ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Hurts

Cnash32

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2017
Is there any shot we get him? and if so how would that impact Terry

Normally I would ignore the comment by the OP, but, yes, JRow did mention Hurts as a possibility. I think the chances are very, very, very slim. However, if he wants to come you take him and don't think twice.

I think Terry could benefit from watching Hurts for a yr......but more than that, I'd be sure to give Terry a lot of snaps whenever possible. (Mop up duty, blow out losses, etc) However, the staff has never been the type to do so.

I'm not sure hurts can pass any better than wilson, but he does go through his progressions and RPOs way faster. So he could be an improvement but i wouldnt put money on it.

I’m not holding my breath on Hurts winding up here.

Has it been confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is leaving the tide?

This is why I wish JRow wouldn't have even mentioned his name. I think the possibility of him coming is so remote that I don't think it's worth mentioning.

Then again, if JRow felt the need to mention it, perhaps it's not as remote as I think it is.

This is why I wish JRow wouldn't have even mentioned his name. I think the possibility of him coming is so remote that I don't think it's worth mentioning.

Then again, if JRow felt the need to mention it, perhaps it's not as remote as I think it is.

I'm saying JH has the sweetest gig in all of CFB. He's an Alabama QB that plays pretty much every game, but without starter pressure and expectations.

Dude, as a backup, was about as productive in terms of scoring as our starter this year.

Bama is so good that they're going to get up early and stay up on everyone and can afford to play two QBs.

He can hang around bama next year, get run, put up 800 yds of total offense, toss about a dozen scores, rush for a couple more, stay relatively healthy, and head to the combine with a hell of a resume as a player and reputation as a team-first kind of person.

Last edited:

I think people would be surprised. No reason for him to go to Texas or any other Texas school besides (home) because they don’t run offenses that fit him, he’s not going to stay in the SEC West, Ohio St just got Fields, Georgia has Fromm. How many teams could he really benefit going to? Kentucky is one of the only ones that comes to mind, he is a better passer than most believe, he is a better runner than Terry, he breaks tackles and makes decisions faster. It makes a lot of sense, I’m not sure we get him but the chances are well get a real look.

I think people would be surprised. No reason for him to go to Texas or any other Texas school besides (home) because they don’t run offenses that fit him, he’s not going to stay in the SEC West, Ohio St just got Fields, Georgia has Fromm. How many teams could he really benefit going to? Kentucky is one of the only ones that comes to mind, he is a better passer than most believe, he is a better runner than Terry, he breaks tackles and makes decisions faster. It makes a lot of sense, I’m not sure we get him but the chances are well get a real look.

Plenty of teams probably aren't returning 10 win quarterbacks (and yea, I know ours has his limitations), and he could either unseat a losing starter or take over for someone who left. He likely doesn't stay in the west, but Fitzgerald leaves and he could fit well into the Miss. State offense.

He could also go somewhere like Florida where Mullen runs an offense perfect for him and try to unseat a QB that doesn't really fit into that offense. That would be different from UK, where he'd be trying to unseat a very similar player.

Of course, all this is just speculation and me kind of rambling. lol

Reactions: mclee5239
I had no clue Hurts had even said he was leaving Bama let alone hint he would come here. Last I seen he had said he wants to be a great teammate at Bama while they prepared for another title.

Plenty of teams probably aren't returning 10 win quarterbacks (and yea, I know ours has his limitations), and he could either unseat a losing starter or take over for someone who left. He likely doesn't stay in the west, but Fitzgerald leaves and he could fit well into the Miss. State offense.

He could also go somewhere like Florida where Mullen runs an offense perfect for him and try to unseat a QB that doesn't really fit into that offense. That would be different from UK, where he'd be trying to unseat a very similar player.

He wouldn't fit in Miss St. Offense. Morehead runs a lot different offense than Mullen does. Fitz had a hard time adjusting so Morehead changed what he wanted to do to fit Fitz. Going forward he is going to want to run his own offense. Now, Mullen, yeah he would fit with Mullen.

I'm saying JH has the sweetest gig in all of CFB. He's an Alabama QB that plays pretty much every game, but without starter pressure and expectations.

Dude, as a backup, was about as productive in terms of scoring as our starter this year.

Bama is so good that they're going to get up early and stay up on everyone and can afford to play two QBs.

He can hang around bama next year, get run, put up 800 yds of total offense, toss about a dozen scores, rush for a couple more, stay relatively healthy, and head to the combine with a hell of a resume as a player and reputation team-first kind of person.
If I were in his shoes this is what I would do. Why would he leave Bama? If he had a problem being second string he could have left last year. I would recommend he stick where he is.

He can hang around bama next year, get run, put up 800 yds of total offense, toss about a dozen scores, rush for a couple more, stay relatively healthy, and head to the combine with a hell of a resume as a player and reputation team-first kind of person.

Agree with this. If he does leave, WVU needs a QB, you guys say he's not a great passer, but I believe Neal Brown could make it work.

Can’t see him at MSU, no reason for him to stay in that tough division. I thought Florida as well, but Florida’s offense was the most improved in the nation, Franks has 2 more years, Emory Jones after that, so I’m not thinking that either. I think it’s Alabama or Kentucky honestly. I’m a little too optimistic maybe but... I really can see it

Reactions: JASUN74
I had no clue Hurts had even said he was leaving Bama let alone hint he would come here. Last I seen he had said he wants to be a great teammate at Bama while they prepared for another title.
Yeah I never actually heard him say it either. Although I watched 7 or 8 of their games, (. To watch Tua), lol, and every game I watched, the announcers talked about it, and speculated where he was going to transfer to. I’m not sure they knew anything we didn’t, but they had been around their program pretty often.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if/where he ends up next year. Love watching him play and whoever gets him is automatically a better team in my eyes

Yeah I never actually heard him say it either. Although I watched 7 or 8 of their games, (. To watch Tua), lol, and every game I watched, the announcers talked about it, and speculated where he was going to transfer to. I’m not sure they knew anything we didn’t, but they had been around their program pretty often.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if/where he ends up next year. Love watching him play and whoever gets him is automatically a better team in my eyes

After the SEC championship game Hurts sat with the SEC Network crew for an interview and casually mentions he is graduating on January 15th. Never says anything regarding his transfer eligibility, but he would be up for Grad Transfer.

http://www.secsports.com/video/25427599/has-easy

At the 2:03 mark

After the SEC championship game Hurts sat with the SEC Network crew for an interview and casually mentions he is graduating on January 15th. Never says anything regarding his transfer eligibility, but he would be up for Grad Transfer.

http://www.secsports.com/video/25427599/has-easy

At the 2:03 mark
Thanks bro. Honestly, if he doesn’t end up here, it probably doesn’t mean anything to us, as I don’t see anyone else in the SEC, that’s going to compete besides Florida, and they have their man for the next couple years. Thanks again. He seems like a great kid.

Reactions: mattrudd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT