ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Geiger's Dad

*Bleedingblue*

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2009
Didn't know if any of you guys read the heart felt goodbye from Jelen's dad. Thought you guys might want to read it for yourselves.
Here is part of it but the whole thing is in the link below.
Really like Jalens dad and the class act he is and how he has raised his son to be a representative of Christ.

Hope he does well at his next stop and makes his dreams come true.

“I know fans can be fans when a player leaves but he gave five years to Big Blue Nation and I hope the fans know how much we appreciate them. He will always be a Wildcat. He is an alumni (with a degree in health, society and populations who is working on a second degree in communication).”
Big Blue Nation will also miss Tony Geiger and his wife, Ramona. He’s been president of the UK football parent club for three of his son’s five years in Lexington. The Geigers live in Columbia, S.C., but did not miss a UK game home or away.
“Sure it is a mixed bag of emotions for me, too,” Tony Geiger said. “We’ve met a lot of wonderful families and have become friends with life with some of the parents. I bid my farewell to 220 of them that I communicated with every week. My phone was very active the first day (after his son announced he was transferring) but I am very grateful for the responses.
“Jalen was one of three remaining players from his recruiting class. We are a military family and are very loyal. We prayed on this and he just thought entering the portal was best for him. He thanked his coaches in person.”
Because he’s a grad transfer, Geiger could immediately start communicating with other schools.
“We are going to put this in God’s hands and find a good fit for our son. He will go wherever that is and be the best athlete he can be,” Tony Geiger said. “He knows proximity to our home is not part of the equation. Wherever God sends him will be fine. We will get there. We have never missed a game in our life and won’t now.”
Tony Geiger said the family will be “forever grateful” to UK coach Mark Stoops along with recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow who got Geiger to UK.
Jalen Geiger will not play in UK’s bowl game.
“I told all the other parents we would be cheering them on,” Tony Geiger said. “I turned my whole house blue in Columbia. I have a UK flag at the house. Kentucky is part of his and our legacy. We will be Wildcats forever.”

Didn't know if any of you guys read the heart felt goodbye from Jelen's dad. Thought you guys might want to read it for yourselves.
Here is part of it but the whole thing is in the link below.
Really like Jalens dad and the class act he is and how he has raised his son to be a representative of Christ.

Hope he does well at his next stop and makes his dreams come true.

“I know fans can be fans when a player leaves but he gave five years to Big Blue Nation and I hope the fans know how much we appreciate them. He will always be a Wildcat. He is an alumni (with a degree in health, society and populations who is working on a second degree in communication).”
Big Blue Nation will also miss Tony Geiger and his wife, Ramona. He’s been president of the UK football parent club for three of his son’s five years in Lexington. The Geigers live in Columbia, S.C., but did not miss a UK game home or away.
“Sure it is a mixed bag of emotions for me, too,” Tony Geiger said. “We’ve met a lot of wonderful families and have become friends with life with some of the parents. I bid my farewell to 220 of them that I communicated with every week. My phone was very active the first day (after his son announced he was transferring) but I am very grateful for the responses.
“Jalen was one of three remaining players from his recruiting class. We are a military family and are very loyal. We prayed on this and he just thought entering the portal was best for him. He thanked his coaches in person.”
Because he’s a grad transfer, Geiger could immediately start communicating with other schools.
“We are going to put this in God’s hands and find a good fit for our son. He will go wherever that is and be the best athlete he can be,” Tony Geiger said. “He knows proximity to our home is not part of the equation. Wherever God sends him will be fine. We will get there. We have never missed a game in our life and won’t now.”
Tony Geiger said the family will be “forever grateful” to UK coach Mark Stoops along with recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow who got Geiger to UK.
Jalen Geiger will not play in UK’s bowl game.
“I told all the other parents we would be cheering them on,” Tony Geiger said. “I turned my whole house blue in Columbia. I have a UK flag at the house. Kentucky is part of his and our legacy. We will be Wildcats forever.”

Have always loved the Geigers! Class acts all the way around! 💙🏈

I saw them often and games and at every bowl game. Seemed a wonderful family. I loved Jalen as a player. Hated he had an injury but that plagued him because I think his ability to play responsibilities would've made a difference

One of those players you will always cheer for. Injuries are never a good thing, and they sting more when they happen to someone like Jalen, who gave his all on the field whether healthy or banged up.

Very nice family as well if anyone ever bumped in to them at games (easy to spot with their Geiger jerseys).

Best of luck wherever he lands, and he will be great beyond the football field as well.

This is how you act when you part company. Never burn the bridge. You never know where this world is going to take you. Sounds like he is a very level headed young man. I wish him and his family all the best in the world. (Please don’t go play for that whiner Beamer) that’s all I ask.

I remembered when we were recruiting Jalen I said this is one tough db who will be a hard nosed
tough kid. Then we signed him and darned if he wasn't tougher than I thought he was. And what a tremendous parent who shared his interest to UK as well as his son.
What a class family wherein the fruit didn't fall far from the tree.
I thank Jalen and his family for all they shared at UK.....and wish the very best for all. Hope Jalen has a great season.....even to the nfl if that's what the Lord plans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT