ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper johnson nears commitment after peach jam

The only 2 Kentucky people I’m familiar with that are unc fans was that god awful poster UNCfaninky and UKO. They’re both awful. I mean he has no connection to UNC and his dad played for UK and he still says he’s a UNC fan? HARD PASS
I knew a lot of UNC fans growing up. Really was a Jordan thing that carried over. To a degree, I think people liked the baby blue gear.

I can distinctly remember a friend from Harrodsburg who was close to the same age as Dennis, maybe 3-4 years older, who wore UNC gear all the time. So maybe UNC fandom was kind of “in the water,” so to speak, in the area where he grew up.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Keep in mind, recruiting now has nothing to do with schools or coaches, it's about NIL. So, you can bet if Pope lands a big-time player, it's solely about NIL. Recruits was always about what they can get, now NIL just makes it legal. The school with the most NIL will get the big-time players...Hope I'm wrong. While here, Calipari had the best of the best because of NIL, see what that got him and the fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Keep in mind, recruiting now has nothing to do with schools or coaches, it's about NIL. So, you can bet if Pope lands a big-time player, it's solely about NIL. Recruits was always about what they can get, now NIL just makes it legal. The school with the most NIL will get the big-time players...Hope I'm wrong. While here, Calipari had the best of the best because of NIL, see what that got him and the fans.
I don't understand the need to present a bunch of stuff as fact, and then say "I hope I'm wrong". Cal wasn't getting the best of the best because of NIL, he was (as in years ago) getting them because of what they felt he could do for their NBA dreams. Also, Calipari should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence as "fans". The fans were (most of them) UK fans. He was an NBA fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT