twitter to stir up a crowd.

I’m sure there are things that can be smoothed out between UK/JMI and the newer players that have emerged, but I don’t think Jones is helping here at all. Frankly, he strikes me a bit as someone with an axe to grind.

People have talked about this like we’re suffering some sort of anti-UK oppression. This is a contract the school signed. After benefitting for a while, it seems to be more of a hindrance to us now. But crying on Twitter doesn’t make it go away.

People have talked about this like we’re suffering some sort of anti-UK oppression. This is a contract the school signed. After benefitting for a while, it seems to be more of a hindrance to us now. But crying on Twitter doesn’t make it go away.
So how do they co-exist without limiting NIL for the athletes?

Reactions: catburglar
My understanding is we’re stuck with them through the rest of the contract, which someone on here said is for quite a while. Circumstances have changed which makes the contract less beneficial to us, but that doesn’t mean JMI owes us ****. Jones has had beef with JMI since way before NIL, bitching that they won’t let him use the UK logos for free when they pay for them.

Hopefully, JMI will work with UK and Barnhart but I doubt the strategy will be to just yell at them until they let us out of an obligation for no reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECCountry75
Posters dramatically talk about JMI (“they must be stopped”) like they are invading Poland. It sucks but Leary gets to do KSBar after one interview with JMI. Like I said, it sucks and UK won’t renew those terms again, but he’ll do the collective second.

You may not know this, but Mitch Barnhart does not function in a vacuum. Barnhart serves under the direct supervision of the Board of Governors Committee on Athletics. Every contract he offers is approved by the Board committee, the General Counsel, and/or the President of the University. The wisdom of contracts is never clear until they have run. Stoops' contract has served UK very well, but you made it clear years ago that you don't like Stoops or Barnhart.

As far as Calipari's current contract is concerned, I won't disagree with you. Calipari has publicly declared that he has "bigger goals" than winning championships. Barnhart hired a basketball coach, not a player agent or a social worker. Therefore, the parties to that contract are apparently not in agreement about the coach's proper role and priorities. So that will have to be resolved. But I am satisfied that Calipari did not share this conflict with UK officials before he was hired. It seems that Calipari has had a change of heart about his proper role subsequent to the middle of the prior decade. I think I understand why, but it is just a guess.

Kyra Elzy is on the hot seat. I understand why she was hired. She was (is) well qualified. Apparently it isn't working. Again, Barnhart will have to resolve that.

LOL at this lie KSR sheep keep spewing. They’re multi media marketing company. They don’t give a damn about NIL. It’s has nothing to do with the way they make money or do business. Matt Jones is just mad because they don’t let him freeload.

In what way do they limit NIL? Specifically. BTW, you’re free to give to any of the collectives, JMI will not beat you up or whatever it is you think they do.

LOL at this lie KSR sheep keep spewing. They’re multi media marketing company. They don’t give a damn about NIL. It’s has nothing to do with the way they make money or do business. Matt Jones is just mad because they don’t let him freeload.

In what way do they limit NIL? Specifically. BTW, you’re free to give to any of the collectives, JMI will not beat you up or whatever it is you think they do.
Exactly.

There is a group on this board who viscerally don't like Barnhart, never have, never will despite his accomplishments, and salivate for something to get upset about. For some, this amounts to an obsession. The JMI/NIL matter is right in their wheel house, whether or not they fully understand what happened. So KSR uses it as click bait.

In this case, I agree with you.

This issue has been beaten to death here and elsewhere, and Jones knows it is ripe for clicks. But all this means is that Jones couldn't get the guest he wanted today. There are two sides to everything, and I would not read anything into this without knowing what really happened.

This is the most honesty he's yet displayed on the issue. No one is impacted but him because he's trying to get something for free that others paid for.

The kid will still get interviewed. Bbn will still get to know him. No one is effected except Jones.

That's been the entire driving force behind his jmi diatribe the entire time, as I warned all along. It just finally took an emotionally charged response to finally reveal itself.

This is the most honesty he's yet displayed on the issue. No one is impacted but him because he's trying to get something for free that others paid for.

The kid will still get interviewed. Bbn will still get to know him. No one is effected except Jones.

That's been the entire driving force behind his jmi diatribe the entire time, as I warned all along. It just finally took an emotionally charged response to finally reveal itself.
Exactly. Some people want the truth. Others just want to affirm what they already believe. Confirmation bias.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

He wants to pay Leary for an interview. JMI isn’t letting him. It’s simple really.

Reactions: satcheluk
You may not know this, but Mitch Barnhart does not function in a vacuum. Barnhart serves under the direct supervision of the Board of Governors Committee on Athletics. Every contract he offers is approved by the Board committee, the General Counsel, and/or the President of the University. The wisdom of contracts is never clear until they have run. Stoops' contract has served UK very well, but you made it clear years ago that you don't like Stoops or Barnhart.

As far as Calipari's current contract is concerned, I won't disagree with you. Calipari has publicly declared that he has "bigger goals" than winning championships. Barnhart hired a basketball coach, not a player agent or a social worker. Therefore, the parties to that contract are apparently not in agreement about the coach's proper role and priorities. So that will have to be resolved. But I am satisfied that Calipari did not share this conflict with UK officials before he was hired. It seems that Calipari has had a change of heart about his proper role subsequent to the middle of the prior decade. I think I understand why, but it is just a guess.

Kyra Elzy is on the hot seat. I understand why she was hired. She was (is) well qualified. Apparently it isn't working. Again, Barnhart will have to resolve that.
Stoops has earned his keep but the extension and raise was stupid. No other school was coming after him and if they did, nobody would pay what we are. It’s about supply and demand. My issue with Stoops several years ago is he was stinking up the joint. He is a defensive coach, who left receivers uncovered several times, special teams were always a mess and the offense was dreadful. I am not happy about this past season because many of the same issues I just mentioned happened all year. You simply can’t ignore 2/3 of the game and expect to win big at Kentucky. I’m happy with the moves he’s made this offseason and several good transfers. I thought next year was going to be a big rebuild but I’m hopeful now that we’ll finish 2-3 in the East.

As for Mitch, he has handcuffed UK basketball with an old, lazy washed up coach. He’s also hired BCG, Gary Henderson, Elzy, Joker, and Mingione. How many mulligans does he deserve?

I cannot believe some of you have allowed your disdain for MJ to cloud your judgment lol it’s obvious JMI is limiting certain things that other schools we compete with can and will do. Whether you think MJ is a terrible person is completely irrelevant
Obvious that they are limiting “certain things”. LOL, since it’s so obvious, what exactly are they limiting?

Stoops has earned his keep but the extension and raise was stupid. No other school was coming after him and if they did, nobody would pay what we are. It’s about supply and demand. My issue with Stoops several years ago is he was stinking up the joint. He is a defensive coach, who left receivers uncovered several times, special teams were always a mess and the offense was dreadful. I am not happy about this past season because many of the same issues I just mentioned happened all year. You simply can’t ignore 2/3 of the game and expect to win big at Kentucky. I’m happy with the moves he’s made this offseason and several good transfers. I thought next year was going to be a big rebuild but I’m hopeful now that we’ll finish 2-3 in the East.

As for Mitch, he has handcuffed UK basketball with an old, lazy washed up coach. He’s also hired BCG, Gary Henderson, Elzy, Joker, and Mingione. How many mulligans does he deserve?
Kirby Smart and Nick Saban have backgrounds as defensive coaches. What of it?

I would agree with you on this but this is not the STANDARD with all JMI contracts.

Other JMI schools and coaches are doing things like this so you gotta ask why is UK being targeted???

Reactions: catburglar
Allowing players and coaches to make appearances for the collective. Why you choose to be obtuse is beyond me
Why do you choose to lie is beyond me. What kind of person habitually makes up BS day after day. You saw the video with the coaches the NIL event and you still choose to lie. That’s how pathetic these KSR sheep are. Matt Jones had these goofs believing 71 was magical number in basketball, he can sell them anything.

I think it’s pretty clear they just limited Devin Leary to do the KSR event. Trump… Trump… Trump… am I right?
You just lied about them limiting Leary. Just because lying KSR frauds say it doesn’t mean it’s true. Pretend that you have common sense for a moment and aren’t a blind cult member. What control do you think JMI has over Devin Leary?

Allowing players and coaches to make appearances for the collective. Why you choose to be obtuse is beyond me
Allowing coaches to make appearances for the collective. Again with “the collective” as if there’s just one. Well here is Mark Stoops promoting the collective in an ad which KSR sheep lie and say he’s not allowed to do.

Last edited:
Allowing coaches to make appearances for the collective. Well here are a bunch of coaches making an appearance for the Charities for Kentucky collective at an NIL event. A real life approved by UK collective. Obtuse… OK, keep lying tho.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT