ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Tipton strikes again

SmoothRunner32

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 29, 2009
Tipton is always trying to start something, he has been working BW game for awhile now and he should know that there are always empty seats for this game. I think there were more people at this year's game then years past.

He is a miserable person and an awful reporter. Adds nothing of value to anything.

Why would any UK fan follow him on ANY social media? Once all U.K. fans ignore his vindictive drivel, he will become irrelevant.

I am amazed that there is anyone out there that still reads the LHL.:scream:

Why would any UK fan follow him on ANY social media? Once all U.K. fans ignore his vindictive drivel, he will become irrelevant.

I am amazed that there is anyone out there that still reads the LHL.:scream:

I dont think anyone follows Tipton, Justin was most likely standing next to Tipton when he made this remark and posted it to his own twitter account...

I dont think anyone follows Tipton, Justin was most likely standing next to Tipton when he made this remark and posted it to his own twitter account...

No doubt this is what happened.

I just think Tipton says these negative things to draw attention to himself because it's the only way he can remain relevant.

He is a jackass with an anti-UK agenda and by now everyone knows it. So, IMHO, he should never be quoted or referred to in any way.

Blue/White Game never sells out and just isn't popular as Madness which is just one week before it. Think he would figure that out by now. I actually enjoy the BW Game more cuz you get to see the guys playing actual basketball for an extended time and get a feel for where they are now and what is possible for the year. Was there last night and the lower arena was pretty full and there were people sitting in the uppers as well. Not sure what Tipton was expecting but I'd say it was one of the larger crowds for a BW game I've seen in several years. Looked and sounded good to me anyway.

I thought they said during the game that it was the 2nd largest BW crowd??

For all the media folks that dropped to their knees for him when he badgered Cal about the FBI situation, this is exactly what we meant with our criticism.

Something can be "true" (empty seats), but the context in which it's framed is important, and he always skews negatively and in a purposely irritating and inflammatory way.

He's the "well, actually..." of human beings.

Tipton is correct. There were some empty seats at the game. There is also a large building on Midland Avenue that is empty. The Herald Misleader's continued decline is in part attributable to its astoundingly ignorant decision to pay a sports reporter that intentionally antagonizes the vast majority of people in its target market.

Tipton is correct. There were some empty seats at the game. There is also a large building on Midland Avenue that is empty. The Herald Misleader's continued decline is in part attributable to its astoundingly ignorant decision to pay a sports reporter that intentionally antagonizes the vast majority of people in its target market.

That would have been an awesome comeback..."lotta empty desks at the Herald-Leader, Jer."

Why do some on HERE still defend that piece of garbage...

not a POS...I actually have more respect for excrement, than to compare it tipton.

Reactions: KYNC89
Tipton sucks wind thru his ass

images

Wonder if Tipton realizes that Rupp seats more than Madison Square Garden and a Kentucky scrimmage will get people than a Knicks game? Guy is a F'ing joke, and like a toddler screaming for attention.

Well I'd bet there was more at Rupp last night than at the Dumb Center for Tipton's daddy Rick's UL's madness.

From the game notes:

Team Notes
• This is the 10th year the Blue-White Game has been played in Rupp Arena.
• Tonight's attendance of 15,530 was the second highest in program history for the Blue-White Game. Last year's crowd of 16,089 is the highest.

Jerry is the reason why I won't buy a Lexington Herald newspaper and I won't read their website. I don't have twitter and I don't know much about it but I had a friend tell me that he has a ton of people following him. That surprises me and I'm not sure why people would do that

He'll be an even bigger ass than usual this year after his attention seeking moment at Media Day.

Why do some on HERE still defend that piece of garbage...

not a POS...I actually have more respect for excrement, than to compare it tipton.
Agreed. Anyone who does defend him can't truly be a UK fan.
My entire family dropped the LHL. Partially because of Crazy Jerry. Partially because of their agenda. We don't miss it or him.

He’s an idiot. More people go now than ever. Back in the day it was at Memorial Colliseum because they could have never filled Rupp.

Reactions: KYNC89
From the game notes:

Team Notes
• This is the 10th year the Blue-White Game has been played in Rupp Arena.
• Tonight's attendance of 15,530 was the second highest in program history for the Blue-White Game. Last year's crowd of 16,089 is the highest.

So we

1) basically have the same attendance each year

2) a blue/white scrimmage draws more than most college teams do (probably some NBA teams), yet he makes a smart ass comment

Gotta love it

Reactions: uky8unc5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT