ADVERTISEMENT

IU AD Glass says there have been preliminary talks to renew UK-IU series

Nope, rather not do it but, if it has to be, then it better be a neutral site and never again in Bloomington. Those people are just animals.

Id say yes to a game in Rupp then return game in Indy..Id also do 2 games in the Yum Bucket and one in Indy.Cal and UK are the "Big Dog" here so what he says little Miller and IU will have to take it or they won't get to play UK
The Art of the Deal, I like that, we don't need to ever go to that dump in Bloomington ever again, talk to any UK fan who went to that game.

Appeasing the older (rich) portion of the fan base like he does most of the time. They remember when IU was relevant 35+ years ago and want it. Just my opinion as a poor man in his 20s lol.

You don’t have a clue about who he is appeasing. Respect your elders son, lol. And no I don’t ever want to play iu.

I would think the people of Kentucky would be grateful to the state of Indiana for them allowing your high school scrubs the opportunity to play real players in front of real crowds every summer for the past 70 years.

Can you imagine the adrenaline rush those kids get when they get to play in an NBA arena against future NBA players? Then they have to turn around and get dog walked again at some dump called Transylvania College in front of 50 people in their own home state.

And you call yourself a basketball state. Talk about not being worthy of competition..Shame on you people for supporting one year rentals so feverishly but not supporting your real team.

Indiana kids should be playing the Ohio or Illinois all stars but I guess we're just charitable.

Last edited:
There are plenty of mid majors we can play that'll treat the fan base better. Miller wants it to help validate his slum school. Don't do it. If we win we were supposed to but if we lose we gotta see that shit on ESPN commercials for years. A moronic decision of you ask me.

Reactions: struggler
Hell no . Do nothing to assist them . Schedule Butler .. Please .. Schedule Butler .
Absolutely not. Their fanbase is the worst on earth. I hesitate to call them humans and not pack animals. The videos are out there. They showed their ass in 2012 and do not deserve to play us.

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
I would think the people of Kentucky would be grateful to the state of Indiana for them allowing your high school scrubs the opportunity to play real players in front of real crowds every summer for the past 70 years.

Can you imagine the adrenaline rush those kids get when they get to play in an NBA arena against future NBA players? Then they have to turn around and get dog walked again at some dump called Transylvania College in front of 50 people in their own home state.

And you call yourself a basketball state. Talk about not being worthy of competition..Shame on you people for supporting one year rentals so feverishly but not supporting your real team.

Indiana kids should be playing the Ohio or Illinois all stars but I guess we're just charitable.

I’m all for playing Indiana teams. I think it would be great for UK to schedule a round robin with the top teams of Indiana. A 3 year series would be awesome and we could rotate between the top three programs in the state of Butler, Purdue, Notre Dame. Of course if we extend it to the top 4 programs in the event of a scheduling conflict, we could always have IPFW on standby to fill-in. If that doesn’t work out maybe we can schedule a round robin with the top half of the big 10 of the past two decades, of course I don’t think we need to highlight those teams for you as well do we?

The fact that Indiana people always revert to this nonsense high school argument is laughable. Just shows how pathetic you’ve become.

Absolutely nothing to gain for Kentucky. Much like scheduling eastern Kentucky or Kentucky Wesleyan, UK will win eight of 10 like they always have in the past but Indiana fans will act like those two wins meant more than the eight losses and we will have to hear about it nonstop.

I’m also not comfortable sharing the floor with a program covered in cheating scandals. Sampson obviously was a cheater and that’s why Indiana hired him. The Crean stuff is well documented by ESPN the Magazine. Lots of drug problems and drinking and driving accidents and running their own teammates over… canceling players scholarships and worshiping a coach who everyone tried to tell Indiana for decades was a complete and Autre bigot.

The only coach that had success for decades was black. He took you a national championship game and you fired him. You haven’t recovered since yet constantly refer to us as racist. It’s absolutely and completely beneath us.

1987, you meth-addicted pos.

The only interaction I want with you all would be a nuclear strike on Bloomington. Do the world some good.

Not sure who is pushing the re-newel of this series. A very large majority of our fanbase is against it. As others have pointed out the only winner is IU when they occasionally pull the upset over UK. The only possible explanation I can come up with is that either CBS or ESPN are offering big $$$ to re-start the series.

Reactions: struggler
giphy.gif

I’m all for playing Indiana teams. I think it would be great for UK to schedule a round robin with the top teams of Indiana. A 3 year series would be awesome and we could rotate between the top three programs in the state of Butler, Purdue, Notre Dame. Of course if we extend it to the top 4 programs in the event of a scheduling conflict, we could always have IPFW on standby to fill-in. If that doesn’t work out maybe we can schedule a round robin with the top half of the big 10 of the past two decades, of course I don’t think we need to highlight those teams for you as well do we?

The fact that Indiana people always revert to this nonsense high school argument is laughable. Just shows how pathetic you’ve become.

Absolutely nothing to gain for Kentucky. Much like scheduling eastern Kentucky or Kentucky Wesleyan, UK will win eight of 10 like they always have in the past but Indiana fans will act like those two wins meant more than the eight losses and we will have to hear about it nonstop.

I’m also not comfortable sharing the floor with a program covered in cheating scandals. Sampson obviously was a cheater and that’s why Indiana hired him. The Crean stuff is well documented by ESPN the Magazine. Lots of drug problems and drinking and driving accidents and running their own teammates over… canceling players scholarships and worshiping a coach who everyone tried to tell Indiana for decades was a complete and Autre bigot.

The only coach that had success for decades was black. He took you a national championship game and you fired him. You haven’t recovered since yet constantly refer to us as racist. It’s absolutely and completely beneath us.
1987, you meth-addicted pos.

The only interaction I want with you all would be a nuclear strike on Bloomington. Do the world some good.
This is how all UK fans feel about iu.

giphy.gif

Doesn’t surprise me at all that one of those idiot IU fans ventured to our board to talk about high school basketball. They have a display in Assembly Hall for a season they made it to the sweet 16 just because they beat us at home that year. How sad is that? Jealous people can do some of the most ignorant things. Like going to the message board of the winningest program in college basketball and talk trash about high school basketball. LOL

Reactions: crittel56
Doesn’t surprise me at all that one of those idiot IU fans ventured to our board to talk about high school basketball. They have a display in Assembly Hall for a season they made it to the sweet 16 just because they beat us at home that year. How sad is that? Jealous people can do some of the most ignorant things. Like going to the message board of the winningest program in college basketball and talk trash about high school basketball. LOL

Trust me, with Kentucky reduced to landing Duke's leftover recruits, no one is jealous of a school that can't beat Tom Crean and Bruce Weber.

Calipari is kind of at the late 90's Bob Knight stage of his career - he's arrogant and lazy. IU fans hope he stays there another 20 years.

I was simply pointing out that Kentucky is obviously not a basketball state. You refuse to even try to support your own kids and you'll never be worthy of an NBA franchise.

As far as re-starting the series, meh... I hope they don't. If you people can't even show up to watch your own home bred kids play, then you don't deserve a platform of any kind in the greatest basketball state in the country.

john-cusack-brought-a-boombox-onstage-at-a-peter--1-11871-1349710450-2_big.jpg

Reactions: hotelblue
Really sad how badly IU fans need validation from UK fans.

Hoosier fans, try to muster some self respect.

For the love of god don't have it in "Da Ville", or any other neutral site.

UK v IU, if played, should be played in Rupp and Bloomington. Maybe a 2 and 1 deal since we have the leverage. 2 at rupp 1 in Bloomington...

The home attendance is sliding for many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that all the good games are played at neutral sites. Cal can blow all that "Preparing kids for big stages..." BS out his ass. I used to think it was genius, but now it's just silly. In case he or anyone else has missed it, those big stages haven't done sh*t for us, in terms of performance in march, the past few years.

You want BBN to show up in force and stand the last stretch of the game to juice the players, bring us some opponents worth getting excited for. Nobody is standing for Tums University or an Ivy league school...

Even though people are resistant to playing IU, rest assured, BBN will stand up and make their presence known down the stretch vs the Hoosiers...
Never play in Bloomington. Roof may cave in. Play them in Rupp and LucasOil or not at all.

If anyone needs a reminder about how awful IU fans are, here is Exhibit A. This is tame compared to most of that fanbase. They can't form a coherent argument or stay on subject. They would rather just shout loudly and believe that they are winning the argument.

Their ignorance and desperation know no bounds. They've been to 1 Final Four in the last quarter century, haven't won a title since the Reagan Administration, and one of the cretins is here to talk trash to us about high school basketball.

[roll][roll][roll]

Trust me, with Kentucky reduced to landing Duke's leftover recruits, no one is jealous of a school that can't beat Tom Crean and Bruce Weber.

Calipari is kind of at the late 90's Bob Knight stage of his career - he's arrogant and lazy. IU fans hope he stays there another 20 years.

I was simply pointing out that Kentucky is obviously not a basketball state. You refuse to even try to support your own kids and you'll never be worthy of an NBA franchise.

As far as re-starting the series, meh... I hope they don't. If you people can't even show up to watch your own home bred kids play, then you don't deserve a platform of any kind in the greatest basketball state in the country.
IU fans are the most classless bunch I’ve ever had to deal with. Not to mention IU isn’t even the favorite in the biggest city in Indiana. You talk about supporting the high school kids yet none of the big time recruits from Indiana go to IU. With the exception of Romeo and we all know if Louisville hadn’t exploded he wouldn’t have chose you all.

Reactions: brianpoe

Your a complete idiot. Lol Calipari has a record of 275-64 while at Kentucky with a national championship and multiple final fours. I hope he stays another 20 years myself and I know you really wouldn’t want that. When was your last title? Your high school comments are all you have. We lost in the NCAA tournament last year, but where was your team at? What tournament did they play in? You wanna talk trash about a hall of fame coach when your team has been irrelevant for a long time and your record was barely over .500 last year. Keep bragging about those sweet sixteens and reminiscing on the 80s. That’s all you’ve got.

Your a complete idiot. Lol Calipari has a record of 275-64 while at Kentucky with a national championship and multiple final fours. I hope he stays another 20 years myself and I know you really wouldn’t want that. When was your last title? Your high school comments are all you have. We lost in the NCAA tournament last year, but where was your team at? What tournament did they play in? You wanna talk trash about a hall of fame coach when your team has been irrelevant for a long time and your record was barely over .500 last year. Keep bragging about those sweet sixteens and reminiscing on the 80s. That’s all you’ve got.
And how many of those Kentucky kids are on our roster 1 maybe a year. We recruit the best, we play the best. suck it IWHO!

Yeah we like to recruit your INDIANA players and it’s easy to see why they leave your state since IU’s basketball tradition died in the 80’s.

Seriously your only fight is making fun of kids? You have nothing else to say but to bash 16 17 year olds? Your team is trash and I hope you get beat up by a bunch of 13 year old kids one day. Friggin pos

NO and if they renew the game will never watch it on TV or in person. why would we want to? It does nothing for us. Go out and get somebody else that would be fun to watch and not dangerous to watch (IN fans)

If Barnhart does this he will be doing it for and siding with Indiana people over Kentucky people.

Like a ton of other programs, IU will never come close to being in the same breath with us in basketball. We don't need them or anybody for that matter.

Let them make their own way Barnhart and quit pondering on helping them. Same with UL. Quit listening to a few fair weather fans and media types. They mean nothing to the program. Only thinking of themselves and not what is best for the program.

And as far as I'm concerned, I'd like to see Indiana get back to a high enough level consistently before scheduling them for an OOC regular season game. Time will tell if Archie Miller is the guy to get them back to that level or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT