ADVERTISEMENT

It would be nice to get some good news soon.

Well at this point every single LOI and roster player outside Perry and Burks are gone. I figured we may keep a couple at worst.
LOI means nothing anymore. If a school refused to let someone out of one the backlash would set them back 10 years recruiting lol

Reactions: Fox2monk
LOI means nothing anymore. If a school refused to let someone out of one the backlash would set them back 10 years recruiting lol
No doubt, just saying that we should in theory have a small leg up even with a different coach in that they liked the school enough to commit. I was hoping Pope may convince some to stay.

Reactions: TODASAURUS
I hope that Pope isn't being TOO picky. I get that he wants guys who fit a certain mold, and that he's upset with how far UK has fallen since he played here.
On KSR this morning, they said they think we have 5 guys set but gave no names. If it’s true, I wish they’d throw us a bone or two. I know it’s only been 4 days but we’ve been getting nothing but bad news.

On KSR this morning, they said they think we have 5 guys set but gave no names. If it’s true, I wish they’d throw us a bone or two. I know it’s only been 4 days but we’ve been getting nothing but bad news.
Not sure where my previous post went. Pope is fighting the crap that Cal instilled here, and it wouldn't surprise me if other coaches are saying "I wouldn't go there if you're looking to get into the NBA next year". And then if they do talk with him they find out he's not NBA-first like Cal was, that the culture here has changed. It's a healthier culture we're putting into place, but a lot of these kids don't care about education, they want money.

Reactions: dl51344
We are going to be very good! I’m giddy that Cal is gone and it happened at the perfect time with this huge transfer portal. I’m not sure it will be like this forever, but for now, it’s chaotic & the wild Wild West.

Don’t panic. Pope probably doesn’t want to fill the roster while guys are still jumping in.

I’m patiently waiting on this Brea news for tonite. Hope it's news worth a ****
Spoiler: it wasn’t.

At some point we need to collectively all agree that anyone outside of Kyle Tucker or one of the national guys cant be trusted when they tease news. These other random “media” dudes are just taking advantage of our hunger for anything Kentucky and throwing shit against the wall

Just an all around crappy news day for BBN.

No Coach O
No Reed
JQ headed to UofL

Pfffft.
That’s basically where this thread comes from. We have a coach that knows UK and is excited, new NIL infusion, and ample playing time. I was just hoping for some good news and it’s all been bad again for the most part.

I think alot of Cal recruited players got scared and worried they were going to have to start playing for the name on the front of the jersey instead of the name on the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐
Bye, Bye, Bye

Is May 1st the end to put your name in the transfer portal? Or is May 1st the time frame Pope has to land kids from the Portal?

I think we'll start landing guys next week. Probably three of them, in fact. Then we'll probably add 2 to 3 each week in the month of May.
The transfer portal closes in less than 2 weeks. We have to get this whole class pretty much done by then. So hopefully we start getting more good news.

We have lost like 14 players that could have been here next year. Of course with only 13 scholarships, some would have had to leave regardless. We've brought in 1 so far to go with the last remaining signee. I expect Burks to jump ship soon as well.

With all this money and playing time and I figured things would move a bit quicker. The stupid job postings having to wait 7 days probably screwed us. We needed a full staff as soon as possible. Hopefully the dominos start to fall soon. We need some positive momentum to get us through the end of April.

I know it’s early but I don’t like the fact that we couldn’t keep 1 signee or player on our roster. Now JQ may go to UofL. That’s a kick in the 🥜. I’m ready for some commits asap.
Seems not too may wanted JQ in the long run, I say it will take a few days. With NIL, these guys are checking out multiple schools for money and playing time.

The transfer portal closes in less than 2 weeks. We have to get this whole class pretty much done by then. So hopefully we start getting more good news.

We have lost like 14 players that could have been here next year. Of course with only 13 scholarships, some would have had to leave regardless. We've brought in 1 so far to go with the last remaining signee. I expect Burks to jump ship soon as well.

With all this money and playing time and I figured things would move a bit quicker. The stupid job postings having to wait 7 days probably screwed us. We needed a full staff as soon as possible. Hopefully the dominos start to fall soon. We need some positive momentum to get us through the end of April.
May 1st is the deadline to declare. They can commit after that point.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
5 players or coaches?

No offense, but some of y’all have zero clue how all of this will go down…

First off, Coach probably has a couple of key guys in the bag, but he’s NOT going to let anything happen until he can announce his staff first, which I think he already has in place as well!

As soon as his staff is able to be announced, the dominos will start to fall… I promise 💯

It won’t happen this way, but part of me would love if we just hit the basketball world with a complete roster in one swing. A ‘read ‘em and weep’ kinda thing. Again, won’t happen that way, but what a nut-swinging move that would be.

Hard to be patient but I think (hope) good news will start flowing after this weekend.

JQ to UL really bums me out
With the way players transfer out likely have a better chance to get him next year which will be a more productive year than his freshmen campaign anyway. Haven’t really seen him play and I know many are high on him but they were Bradshaw too. Not many of Cals big men recruits have been all they were hyped to be the last few years. High school recruits that is anyway.

I know it’s gonna be a slow process, but was hoping to hear about 1-2 public commitments this week. Is that too much to ask? Microwave society?

Yeah definitely hurts to see Reed go and the only staff hire is a coach who failed miserably at Georgia.

But hopefully next week is a snowball week.
I don't think he failed miserably at Georgia, but he did fail miserably at Cal. It sounds like he'll be here in the "GM" capacity, though.

Reactions: jmw23712
I know it’s early but I don’t like the fact that we couldn’t keep 1 signee or player on our roster. Now JQ may go to UofL. That’s a kick in the 🥜. I’m ready for some commits asap.
Pope needs to make a splash early. So far he hasn’t done anything except talk, talking won’t win games.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
I'd been waiting for about 5 years for some good news until Cal announced he was leaving. This is nothing.
Yep. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't care what happens next year. I'm just glad Cal's gone, and I knew because of his system that we would have to go through this regardless.

Of course I'd love to be good next year, but I've said for a couple of years that I'd sacrifice a year to get Cal out of here, so I'm going to be consistent with that mindset.

Reactions: know1
My phone just said stop updating Rupps every 30 secs.

Pop-Up Update GIF by Snap-on Tools

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT