ADVERTISEMENT

It’s 8:46 am. We will never forget

09D6EE0B-3E4A-4C24-8FAA-EFC57CCB8C75-e1662897997853.jpeg

So where were you the morning of September 11, 2001?

It was my very first day of teaching. I had no idea what was happening until I walked into a co-workers office just in time to see Flight 175 strike the South Tower.

I had been adding cash to the ATM machine at the bank I worked at and when we came in from the ATM room the other employees had the TV in the lobby on. Shortly after we started watching the 2nd plane crashed into the South Tower. We spent the rest of the day glued to the TV watching the chaos unfold.

Reactions: J_Dee

It was my very first day of teaching. I had no idea what was happening until I walked into a co-workers office just in time to see Flight 175 strike the South Tower.
On New Circle Rd on way to office. Before I left the house, the top story was Anne heche breaking up with Ellen DeGeneres

I had been adding cash to the ATM machine at the bank I worked at and when we came in from the ATM room the other employees had the TV in the lobby on. Shortly after we started watching the 2nd plane crashed into the South Tower. We spent the rest of the day glued to the TV watching the chaos unfold.
I started smoking that day

• Sad

At work at the office in D.C.
I still watch the various shows of that day every year. I won't forget.

Last edited:
On 9/11 I was eating breakfast. Our tv had some issue where when you turned it on the sound didn’t work until you changed the channel. Turned the tv on and saw the buildings on fire with no sound and was incredibly confused

This monologue by Letterman brings me to tears every time. He curses during this, but the censors didn’t block it (appropriately so)

The story about the Montana hs gets me in the feels

Tuesday, September 11, 2001.

I was in a Fiscal Court meeting.

I was 38 years old, my 4th year as County Attorney.

The County Treasurer walked into the meeting, and announced a plane had hit one of the twin towers. Someone asked how that was possible. I said a bomber had hit the Empire State Building in 1944 in bad weather.

No one knew the weather in New York City that day.

The meeting ended.

Most had gathered around a small color TV in the Treasurer’s Office when the second plane hit.

I shouted “We’ll **** someone up real bad for this shit.”

I went to my public office. We all sat in near-silence for hours, listening to the radio.

The phone rang once. Wrong number.

I bought and chain-smoked some Camel cigarettes, in my non-smoking office. We all smoked in doors that day.

My private office secretary made a note on the calendar “A Bad Day in America.” I have that calendar still, somewhere.

That afternoon, I walked to the 911 Center. I knew that there would be people losing their minds and we’d need to crank out EPO’s and mental health petitions.

I sat talking to the staff until 11:00 pm.

The phones and even the Police radios were virtually silent.

I drove home.

It would be another 18 days before an “after hours” EPO or mental health petition would be sought at that 911 Center.

I watched those towers fall for days, for weeks.

I can see them now.

The whole country seemed mesmerized by watching the scene over-and-over again.

Seymour Hersh's account of bin Laden's death might be a little off, but I believe it over the official version. Regardless of which of the two stories you buy into, though, Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden still got blown away by the C.I.A. and Navy SEALs during the Abbottabad raid, which is all that really matters.

One of the shows I've watched films a NY College student that said the building just exploded... there wasn't a plane, the building just exploded. Amazing how many people were wrong on that day.

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT