ADVERTISEMENT

It's okay to root for UNC....

Fgpoe03

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 31, 2018
I know it makes me want to barf saying it. Two reasons make it okay:

1. It makes Dukes loss last week even worse.

2. We have teams on the bubble (our conference) as is NC State. I would much rather have another SEC team in the tourney, then another crap ACC team.

To be clear, only for tonight!!!

Reactions: sk73 and EliteBlue
Guys I forgot the best reason, I'm so sorry.

1(b). Because even if they win, they have not a shot in heck to make the NCAA tournament. I don't even know if they can make the NIT. They get what they deserve and they can hurt Duke in the process.

I know it makes me want to barf saying it. Two reasons make it okay:

1. It makes Dukes loss last week even worse.

2. We have teams on the bubble (our conference) as is NC State. I would much rather have another SEC team in the tourney, then another crap ACC team.

To be clear, only for tonight!!!
No

What a bizarre stretch. Root for the Cheats to make a Duke WIN look worse?

Never.

My friend, NC State beat Duke last week by over 20 points...

This loss would pretty much eliminate NC State from the tourney and make Duke look even worse.

There is no chance in hell I would ever root for the school that was the perpetrator of the biggest cheating scandal in the history of collage sports !! AND was able to spend enough money to buy their way out of it with no punishment what so ever !!

Can’t make this crap up. NC State loses to the worst team in the ACC mainly due to a 75% FT performance from a 56% FT shooter.

It’s just that kind of year. Statistics and Models don’t mean jack diddly this year.

Why isn't Duke being Penalized for playing in a super weak ACC? That Kansas win boosting them that much?

Appearantly so. We now pretty much share the same record. Each have one really bad loss. One semi bad loss to South Carolina teams. If they would have lost the UNC game it would have helped us immensely.

Appearantly so. We now pretty much share the same record. Each have one really bad loss. One semi bad loss to South Carolina teams. If they would have lost the UNC game it would have helped us immensely.
Well shit if only Mich St didn't crap the bed we'd be in line for a 1-2 seed.

State always in the acc. Got a homegrown KY boy on the roster. Gotta root for a kid from the 14th region there in Beverly.

plus it seems widely accepted they were the ones that got the ball rolling that exposed UNC. Tip of the hat for that one.

Reactions: the stat man

Duke has three really bad losses:

Stephen Austin, I think that's their name
Wake Forest, by double digits
NC State, not as bad a team but lost by over 20

We haven't been beat by double digits in any loss this season. Plus we play a lot more top 50 teams. We have a better resume, easily.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Ehhh. This isnt enough for me. Whoever wins still help Duke. And honestly, we kinda need UNC to play better and disrupt the ACC a bit.

Im also not big on rooting for (or against) the SEC, a conference that spends entirely too much energy trying to beat Kentucky... teams AND the officials. South Carolina wants to make the tournament? Maybe you shouldn't have focused all your attention on us. Hard for me to get behind them.

Duke has three really bad losses:

Stephen Austin, I think that's their name
Wake Forest, by double digits
NC State, not as bad a team but lost by over 20

We haven't been beat by double digits in any loss this season. Plus we play a lot more top 50 teams. We have a better resume, easily.

Oh I agree. So if they are still a 2 seed. There’s no way on earth we are not.

Worst UNC team maybe ever and they still sweep State including drubbing them by 20 at State. UNC has two wins in the last 9 games, both against State.

The Utah loss was worse than the. Usc loss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT