ADVERTISEMENT

It would be nice to get some good news soon.

Hard to be patient but I think (hope) good news will start flowing after this weekend.

JQ to UL really bums me out

I know!! 😂 I have the patience of a squirrel! I’m ready for something good to happen already!!

Reactions: Fox2monk
I know it’s early but I don’t like the fact that we couldn’t keep 1 signee or player on our roster. Now JQ may go to UofL. That’s a kick in the 🥜. I’m ready for some commits asap.
You people are gonna drive yourself crazy expecting to hear what you want to hear when you want to hear it.

You people are gonna drive yourself crazy expecting to hear what you want to hear when you want to hear it.
I definitely won’t “go crazy” I’d just like to have some positive program news soon. It’s not like we have all the time in the world to wait to build a roster. It’s April 18 and the portal closes May 1.

I think we'll start landing guys next week. Probably three of them, in fact. Then we'll probably add 2 to 3 each week in the month of May.
I certainly hope so, I just don’t want it to get to the point we have to take random bodies just to play. I don’t wanna have to get excited about some dude who won YMCA MVP 2 years ago and now plays for North WeSt Mississippi Technical School in D3 and averages 14 a game.

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
The "press conference" victory lappers are still living off that.

99% of the news outside of the press conference has been negative.

Color me skeptical Mark Pope will compete next year.

And AGAIN, many other schools/new coaches have contended in YEAR 1. There isn't an excuse to not do it.

I think we'll start landing guys next week. Probably three of them, in fact. Then we'll probably add 2 to 3 each week in the month of May.

R.3a582868b52008296a8454ce7158fe69

Reminds me of Wolf of Wall Street

Bring us 2 martinis each. Then another 2 after exactly 7 minutes. Then every 5 minutes until one of us passes the eff out.

Except with recruits.
;)

lol here come the negative people. The portal just opened and kids are still in the portal. It would be dumb to get a full team with some good names still added. Lots of people are seriously I think are just John Calipari fans.

Reactions: dl51344
I know it’s early but I don’t like the fact that we couldn’t keep 1 signee or player on our roster. Now JQ may go to UofL. That’s a kick in the 🥜. I’m ready for some commits asap.

That's the thing, don't let people tell you "it's early, relax"

It's not early for other schools, not early for UofL who is apparently about to get a pretty big name for a brand new coach.

No one expects to get our WHOLE 13 man roster settled in the first week.

But we have Chandler and Perry, that's it. Chandler might not have left if BYU got their coach in time, and Perry is nice, but he's a Kentucky kid who also kind of left the door open to leave if needed. We lost every other recruit, every other player left.. and we've landed one guy in a sea of 1,000+.

Idk if we're just holding out for the elite guys or what, but I'm not exactly liking what I'm seeing.. I really want to see 2 more signed by end of this weekend or I think we're running into a problem.

The big time transfers still probably haven't entered the portal even yet. Louisville has 4 guys since when and Arkansas has just Z so far now. Lots of people are still on the table....

There's still big time players yet to go into the portal, better to not have a team fully assembled until we see the full landscape of the portal.

lol here come the negative people. The portal just opened and kids are still in the portal. It would be dumb to get a full team with some good names still added. Lots of people are seriously I think are just John Calipari fans.
Everyone should be very concerned at this point. Nothing good happening. This could be a Kenny Payne Louisville type of season.

The "press conference" victory lappers are still living off that.

99% of the news outside of the press conference has been negative.

Color me skeptical Mark Pope will compete next year.

And AGAIN, many other schools/new coaches have contended in YEAR 1. There isn't an excuse to not do it.
Did those guys have pretty much every player leave the team upon accepting the position?

We don't seem to have the luck with our guys returning like UNC, Duke, Kansas, etc do. I would assume the last regime didn't really instill any sort of school pride into the guys.
That’s pretty obvious, hell I know Reed is in a place where he basically had to declare but we couldn’t even keep the one kid who seemed destined to play here 3-4 years.

Reactions: catfan220
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT