ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Springer has passed away, age 79

Doubt he’s resting in peace. Doesn’t that smutmaster have a fast track to hell?

Reactions: K_TIME

Source - Jerry Springer is afraid his talk show may have reserved him a spot in the fiery pit of hell [and] that his 28-season show might have ruined pop culture.

Springer, 78, made the comments while appearing on David Yontef’s “Behind the Velvet Rope” podcast.

When asked if he considers himself the “granddad of reality TV,” The British-American former host joked: “No, I just apologize. I’m so sorry. What have I done? I’ve ruined the culture.”

“I just hope hell isn’t that hot because I burn real easy. I’m very light-complected, and that kind of worries me.”

Haven’t watch that show since the 90’s but nonetheless, I hated to see he passed this morning. Not sure what family he has but my prayers go out to his friends and family.

When asked if he considers himself the “granddad of reality TV,” The British-American former host joked: “No, I just apologize. I’m so sorry. What have I done? I’ve ruined the culture.”

“I just hope hell isn’t that hot because I burn real easy. I’m very light-complected, and that kind of worries me.”
Do you not know with the word “joked” means? I pity you if you can’t see the glaringly obvious sarcasm and facetiousness in those comments.

Reactions: MbergCat and MWes11
His show was incredibly entertaining and trashy. Funny as hell looking back on it. Became a popular show for all those who would fake sickness from middle/high school and lay on the couch watching Jerry.

He once used a personal check at a whore house (#Legend), while on City Council. Despite the scandal, he became mayor in 1977 ran for the Democrat nomination for Governor in 1982, then quit politics to become the most popular news broadcaster in town.

He started the Jerry Springer Show in 1991 as a Phil Donahue or Oprah style talk show. His ratings were terrible, so he changed the format mid-1990’s and became a star.

Reactions: Blouman
Do you not know with the word “joked” means? I pity you if you can’t see the glaringly obvious sarcasm and facetiousness in those comments.
I'll ask you if you know what the word joked means? I believe that the poster you quoted was joking too.

His show was incredibly entertaining and trashy. Funny as hell looking back on it. Became a popular show for all those who would fake sickness from middle/high school and lay on the couch watching Jerry.

He once used a personal check at a whore house (#Legend), while on City Council. Despite the scandal, he became mayor in 1977 ran for the Democrat nomination for Governor in 1982, then quit politics to become the most popular news broadcaster in town.

He started the Jerry Springer Show in 1991 as a Phil Donahue or Oprah style talk show. His ratings were terrible, so he changed the format mid-1990’s and became a star.
Mwes,

Your post had me looking back at the news reports and my recollection was wrong that he was mayor when he paid the prostitute. It's wild that he was elected mayor 3 yrs after.

Reactions: Fox2monk and MWes11
Source - Jerry Springer is afraid his talk show may have reserved him a spot in the fiery pit of hell [and] that his 28-season show might have ruined pop culture.

Springer, 78, made the comments while appearing on David Yontef’s “Behind the Velvet Rope” podcast.

I'm not sure why they're getting his ethnicity so wrong. His family escaped to England from the Holocaust.

I think of him and his show like hard drugs. He hooked his audience by giving people someone to look down on.

Reactions: UKMKG
I'm not sure why they're getting his ethnicity so wrong. His family escaped to England from the Holocaust.
What are they supposedly getting wrong? It says he’s “British-American” and that’s entirely correct. Those are the two countries for which he has dual citizenship. There are no others.

The reason why his parents emigrated to England doesn’t change that fact.

Wonder if anyone got his final thought for the final time! I didn't care for Jerry's show really, but my little sick 13 year old mind loved that one Jerry show I refuse to wear clothes. Well, hell maybe I was a fan. Life's funny like that ya know. You can like a show without knowing it. Like in Titanic. I liked watching that young Bob Ross paint Kate Winslet. I never knew when the ship was going down though or when they was bringing the life boats out. All I know was when Bob cleans his brushes he beats the devil out of them. That's what I was doing too. I just didn't have much of a brush.

Met him in Mt Adams (Cincy) one time during his show's run. Was a pleasant guy to talk to. That said, his show was trash and did nothing to help the human race. However, if he did not do it someone else would have come along with the same idea.

Imagine looking back at your life on your death bed right before you’re about to meet your Maker and knowing you got rich by degrading your country with straight trash. That’s got to be a terrifying reality.

Reactions: JumperJack
Not many have escaped the traditional Paddock RIP thread tribute, but Jerry Springer managed to do so. Congrats Jerry, and burn in hell.

Imagine looking back at your life on your death bed right before you’re about to meet your Maker and knowing you got rich by degrading your country with straight trash. That’s got to be a terrifying reality.
I blame society if they couldn't figure out Springer's show was fake. It's why I laughed at the disbelief and slight outrage when Paris Hilton had her reality show. People wanted to call her dumb because she pretended like she'd never heard of Walmart before yet those insulting her couldn't figure out it was a scripted show. Reality shows are scripted entertainment with amplified emotional takes for the common masses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT