ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Whitlock destroys Stephen A Smith.

I haven't read all the replies, but I'm just throwing out a wacky guess that the uber-conservatives on here are Team Whitlock. LOL
Offset The Hype GIF by Max

Whitlock is an absolute clown who fell victim to the BS culture wars. Stephen A Smith is playing a character on television and is fully aware of the fact he's doing it. Whitlock tries to be serious and is a joke. At least SAS know's he's a joke.

I know some hate SAS, but if his character he's playing annoys you just don't watch. He never gives actual analysis or real opinions, he's just saying things to drive ratings and to build up his ridiculous persona. Plus, every now and then he will give us some absolute gems.

whitlock was woke and blm, before woke and blm...he musta switched

That is why I said his defense was equally as comical. Only select few would find that defense believable.
There’s clearly a few on this forum who would buy it hook, line, and sinker. When you fall for the ultimate con man, it’s nothing that a Jason Whitlock can slip past you.

Can anyone summarize what JW said about SAS? I have neither the time nor the inclination to watch/listen to a 2-hour clip, but I am morbidly curious what all the fuss is about.

Can anyone summarize what JW said about SAS? I have neither the time nor the inclination to watch/listen to a 2-hour clip, but I am morbidly curious what all the fuss is about.
JW might be the most hated journalist in the entire industry. To get really into the weeds with all of this gets a bit political (as you may be able to tell by some of the comments), but JW basically cycles through black sports journalists and attacks them online and turns the entire corner of the internet that reads the political site he writes for against those journalists. Whitlock even went after Stuart Scott in the '00s because Scott liked to use Jay Z lyrics during SportsCenter highlights because white people might get offended by not knowing what some of the lyrics meant.

You will honestly not find a single black sports journalist outside of Sage Steele who likes JW, and I don't just mean other journalists. Nobody likes him, from the actual journalists to the guys like Stan Verrett who just present highlights to Kevin Frazier who now works for Entertainment Tonight.

JW attacked SAS's memoir and accused him of basically being an industry plant to push "establishment" talking points or something along those lines. JW finally went after SAS one too many times and SAS snapped last night on his podcast and issued his own rebuttal, basically saying JW was a legitimately awful person and I've never seen SAS so upset. And the next day you will find very few people that disagree with SAS on this.

If you're not familiar with how JW currently sees the world, he doesn't believe women should have the right to vote. It's not a shock most people despise him.

JW might be the most hated journalist in the entire industry. To get really into the weeds with all of this gets a bit political (as you may be able to tell by some of the comments), but JW basically cycles through black sports journalists and attacks them online and turns the entire corner of the internet that reads the political site he writes for against those journalists. Whitlock even went after Stuart Scott in the '00s because Scott liked to use Jay Z lyrics during SportsCenter highlights because white people might get offended by not knowing what some of the lyrics meant.

You will honestly not find a single black sports journalist outside of Sage Steele who likes JW, and I don't just mean other journalists. Nobody likes him, from the actual journalists to the guys like Stan Verrett who just present highlights to Kevin Frazier who now works for Entertainment Tonight.

JW attacked SAS's memoir and accused him of basically being an industry plant to push "establishment" talking points or something along those lines. JW finally went after SAS one too many times and SAS snapped last night on his podcast and issued his own rebuttal, basically saying JW was a legitimately awful person and I've never seen SAS so upset. And the next day you will find very few people that disagree with SAS on this.
SAS only defense to JW claim was....JW is a fat piece of shit. Didn't hear SAS deny JW claims.....

Reactions: Fox2monk
SAS only defense to JW claim was....JW is a fat piece of shit. Didn't hear SAS deny JW claims.....
SAS has been calling JW a fat bastard for a long time. They hate each other. If you're at all familiar with JW's history you'd know why SAS hates him, and the recent article was just the cherry on top. When JW ran The Undefeated at ESPN, which was supposed to basically be the black Grantland, he couldn't find anyone who actually wanted to work with him. And JW tried to get SAS to come to the site and write for it, so he obviously used to think SAS was a good journalist.In fact, JW has alienated so many black journalists, when he ran The Undefeated he couldn't find enough black journalists to work with him, so he had to hire a white person as the lead writer. A white person as the lead writer and editor for a website that was supposed to be about black culture.

The phrase that comes to mind is "If everywhere you go smells like shit, check the bottom of your own shoes." The entire sports journalism world doesn't hate JW for no reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCurtis75
Both of them are stupid blowhards, but Whitlock either is conservative leaning or conservative grifting, so he will get a bigger pass here.

These guys are part of the reason I only watch games on ESPN or FS1. Shouting talking heads with daily hot takes are useless to me no matter their employer, race or political leanings.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
I usually don't get invested in this kinda stuff. Not a fan of SAS, ESPN, or any other media mouth piece.
SAS is part of the reason I don't tune in to ESPN, except UK games. Watching JW call out SAS was fairly entertaining. Watching SAS getting upset was entertaining.
If ESPN can schedule a boxing match between the two, perhaps I'll tune in for that.

So you created a new account just to do this one post?

There are some weird dudes who hang out here.

Also facts.

I couldn’t imagine making an alt to call out mods over political views, nor could I imagine participating in a years long echo chamber circle jerk known as the political thread.

In other words, letting political stuff dominate one’s life is just weird to me.

SAS is a republican who used to regularly appear with Sean Hannity. There’s a difference between a republican and MAGA tho.

I didn’t know Smith’s leanings, nor do I care because he hosts a sports show. Whitlock broadcasts his leanings.

I have a black buddy from college who used to dabble in sportswriting in the 2000s and 2010s. If I typed what he calls Whitlock, I’d face the ban hammer.

Reactions: ukcatz12
I didn’t know Smith’s leanings, nor do I care because he hosts a sports show. Whitlock broadcasts his leanings.

I have a black buddy from college who used to dabble in sportswriting in the 2000s and 2010s. If I typed what he calls Whitlock, I’d face the ban hammer.
To be fair, some pretty sensitive mods here. Not at all difficult to receive a ban around here.....

SAS is a republican who used to regularly appear with Sean Hannity. There’s a difference between a republican and MAGA tho.

Yup, that kind of disproves what a lot of people here think, that's people hate Whitlock because of his politics. Conservative leaning journalists hate the guy, liberal leaning journalists hate the guy, conservative media execs hate the guy, liberal media execs hate the guy, nearly every damn person in journalism and media hates the guy.

Yup, that kind of disproves what a lot of people here think, that's people hate Whitlock because of his politics. Conservative leaning journalists hate the guy, liberal leaning journalists hate the guy, conservative media execs hate the guy, liberal media execs hate the guy, nearly every damn person in journalism and media hates the guy.
Perhaps JW is a genuine asshole. SAS is just dishonest and fake in every way.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
That’s why he’s employed by The Blaze. That’s where you go when you burn every bridge in America but are ok with selling yourself out to Putin’s money funnel. It’s far from the only hell hole of course, almost a whole entire party has been captured by the NewSSR at this point.

Reactions: GeraldV
Both are a couple of blowhard bullshitters. I don't let the talking heads formulate my opinions on sports, politics or anything for that matter.

Reactions: UK90
You’re one of them. Weirdo seeking validation from other loser posters with no life. 90% of your post aren’t about UK, It’s attacking other posters desperately trying to fit in on a message board. Seriously, check this clowns posting history. He’s always attacking others trying to attack others trying to fit in.
I’d also invite others to check my history, because I’ve certainly nothing to hide and think it’ll largely show that what you’ve just said is not true.

At least I have the guts to stand behind the only name I’ve ever had here. Which is quite unlike little worms like you who feel who feel the need to constantly create new aliases to hide behind. What other names do you post under here?

Do you have the balls to honestly answer that question? Of course not.

Last edited:
Seems the liberals on here got their panties in a wad, one even created a fake account real quick. This delved in to politics real quick.

Both are idiots. I guess if i had to choose the lesser of 2 idiots I'd choose Whitlock.

Seems the liberals on here got their panties in a wad, one even created a fake account real quick. This delved in to politics real quick.
I'm not so sure it's politics to dislike someone who thinks women shouldn't vote. And yes, he writes for a conservative website, but he's hated across the political spectrum for just being an awful person. SAS is pretty conservative himself, and regularly appears on Hannity. It was written into SAS's contract that he would never have to work with or see Whitlock while at ESPN. That level of vitriol isn't about politics.

Whitlock thinks it was better when women didn't have the right to vote. That's really the type of man this country needs more of?
Yeah....it's better having the kid sniffer who took showers with his daughter running it huh

This right here is why i can't watch pretty much anything but actual games. There is hardly anything worth watching. It's all argument shows. You know some of these guys don't actually believe what they say.

listened to an interview with Kendrick Perkins and he said what we all have known all along. They are told what to say just to create debate.

24hr sports-only channels, while great for games, have almost completely ruined my enjoyment of sports. They have to fill the time with something and most is just idiotic drivel.

One of the best things about NBA League Pass is i can usually always have a game on. No extra crap. Barely have to even watch commercials on some nights. Nothing like listening to seth greenberg (who i actually don't mind) fight with that moron jay williams. No lunardi in even open minute. And no "expert" analysis that isn't any more astute than my 12yo daughter's.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Whitlock is an absolute clown who fell victim to the BS culture wars. Stephen A Smith is playing a character on television and is fully aware of the fact he's doing it. Whitlock tries to be serious and is a joke. At least SAS know's he's a joke.

I know some hate SAS, but if his character he's playing annoys you just don't watch. He never gives actual analysis or real opinions, he's just saying things to drive ratings and to build up his ridiculous persona. Plus, every now and then he will give us some absolute gems.

I don’t think SAS knows he’s a joke.

This is our version of watching gladiators fight in Rome, isn't it? I used to think that was UFC but now I believe it's just watching wealthy people argue with each other online.

So Kat Williams thinks it is a conspiracy that Kevin Hart became more famous than him? Good Lord. He's just funnier and more talented than Kat.

Fat Ass Whitlock will probably lose a foot from Type 2 Diabetes before anyone in journalism respects his ass. It's funny to hear Matt Jones talk about auditioning to work with Whitlock, that would have been an absolute train wreck.

Lmfao Jason Whitlock is a fat idiot. Stephen A outside of his everyday TV personality is actually cool. Was on the Bill Simmons podcast recently.

Reactions: ukcatz12
I don’t think SAS knows he’s a joke.
SAS the person is completely different than SAS the character. He's absolutely aware of how his on screen character comes off. When's he's not in character he's completely different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT