ADVERTISEMENT

IU AD Glass says there have been preliminary talks to renew UK-IU series

Once upon a time Kentucky - Indiana was the best out of conference match up in college basketball. But that was Yesterday and Yesterday Is Gone.

I vote we focus on other teams and let Indiana be. They need us a lot more than we need them and we are already carrying one program on our back that needs us more than we need them, Louisville.

I would love to bring the series back. Say what you want, but our two fan bases hate one another and that makes a good rivalry. My preference would be at Lucas Oil in a double header that included teams like Ohio State, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Butler and UL.

Oscar Combs says look for it to happen in the next few years so it’s coming whether we like it or not. Just need to beat their meth mouths into oblivion like the ghetto commuter school in The Ville.

Only if we get to play in the Yum center. It would be worth playing IU again for the slap in UL’s face.

I say bring them back. They may pull an upset every once in awhile like U6 but all the other ass whoop'ns we give them will be very satisfying.

Not sure I could be any MORE against something than this. IU fans will just say we're "scared" to play them at their place. But it has nothing to do with that. It has nothing to do with us losing a game to them from time to time. NOTHING!

It's about their unnatural hatred and how that hatred results in an unsafe environment for our fans. I've seen the videos and heard the first-hand stories. So no. NO. NO. NO.

For the love of god don't have it in "Da Ville", or any other neutral site.

UK v IU, if played, should be played in Rupp and Bloomington. Maybe a 2 and 1 deal since we have the leverage. 2 at rupp 1 in Bloomington...

The home attendance is sliding for many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that all the good games are played at neutral sites. Cal can blow all that "Preparing kids for big stages..." BS out his ass. I used to think it was genius, but now it's just silly. In case he or anyone else has missed it, those big stages haven't done sh*t for us, in terms of performance in march, the past few years.

You want BBN to show up in force and stand the last stretch of the game to juice the players, bring us some opponents worth getting excited for. Nobody is standing for Tums University or an Ivy league school...

Even though people are resistant to playing IU, rest assured, BBN will stand up and make their presence known down the stretch vs the Hoosiers...

Not sure why any true blue fan would want to assist IU in any way. Playing them gives them validation and is a lose-lose proposition for us and could only hurt us in recruiting with an occasional IU upset.
I dont care about helping them, it helps us too when we play and beat rivals. I say hell no because of their shitty attitude and lies when we ended the series. They slandered us and it shouldnt be forgotten.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Smashcat
Id say yes to a game in Rupp then return game in Indy..Id also do 2 games in the Yum Bucket and one in Indy.Cal and UK are the "Big Dog" here so what he says little Miller and IU will have to take it or they won't get to play UK

Not sure why any true blue fan would want to assist IU in any way. Playing them gives them validation and is a lose-lose proposition for us and could only hurt us in recruiting with an occasional IU upset.

Same goes for ucla—even more so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT