ADVERTISEMENT

It's a sad joke that we have not gotten some clarification on Big Z status by now

The NCAA are idiots. An opportunity to promote college basketball internationally and they screw around like they are so busy. Everything I read there is little excuse for him not to be approved. I still don't know if expectations by us fans are reasonable but that is secondary to how bad the NCAA continues to be.

As I understand it, the NCAA has a 45 day window to make a determination, and that is up on 11/27. So we should know something by then. I think I heard Mills on the pre-game show the other night say the last ruling they did for a guy at another school happened at the 39 day mark. Seems like Cal is more upset at the UK Admissions Department for dragging their feet.

UK, is the main reason for the delay. And we don't know if UK has or has NOT been in communication with NCAA on BigZ.. Maybe an issue came up? Maybe NCAA needed clarification on something. As previous poster said, 45 days is the normal timeframe.. so lets hope they clear him by then...

As I understand it, the NCAA has a 45 day window to make a determination, and that is up on 11/27. So we should know something by then. I think I heard Mills on the pre-game show the other night say the last ruling they did for a guy at another school happened at the 39 day mark. Seems like Cal is more upset at the UK Admissions Department for dragging their feet.
This is my thinking also.

If UK had him admitted 10 days earlier, this would be done.

The NCAA is what they are. They're not going to get in a hurry for us.

The athletics department is the reason we are still waiting. Here's hoping they don't wait till 11/27 to clear him.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Idk if it’s UK or the NCAA or both. But I do know this: any institution (especially a governing body) who is still trying to pretend that there is a hint of legitimacy left in college athletics is a joke. First there was UNC, who set the precedent that athletes don’t even have to go to class anymore. Nothing done about it. Then there were the FBI wiretaps, which proved that at least 3 high profile coaches were buying players pre-NIL. Nothing done about it. Now there’s NIL, which is the Wild West.

What possible reason could there be for Ivisic to be held out? Don’t say money, that dog don’t hunt anymore. Don’t say academics, that one don’t either. Whoever it is keeping him out has no leg to stand on anymore. None.

I don’t expect Z to be an AllSEC type player but we need him eligible asap purely to backup Bradshaw at the 5 when we play a team w dominant bigs. Let Mitchell and Thiero have all the 4 minutes. That leaves 3 positions to be split between Edwards, Wagner, Reed, Dilly, Reeves. You should be able to get Wagner and Edwards their 25 promised minutes a game to showcase them while still using your full roster evenly. Burks is the odd man out getting spot minutes between the 4/5 or depending on Zs ability splitting the 5 spot backup role.

120 minutes (3 spots x 40 min) divided by 5 (players) is 24 min each. Taking into consideration in game variables like fouls and no reason each dude shouldn’t be getting 20+ other than bad roster management

UK, is the main reason for the delay. And we don't know if UK has or has NOT been in communication with NCAA on BigZ.. Maybe an issue came up? Maybe NCAA needed clarification on something. As previous poster said, 45 days is the normal timeframe.. so lets hope they clear him by then...
I believe it’s the maximum timeframe not necessarily the normal timeframe

I don't know if Big Z will make an immediate impact but having him on the court banging with the likes of Dickerson would have certainly helped slow him down a little.

Reactions: bbncal02
I don't know if Big Z will make an immediate impact but having him on the court banging with the likes of Dickerson would have certainly helped slow him down a little.
From what I have seen and read this is probably not correct. The only one I think that could have had an impact defending Dickerson would have been a healthy Ugo.

What is official start date of Z's timeline? Is it October 12th? That was day of pics on campus, etc.

45 days would mean decision has to be made by NCAA prior to Miami game, right?

We needed him, but HD is a big dude, and I feel Cal would have started pounding the ball into Z. We were at our best pushing the pace. It's a catch 22 because there's no other way for him to get that experience.

@NCAA

YOU HAVE NO BALLS.

you-have-no-marbles.gif

It's crazy there even needs to be an admissions department anymore. We're in a time in sports where literally anything goes. Who cares if the kid took some money before he came to the US. All these kids get paid now. Some are getting paid in HS. What's the problem?

Reactions: Stonewall12
I predict they will clear him on the 44th day.

So they can say they cleared him early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT