ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Wells contacts UK

I would never do that because I don't have the authority to do so.
Please learn to appreciate mild sarcasm.
Aw, you just got reverse wooshed. I was building on your sarcastic idea that the coaching staff is unaware of the current situation by suggesting sarcastically that we should notify them. I was agreeing with you.

No worries - any attempt at a joke has now been beaten to death.

Whole new coaching staffs and teams are built overnight, just ask a few of the fans that are “worried.”

They think this is still Cal’s ways of taking highly rated players whether they are a fit or not. They can’t comprehend recruiting players based on fitting a role.
Agree. Cal took any NBA prospect no matter what. Why? Because the more players he "put" in the NBA the better it makes him look. Its the Cal brand. The more money his former players make in the league, the more money it makes him. Cal figured this out long ago. It became his focus.

Better overall player than Reeves.
That would be fantastic - but I'd have to see it. Reeves was very good his first year and great his last. Some of the strengths and deficiencies attributed to Wells from what I read sounded very similar to Reeves. Reeves improved the areas he needed to from his quasi-junior to quasi-senior year more than any player I ever remember. I would be happy as heck if he's "just" as good as Reeves.

I mean, Kyle said "some NBA folks expect Wells to stay in the draft", which I certainly wouldn't call "confirmed", especially when the kid himself reached out to UK.
Is he on the draft boards?

Aw, you just got reverse wooshed. I was building on your sarcastic idea that the coaching staff is unaware of the current situation by suggesting sarcastically that we should notify them. I was agreeing with you.

No worries - any attempt at a joke has now been beaten to death.
I was just making sure.
No worries!

Reactions: Fox2monk and Jkwo
Also, a certain frosty-haired former pro recruiting analyst suggested on twitter that the very high positivity of the Wells situation was a factor in Brea cooling down on us.

Before anybody even starts: I don't care what you think about the guy. Take it or leave it, I'm just relaying gossip.
Well that makes no sense because we arent gettign Wells if he is going pro.

Another Maggard fail job

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Well that makes no sense because we arent gettign Wells if he is going pro.

Another Maggard fail job
Not sure what has been posted that isn't just usual PR spin. He can say that he's 100% committed to the league all he wants, but the proof will be in the pudding. Maybe he does, but he's a heck of a lot less sure sounding than Onyenso was, and that guy just retracted to the portal.

So, did Wells contact UK or not? I'm assuming he didn't because if he did, it wouldn't of gotten out.

Go Cats!

People 8!tching and moaning, and yet the staff, and the brand, keep putting in work.
I hear you brother. I love the fact that we have a coach who is attempting to promote the program instead of himself as a player first coach. I am sure some fans don't fully appreciate what he is doing, but they will once they finish their detox process. It is going to take a minute to fully remove the stench of CCC, but it will eventually happen. Cayden Boozer isn't the only young player who is aware of UK's pedigree. The coaching change doesn't appear to have turned him off the program. He is asking to hear from Kentucky and there is a good chance that if he comes so will his brother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT