ADVERTISEMENT

It's time to make the call

2 Titles, Pitino tree, ex assistant UK ? Donovan to UK would move the needle.

Dude is a smart guy. He’d be up to speed on NIL and Portal stuff within a day. It’s not rocket science.
with the Crafts and other boosters back on board, NIL will take care of itself

The longer Donovan goes without making a definitive statement that he has no interest in UK, the more my hopes grows. Damn you, Billy D!!!!
Billy will not come out and say anything while he is coaching, he is too professional for that. My guess they make Hurley say yes or no with the biggest college contract ever, and if he says no which most likely will not happen until after Saturday, then they wait on Billy and we can hope he loses the play in game.

Reactions: cat tat2
I don’t like Hurley. Never have. Winning a few titles are impressive but he is a jerk. Not sure he gets the aura of Kentucky basketball and what it means to the state. He might look down on some of us.
Excellent coach, no doubt about it. “Fit” is the thing I worry about. NOTHING about him tells me he would be a good fit at Kentucky. Billy D. on the other hand, I’m certain he knows what Kentucky is about. I’m certainly willing to wait for him.

We have 3 options

1. Throw the bank at Hurley
2. Go after Billy
3. Eat that 18m buyout for Oats.
I believe they will throw out the largest offer ever to Hurley but you won't hear anything until after Saturday, if Hurley does say no, they will go after Billy but you won't hear anything until he is out of the playoffs. And personally I am not a Nate Oats guy. Oats has a good offensive mind but his defense is as bad as Cal's and that is bad.

Excellent coach, no doubt about it. “Fit” is the thing I worry about. NOTHING about him tells me he would be a good fit at Kentucky. Billy D. on the other hand, I’m certain he knows what Kentucky is about. I’m certainly willing to wait for him.
It so hard for me to not name drop but I just talked to a former player that played for Tubby that lives in Lex. UK all in for Hurley today but confidence level is very low. JP has been the guy making calls and fielding calls. It’s not just Mitch, there is a team.

Reactions: cat tat2
I feel that Hurley wouldn’t be a long term hire. Donovan I think would most likely be here for an extended time. I like the stability he would bring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT