ADVERTISEMENT

Jamarion Wilcox

What ever happened to him? Thought this dude was hyped pretty bigly from the recruiting circles but no word about him after his RS season? Is he just slow or what?
Has been slow to grasp concepts, had a serious injury his true freshman year(either pulled hammy or groin, don't recall which, which are slow to heal/easy to aggravate). Comments I saw after Sat's scrimmage was that he had a good day, hate to disappoint you.

Let be honest

If the rb depth chart is

Traynum
Then Demi or Patterson…..that does not bode well for him. To be fourth string after camp is a bad sign for the future
Good point. I just remember folks making him out to be the next boom williams.... can't really bank on any of these recruits until you get them on campus and see what they got. Have to take recruiting news with a grain of salt.

RB position group is average at best. When the coach says our backup QB is the best runner that should tell you something.
I don't think it says anything other than we have another weapon to deploy and he just happens to be a qb.

Reactions: mrschwump
They've pretty much signaled it's going to be RB by committee. Where do they find 2000-2500 rushing yards? Don't think they'll have a 1000 yard rusher but could they have 3 700 yard rushers? Could be.

Question I have is who gets the ball in this situation: UK up 2 with 3 minutes to play and UK needs to run out the clock. Who do they feed?

Reactions: JASUN74
Wilcox is easily the highest rated guy (in terms of high school star ratings) in our RB room, right? Has to be. The guy was top 10 in the country at his position out of high school.

Reactions: Girthang
I cant wait till Marguise Davis gets here next year. If you read some scouting on him there are some scouts that have him top 5 at the position. One recruiting service moved him in the top 60s i'm pretty sure. There is camp footage with him directly going up against the other top 5 Rbs in the class and he looks great even among that group.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Yesterday it was reported that Wilcox had started standing out in practice
Hope the kid has a productive RS freshman year. That would create more RB depth, with a lot of it being young depth.

He was considered a top recruit, but the silence in spring and summer was obvious he had not yet impressed the coaches. Hopefully, he’s getting the playbook down so he can go out and just play the game while accomplishing his assignments.

One of the speedsters will have an opportunity to get snaps this year alongside one of the grinders. I’ll be happy if we develop another Benny/Boom pair of rbs.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
They've pretty much signaled it's going to be RB by committee. Where do they find 2000-2500 rushing yards? Don't think they'll have a 1000 yard rusher but could they have 3 700 yard rushers? Could be.

Question I have is who gets the ball in this situation: UK up 2 with 3 minutes to play and UK needs to run out the clock. Who do they feed?
Who are the 3 700 yard rushers? Just don't see it

RB position group is average at best. When the coach says our backup QB is the best runner that should tell you something.
Tbh our backup QBs best trait he's ever had is running. He's like a decently better passing version of Bowden. (Still not awesome but serviceable maybe in a pinch) Bowden was the best runner on the team by far (probably entire country) and wasn't a RB.

The best thing about Gavin being on the team especially if he accepts his role well is when you bring that rather large (for a QB) human in for a package and the defense keys the run, Gavin has more than enough passing ability to throw from wildcat the kid did start at Rutgers after all. Was he amazing? No but if he plays his role here he will be a tremendous threat.
Now I wouldn't want to rely on him as a pure QB but a package that he can throw to a streaking WR when they key his run could get nasty if he's a very good runner that the defense has to key in on.

Last edited:
Tbh our backup QBs best trait he's ever had is running. He's like a decently better passing version of Bowden. (Still not awesome but serviceable maybe in a pinch) Bowden was the best runner on the team by far (probably entire country) and wasn't a RB.

The best thing about Gavin being on the team especially if he accepts his role well is when you bring that rather large (for a QB) human in for a package and the defense keys the run, Gavin has more than enough passing ability to throw from wildcat the kid did start at Rutgers after all. Was he amazing? No but if he plays his role here he will be a tremendous threat.
Now I wouldn't want to rely on him as a pure QB but a package that he can throw to a streaking WR when they key his run could get nasty if he's a very good runner that the defense has to key in on.
^This

Lot of negativity out there. One thread suggests our OL is bottom of league yet the two articles I find rank it seventh and one said it could well be higher. With regard to running backs, saw an article where Hamdan expects to have a 1,000 yard rusher.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT