ADVERTISEMENT

Is UNC Significantly Worse Than Duke, or Has UK Significantly Improved?

we beat gonzaga who beat duke.....north carolina beat gonzaga.....it is hard to make comparisons.....but at the end of the year i think duke will be much better than carolina

congrats on your win today

sec 3-1 versus acc

We are no longer trying to play 3 point guards, and today let 1 play the majority of the time other than rest. And we look great. Instead of point guards turning the ball over, Hagans protects it, and then goes and gets 7 steals on defense.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
I would say a little bit of both but just a week ago UNC beat Gonzaga handily. This is what makes the college game fun to watch. You just never know.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I think it’s a combination of things. Bad matchup vs Duke vs good matchup with UNC. Hagans improvement at PG and Keldons emergence as a star. Combine that with a poor game plan (or no game plan) and Duke hitting on all cylinders.

Reactions: Catzman
we beat gonzaga who beat duke.....north carolina beat gonzaga.....it is hard to make comparisons.....but at the end of the year i think duke will be much better than carolina

congrats on your win today

sec 3-1 versus acc
I think UNC makes a deeper run than Duke in March.
Tennessee is cursed in basketball and will never make a FF although I believe they win the SEC

I think we really improved defense was great and they dismantled Gonzaga last week
I agree. We held them to 42% from the field, 72 pts when they were averaging 94 and out rebounded them 43-33 including holding them to 5 offensive rebounds which of course is how you have to finish defensive possessions.

I think UNC makes a deeper run than Duke in March.
Tennessee is cursed in basketball and will never make a FF although I believe they win the SEC

yes....we should.....we need to get turner back in the lineup though.....we miss his firepower off the bench

In November, when neither team has a clue how to play defense or can run any offense, the most athletic team wins. That's what happened against Duke, IMHO.

I think if we play in March, it will be much closer, though I think they still beat us because psychologically it's hard to recover from losing by 38. Mentally, that would be one gigantic hurdle to get over.

Honestly, I hope we don't have to play them again.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Duke was unconscious against us. It was a fluke. That said, we have improved significantly, especially on defense, and Duke is a bit better than UNC imo.

Reactions: gwjenning
I think we have made substantial improvements since the beginning of the season. I actually expect the Duke vs. UNC games to be close this year.
The Duke game was an anomaly. I’ve stated that all along. Play that game 100 times and that the only time it turns out like it did. Duke played out of their minds andnour guys didn’t know how to react. They thumped us but it was only due to a perfect storm. They aren’t as good as we made them look and we are much better than we showed that game.

Addition by subtraction - and Cal let them run today.

This could turn into the team we all thought we were getting at the beginning of the year and if they do this is going to be quite a ride.

Reactions: kgargus
It's still hard to tell where everyone is right now. Duke beats us, Gonzaga beats Duke, UNC beats Gonzaga, and we beat UNC. We have shown improvement though. Hopefully we continue from this game and beat UL.

The whole transitive Beat X who beat Y who beat Z means X kills Z doesn't work, at least not in college basketball, when matchups play such a big role.

As of today, I think Duke would beat either of these teams by 15+ because their D would turn all those turnovers into points. With UK, it's just hard for me to see where a long run in the tourney comes from. Just not a ton a talent starting and very little depth on the bench.

We got hit in the mouth against dUKe and didn't respond. They're good but not as good as they were that night. And we aren't as bad as we played that night.
This... It's just taken this team longer to find it's confidence and maturity. Can't say if they've found it or not after only one game, but I can say it's in there somewhere and this game shows it.

I don't think it is either/or. I think it is some of both. Plus, I have watched Puke play several times and when they played us, it was their best game of the year, by far.

Reactions: gwjenning
Duke stomped us, Zags beat Duke, UNC beat the Zags, and we beat UNC, go figure.

Cats took two steps forward today.

Duke is 20 points better than Heels. Will roll them twice.

Reactions: Neue Regel
The most important think is our D is so much better right now.Keep that up and we can compete with anyone.

Cats took two steps forward today.

Duke is 20 points better than Heels. Will roll them twice.
I think it’s foolish to say Duke is going to dominate them twice. They’re far from perfect. Duke is definitely not “20 points better”. They lost to a Gonzaga team that UNC beat convincingly. Sooo... no one is unstoppable.

Reactions: Aike
Duke isnt as good as the Duke that beat us. Every shot was falling and we couldn’t hit anything. It was just one of those games. Duke won’t play a game like that again this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT