ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Harwell

Feb 12, 2013
Does anyone know whether Pope is recruiting Isaiah? Top 10 SG from Wasatch Academy in Utah.

Just listened to an interview and some clips. Sounds like an excellent team player. Haven’t heard his name yet.

No idea, but there are going to be many of the top recruits that I have the perception Pope won't necessarily pursue. It also seems he is targeting 4 stars as they may likely be more than the one and done Cal routine. We will and always celebrate 5 star commitments. But that type of roster produced zilch so hopefully we don't repeat that maybe with just 2 or 3 at best.

This will be a change for pope. Many players pope could land at byu will not be the best choices for pope at UK. Some will, I like the idea of developing really good players. He'll need to land 1 or 2 premier talents and mix hs and transfers every year. His mind reading skills will be put to the test as he tries to weigh which top talent is really interested and which folks are wanting a hat on the table. I consider the Boozer twins as wanting the UK hat on the table, not really interested.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
This class is so deep.

Got to grab some 4-stars in this class for the future.

I think Johnson, Brown, Yessoufou, Cenac, and Ament are the main OAD level guys he is pursuing.

Of course, Pope has to try with the Dybantsa, Thomas, etc. level guys, but I don’t see them coming to UK.

I think Johnson is going to be the guy he will build this class around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT