ADVERTISEMENT

Jaxson Robinson

He is also in the "testing the NBA Draft" portal. IF he is to sign with UK, it will be down the line. Which is why Pope is saving at LEAST 2 roster spots for post NBA draft entry guys who decide to come back. He just put his name in the portal in case he decides to come back, the NBA is still first. If not, he would have removed his name already.

Reactions: vernoncoy
U7Qdp2a.gif

So is he NO LONGER considering the draft?

I know the info is “new” — but how is this different from a few days ago?

So is he NO LONGER considering the draft?

I know the info is “new” — but how is this different from a few days ago?
Yes he is. It is just he had until Wednesday to ENTER the portal. He can take as long as he needs to decide on which (college / draft) he wants to do, but he only until Wednesday to announce for the transfer portal. Which is why he did it today, to have a back up plan in case he pulls out of the draft. he has until May 31st I believe before he has to stay in the draft or go back to college.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Yes he is. It is just he had until Wednesday to ENTER the portal. He can take as long as he needs to decide on which (college / draft) he wants to do, but he only until Wednesday to announce for the transfer portal. Which is why he did it today, to have a back up plan in case he pulls out of the draft. he has until May 31st I believe before he has to stay in the draft or go back to college.
Thank you!

So in theory we may not know if he’s coming here til late May

Thank you!

So in theory we may not know if he’s coming here til late May
EXACTLY, which is why Pope is saving at least 2 spots for guys AFTER the NBA deadline. He said that very thing today on KSR. Said they would get to 10/11 guys, save a couple spots for post NBA deadline as several new guys would be available (Robinson I assume being one of them).

Robinson, who graduated Friday, announced this week that he plans to enter the NBA draft, and while the draft process -- including a potential invitation to the NBA draft combine -- is still his priority, entering his name into the portal before the May 1 deadline allows him to keep his options open.

Robinson, who graduated Friday, announced this week that he plans to enter the NBA draft, and while the draft process -- including a potential invitation to the NBA draft combine -- is still his priority, entering his name into the portal before the May 1 deadline allows him to keep his options open.
He actually had until May 12th to enter the portal because of the coaching change. I see him picking UK and coming back to school before long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT