ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy dykes

Remember when he did this during one of OUR GAMES?
Image-from-iOS-scaled.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
He prepares and does his job, which is more than I can say for most of the color guys. He had all those hand written notes that he showed during the game last night that he compiled on a 6 hour layover at DFW airport. He's the best color guy in the business, imo.

He has always understood UK Basketball from his time at UK. A couple of years ago I remember him talking about UK fans in general, and he nailed it. He talked about the difference between the venerable, genteel Rupp Arena crowd, and the traveling UK fans that are spending their vacation time, and are ready to have a good time and party. Great observation, I thought.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Some here would bitch if a Cawood Ledford clone was calling UK games.
Actually, Doc, I NEVER heard any UK fan say a single negative thing about Cawood.

He was one of us. He understood BBN better than anyone that I know of. Even better than Rupp himself.

Please take Cawood's name outta your mouth before I come up there and ........jk. jk. I got carried away there for a minute.
😂

Reactions: docholiday51
As a Cat fan and a MMA fan I don’t get the reference .. what happened ?
Nobody knows. Dykes was just spewing WWE blurbs all over the place.
Smash, Boom, Pow. Cold steel. Feel the burn...
He was en fuego last night. No one could make it out.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Actually, Doc, I NEVER heard any UK fan say a single negative thing about Cawood.

He was one of us. He understood BBN better than anyone that I know of. Even better than Rupp himself.

Please take Cawood's name outta your mouth before I come up there and ........jk. jk. I got carried away there for a minute.
😂
In no way was I slighting Cawood ,met him on 2 or 3 occasions(had breakfast with him once) just a commentary on some posters here

Reactions: cathouse
In no way was I slighting Cawood ,met him on 2 or 3 occasions(had breakfast with him once) just a commentary on some posters here
Yeah, Doc. I knew you weren't throwing shade at Cawood.

I agree we have some fans TODAY that would find something about Cawood they would not like.

Reactions: docholiday51

😂
His retirement was another reason the dook loss hurt so much...it ended Cawood's career a yr. early. He'd pledged to Pel and the Kentucky boys on the team that if they made the final 4 he'd postpone his retirement for one more year...f'in laettner

His retirement was another reason the dook loss hurt so much...it ended Cawood's career a yr. early. He'd pledged to Pel and the Kentucky boys on the team that if they made the final 4 he'd postpone his retirement for one more year...f'in laettner
The end of an era, for sure.

Cawood spoke for all of BBN when he called a game or was doing an interview. He asked the questions that fans wanted to know the answers to.

Dykes is iaght. He can get a little repetitive in his Dykisms, but he adds new ones frequently enough. And he always shows Kentucky love. He's ok in my book.
Last night when he said Dillingham is guarding a fireplug, I spit my beer down my shirt.

Truthfully, I rarely pay attention to the announcers. When Field of 68 is on, I hate listening to guys like Hansbrough but during games I’m too busy to listen.

I met Jimmy at the 2012 championship game, he was a really nice guy. Chatted for a couple mins and got a pic with him. All class.

His catchphrases don't bother me at all, and I'd argue he's probably the most pro-UK out of the major announcers. Runner up being Tom Hart.

Weirdly enough, Vitale and Bilas seem to really like us too, as long as we're not playing Duke.

Didn't get any Jimmy's Jet references yesterday, guess it's still a little early but won't be long. Dykes has been doing SEC games so long that you have grown accustomed to hearing him do our games. Actually missed him on the broadcasts while he was the WBB coach at Arkansas and Farnham was the SEC guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT