ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper Johnson KY kid offered.

He is a legit guard that is homegrown and wants to be here, has an offer now. Will he be our first 2025 commitment?
Gotta think so, if a kid says they grew up 15 min from Rupp, is a legacy recruit, and has dreamed of playing here? Sounds like as locky of a lock you could get. I wasn't born in KY so I don't have a strong affinity for wanting to see KY kids on the team but it's obviously special to many of you guys and I still love to see it when they can contribute (Miller, Hawkins, Willis, as of late.)

This kid is the real deal and has been tearing it up against the best players in the country. I am so happy to see Cal lock this kid up early. He is ranked as high as 26 nationally but the way he has played so far he SHOULD definitely go up and has all it takes to be in the top 10 or HIGHER before he graduates!!

His family is ALL BLUE too!!!

For those who don’t know or remember, his grandfather was a long time head football coach at Harrodsburg before joining Hal Mumme’s staff in some capacity (can’t remember his official title).

Both his dad and uncle played football at Kentucky. His dad was a legendary high school football player, and his uncle was a massively strong, 300+ pound lineman.

For those who don’t know or remember, his grandfather was a long time head football coach at Harrodsburg before joining Hal Mumme’s staff in some capacity (can’t remember his official title).

Both his dad and uncle played football at Kentucky. His dad was a legendary high school football player, and his uncle was a massively strong, 300+ pound lineman.
His dad was actually the #1 rated football recruit in the ENTIRE country by most services his Sr year.

Gotta think so, if a kid says they grew up 15 min from Rupp, is a legacy recruit, and has dreamed of playing here? Sounds like as locky of a lock you could get. I wasn't born in KY so I don't have a strong affinity for wanting to see KY kids on the team but it's obviously special to many of you guys and I still love to see it when they can contribute (Miller, Hawkins, Willis, as of late.)
This kid is a better player then the ones you mentioned above, it seems KY struggle to play at UK. Hell, Tubby struggled to figure out how to play Rondo.

Long lanky guard that’s improving his jump shot. Some recruiting boards have him as high as top 15 in his class. Led woodford county to the final four as a SO.

His dad seems to be a really good guy, also the head coach of Woodford County’s Football team. That has produce a number of small D1 prospects the past couple years.

I wouldn’t expect an early decision, it will more than likely be UK in the end. But, I believe his dad will have him enjoy the process and take it slow so the kid doesn’t feel pressure.

Did you read that???? lol They couldn't field a team lol. Everyone knows that's not legit, doesn't take a genius.
He still played. That’s all I said. Doesn’t matter why, or, how much he played. He was still a 2nd grader playing against 17-18 year olds. The enrollment size doesn’t change that. I knew the reasons & realize he wouldn’t have played if the school had the numbers. It’s still a cool & impressive fact, regardless. Nothing I said was wrong.

Alvis and Dennis Johnson are legends in central Kentucky football.I hated when Harrodsburg and Mercer County merged school systems.I get why they did but still it was sad.Mercer still plays at Alvis Johnson field behind the old Harrodsburg high school.Central Kentucky has a lot of tradition in high school football.Danville,Boyle County and Mercer all have produced state champions and division 1 players.

Reactions: Aike

Alvis’s dismissal from UK by Mr. Barnhart did not go over well with the family when it first happened. Spoke to Derrick about it at an event once. Let’s just say at the time — he felt the same way about the UK AD as a lot of us do. Doubt that will impact JJ’s decision, it was a long time ago…but worth noting since Mitch is still here.

Reactions: Catfan2226 and Aike
Watched him play in the boys sweet 16 this year and sat next to his dad. Both father and son are incredibly nice people. The kid is a heck of a player and has the best attitude I have ever seen. He played like a professional with very little emotion shown. This kid has a very bright future.

JJ has a nice-looking shot … not all about driving and dunking … but he DEFINITELY needs to work hard on going to his right … and I’m sure he already is. He looks good !!

Dennis and Derrick were both in HS when I was in elementary school, same town. Our moms taught across the hall from one another. Dennis was a LIVING LEGEND in Harrodsburg, it was insane. Craig Yeast was just a couple years older than Dennis, another living legend Harrodsburg and UK football player. Julius Yeast was same grade as Dennis Johnson, committed to Ohio St. Just a ridiculous run of talent for Harrodsburg

Looking back, it was CRAZY how much talent was being developed in Harrodsburg in the late 90s.

Reactions: Aike
Dennis and Derrick were both in HS when I was in elementary school, same town. Our moms taught across the hall from one another. Dennis was a LIVING LEGEND in Harrodsburg, it was insane. Craig Yeast was just a couple years older than Dennis, another living legend Harrodsburg and UK football player. Julius Yeast was same grade as Dennis Johnson, committed to Ohio St. Just a ridiculous run of talent for Harrodsburg

Looking back, it was CRAZY how much talent was being developed in Harrodsburg in the late 90s.
I played on a basketball team in a league with Julius one season. We won the championship. He would play all out for like 3 minutes then need a break. But during those 3 minutes…forget about it.

He was basically the size of Zion. Maybe a little bigger. Didn’t have the same hops, obviously, but plenty nimble and incredibly strong. Nice touch around the basket.

Article

Looks like KY might have finally produced a huge talent and it sounds like he really wants to be here.

His dad was a standout football player for UK if you remember.

What do you guys think?
You don't think Sheppard and Perry are legit. Guess I could figure why.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT