ADVERTISEMENT

Is this who we are?

brianpoe

All-American
Mar 25, 2009
We played with great effort at the most difficult place against a top 5 team.

We stayed close with great hustle and determination.

I know some think Cutnets has hijacked my account but I am not slamming our team in any way. I am just afraid that I am hoping for more than some can give.

Who played poorly last night? They all played with a ton of heart.

Murray could have shot better and his defense could be better.
Tyler was outstanding.
Alex was outstanding.
Willis in his first big game was not bad.

These guys have proven that they can make plays.

Kind of like 2014, we saw that the twins could make plays, that Young did have great offensive talent, that Randle was a beast, that Willie and Dakari could rebound and play defense.

We all just hoped they would put it all together.

Here is my concern this year. We are hoping for things we have yet to see, 2014 had glimpses of each player and their capabilities throughout the year.

We have not seen Skal rebound well or play post defense (other than weak side blocks on layups).

We have not seen Lee ever have a solid offensive game other than put backs on the rim and his post defense has not improved.

Dom had 1 game in 3 years he scored well.

Briscoe had one game that he hit over 50% of his FT's and has made the same number of 3's as Hawkins with 7 times more minutes. (4, how can a guard make only four 3ptrs?)

I/we seem to be hoping for improvement from those who have yet to show they are capable to improve in these key areas.

They still help us out with what they give but is it enough to win several big games in a row?

Must we have Tyler, Alex, Murray and Derek play great every tourney game to advance?

I love the improvements thus far. I like the hustle and hard work.

Are we asking too much from players who havent exhibited the ability to do what we hope for?

The biggest thing with what we saw last night was we still have some issues to fix when we go on the road. They did things last night that they don't do at home. Some of the guys weren't focused so I don't think you can put as much stock as you're putting into the negative things.

UK won't be playing NCAAT games in Allen Fieldhouse so we are good.

This was a good loss, they will gain more from the loss than a win.

I'm honestly not in the camp that thinks Kansas is anything close to a "top 5" team. They are a lot like Duke. Pollsters give them the benefit of the doubt because of the name on the jersey, which means they don't move South on the polls when they really should.

Having said that, we are showing a lot of progress. I'm seeing a lot of nice things. We win that game if we avoid foul trouble. And I think we easily win 6 or 7 games out of 10 played against KU on a neutral floor.

Reactions: kat57 and brianpoe
Yeah, i think most agree.

I don't think Willis played well. He looked uncomfortable, he's the guy who also needs to play 30+ minutes. Not in the 20s. He fouled out way too quickly.

Alex was actually surprisingly good. His second half wasn't as good, but his first half was dynamite.

Skal is the big KEY. Now that he is even more perimeter oriented, it has caused him to be even worse of a rebounder. Reminds me some of the taller perimeter player in other school. They show shooting touch, but provide nothing for the team to win. I know what Coach Cal said, but i'm sure he's trying to figure out how to get Skal back in the post.

We played with great effort at the most difficult place against a top 5 team.

We stayed close with great hustle and determination.

I know some think Cutnets has hijacked my account but I am not slamming our team in any way. I am just afraid that I am hoping for more than some can give.

Who played poorly last night? They all played with a ton of heart.

Murray could have shot better and his defense could be better.
Tyler was outstanding.
Alex was outstanding.
Willis in his first big game was not bad.

These guys have proven that they can make plays.

Kind of like 2014, we saw that the twins could make plays, that Young did have great offensive talent, that Randle was a beast, that Willie and Dakari could rebound and play defense.

We all just hoped they would put it all together.

Here is my concern this year. We are hoping for things we have yet to see, 2014 had glimpses of each player and their capabilities throughout the year.

We have not seen Skal rebound well or play post defense (other than weak side blocks on layups).

We have not seen Lee ever have a solid offensive game other than put backs on the rim and his post defense has not improved.

Dom had 1 game in 3 years he scored well.

Briscoe had one game that he hit over 50% of his FT's and has made the same number of 3's as Hawkins with 7 times more minutes. (4, how can a guard make only four 3ptrs?)

I/we seem to be hoping for improvement from those who have yet to show they are capable to improve in these key areas.

They still help us out with what they give but is it enough to win several big games in a row?

Must we have Tyler, Alex, Murray and Derek play great every tourney game to advance?

I love the improvements thus far. I like the hustle and hard work.

Are we asking too much from players who havent exhibited the ability to do what we hope for?

Did not read.m that long ass post.

No.

Reactions: brianpoe
I can say this. . . if this who we are, it's not the best place to be in, but with this year's lack of a dominant team, it's not the worst place to be in either. After last night, and the last few games, I don't really know who would have a clear upper hand in the upcoming tournament. Who we are now may just be enough.

The biggest thing with what we saw last night was we still have some issues to fix when we go on the road. They did things last night that they don't do at home. Some of the guys weren't focused so I don't think you can put as much stock as you're putting into the negative things.

10 games.

We have 10 games left for the following to happen that hasn't happened all year:

Briscoe score from outside 15 feet.
Briscoe make free throws.
Skal learn to play post defense.
Skal learn to rebound.
Lee learn to play offense.
Lee learn to play defense without fouling out.
Hawkins to make outside shots (other than 1 game).

This next list can happen imo:

Murray improve on defense.
Murray improve on shot selection and decisions.
Alex become consistent.
Willis continue to improve.

This last list is great but without the prior one coming to fruition we have a short ceiling it seems.

there is no such thing as a good loss.

We went into The Phog, had the game tied with 9 seconds left, and had the ball. Ulis lost control of it, which almost never happens.

I mean... I don't know how you can be very upset at all. If i had said before the game that it'd be all tied up and Tyler had chance to win it in the closing seconds, regardless of how we got there, everybody in the Big Blue Nation would take that scenario.

Things happen. This team is getting better by the game.

nobody but the home team wins in that shit-shack. Plus, when is the last time any of us can actually recall executing effectively end of game, time running out short with a need to score? and THAT is a serious question.

I don't think Willis played well. He looked uncomfortable, he's the guy who also needs to play 30+ minutes. Not in the 20s. He fouled out way too quickly.

Alex was actually surprisingly good. His second half wasn't as good, but his first half was dynamite.

Skal is the big KEY. Now that he is even more perimeter oriented, it has caused him to be even worse of a rebounder. Reminds me some of the taller perimeter player in other school. They show shooting touch, but provide nothing for the team to win. I know what Coach Cal said, but i'm sure he's trying to figure out how to get Skal back in the post.
Pretty good assessment. I actually think Poythress is just now getting back his lateral quickness. It's only been a year since his surgery. Poythress should gradually continue to improve, and we are also getting leadership from Alex that is so important for a senior. Skal won't be an impact player until he has a chance to pack on more weight and muscle. Anything Skal gives us the rest of this year will be due to Calipari using him differently in the offense. But Skal remains a weak rebounder and weak defender who occasionally helps by rotating over from the weak side to block a shot. It's tough to tell the truth here about Willis because his gang of worshippers will get their shorts in a wad and retaliate. Willis has benefitted for 3 years in the program, and has made progress learning to move his feet and position himself. Right now, Willis is our 2nd best forward, while Lee has regressed. Willis played poorly yesterday, but he is doing the best he can. Labissiere and Willis just aren't physical enough to impact a game against a ranked team with a good baseline, and Lee doesn't have enough skills to do that. But we have a tremendous backcourt. I think all of our key players will be better a month from now.

We are about where most thought we would be from day one,we are just there in a different way

Skal was supposed to give us double digit scoring and 6+ rebounds a game,that hasn't happened.Willis was going be be a spot/mop up player not a guy that opens up the offense and gets 7 or so rebounds per game.

It has taken us this long to get to where we thought we would be in December,I think this team has a good season ending run left in it,if we close really strong we have a shot at a 3 or 4 seed,if we don't we are looking at a 7 or 8.

Skal is still the wild card he could catch fire going forward and make us a different team,Willis is kind of a wild card as well,he must continue what he has done the past few games.It will be difficult for Tyler to continue to do what he has done the last 2 weeks but I don't want to bet against the guy.We are going to get what we have gotten from the rest of the cast I think(Lee,AP, Murray ,Matthews and Dom are going to do what they have done thus far)

Where does this leave us in the big picture? Depending on how we finish somewhere between a decent shot and a chance to make the second week-end of the NCAAT after that it is a crap shoot and all about match-ups.

Last edited:
We should all sit back and enjoy the season, then judge the season by looking back on it after it is completed.

The saying, "it's a marathon, not a sprint" applies. I want them to continue to grow. We do not want to peak too early. We need to steadily get better and better. I think we are.

We want to have growing pains now and figure out all our issues before March, so they can be corrected.

If it is easy now, then we get to March and get punched in the mouth, then we won't know how to handle it.

We lost, but we played pretty well in a hostile environment. I am encouraged by that. We have not peaked, we are getting better.

I've said this elsewhere, but we are a team capable of making the Final Four rather than being expected to.

For all of our flaws, the imperfect team that played last night still held the ball with a chance to win, in a tough environment vs. a good team.

I can see us being in similar situations vs. similar teams in the rounds of 32, 16, and 8.

We aren't great, but we are pretty good.

Yeah, it's a lot more comforting to go into the tourney expecting to be favored by double digits in your first three games. Isn't going to happen this year. But it can still be fun.

And if somebody clips us in round 2 for a change, I get to turn the tv off and do something else. But I like Cal track record of putting teams in position to make winning plays in March. We'll see.

We must accept that Skal is a work in progress. Cal is trying to get his confidence back on offense, so he is running things to get him shots. His rebounding is terrible, so the next step is to work on that. We still have over a month to improve that.

Our team will be at its best in March, trust Cal to that. That is all we can ask for. If they are playing their best ball in March and somebody else is better, then so be it.

Thanks for making that post, Brian. That's the BrianPoe I'm used to seeing more of here on the Rafters, friend.

I'm gonna take some time to make a thorough reply here, so bear with me.

Perception is a curious thing, in my experience. I have to put everything into a proper frame of perspective before I make any real determinations about questions like the ones you're inquiring about, and the things we are ALL thinking about this morning.

If you know me, This is right around my 40th year following UK basketball as a true member of BBN. My earliest memories are of listening to UK play when we couldn't watch them on TV back in the early 70's (I was born on March 27, 1969, and my dad'd favorite UK team - he was a UK fan BEFORE Rupp was coach until his passing on Oct. 16, 1996. His favorite team was the runts, hence, you now know where my moniker comes from ...

RUNT69. (as in 1969)

I've seen a lot, experienced many seasons.

To give that more emphasis, my mom THANK GOD SHE IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL !!!! Is 85, born and raised in Corbin, and been there for all 8 UK titles......

So, I give UK fans such as myself, and yes, the blue hairs too .... a little bit of credit and leeway for being long, loyal and ABOVE ALL KNOWLEDGEABLE about the game of basketball and the Kentucky Wildcats.

**** end disclaimer !***** [winking]

I've been on this board for many years, in fact I started lurking during the earliest years of RR. I was truly younger then, and I was actually hesitant to make a account to even join in on the INSANE discussions going on - especially back then, times like the superheroes vs legion of doom was going on, and it was brutal, you had to have a thick skin to come here and post.

Seriously.

But I realized I had a lot to say, I just stayed mum for a VERY loooong time before the heady, much more positive days of "The Door" had us on here hitting F5 so much to refresh the page it broke the keyboard.

Strapping my big boy pants on, thickened my skin with years of self-abuse in watching the cut throat, "we eat our own on the rafters, because they don't call us RAFTARDS FOR NOTHING!!!" mentality, I began this account swearing I was not going to lose it and be a POSITIVE VOICE with years of experience demonstrated ONLY AFTER I had acquired SEVERAL THOUSAND POSTS here (and I only post only SO MUCH each year since 2008 - 2009 or so).

sorry for so many caps for emphasis, it's not meant as being talking down to anyone, please don't take it this way, my readers.

I hope that by sharing positive personal stories and good experiences will enrich this board. I only hope I am viewed this way in the community. I write alot to sportswriters all over the country, have a great (and even personal relationship I have fostered which makes me doubly proud with writers as people, as human beings.)

I try to come with that acerbic wit, muzzling my sarcasm and spiritual/political cynicism and thinking twice (TWICE!) before posting - always.

So, having said all that, here is my genuine, honest take, as I have not posted for much of the pre-season and early first-half of this season until right before and during and after last night's big game. I've just simply, purely, and with a great deal of satisfaction, after having the memories I'd just as soon forget of where we were before Cal got here.

I am back here now, in the midst of this Third (what I call) "Third Golden Era" of Kentucky basketball and share my opinions, respectfully treating all - and I do mean ALL - yes, I'm talking to the posers and baiters and trolls here on our board, don't think for a second I don't know who you are !!! *wink* you too, BBBlazing / ACCCARD FAN.....

- with respectful discourse.

This team is not not as bad nor as capable as some think, or of the kind of dominating teams we have recently had with Coach Cal. That much should be apparent to any level-headed college basketball fan.

Last year was the most dominating year of ball I saw since that UNLV team that went off before losing in the FF that year. As losing to one of the only two teams I considered even CAPABLE of beating Uk last year, much like Duke beating UNLV - and then look at that Duke team, the next year, in the 92 uk-duke game .... they won back to back and that was a GREAT Duke team. The best I'd ever seen.

And in that lost moment in 92' with The Unforgettables (they developed their talent, but it wasn't on the level of Duke's talent when they played that game ... They won on heart and soul and guts and hustle and effort. That's what made them great.

I knew that moment in 92 and said so loudly that UK was now back and that we would win at least 1 title within the next 5 years of that loss. Think about it the greatest Duke team in that moment of joy beating UK, when just before beating UK had turned into suddenly, a not-so-big-deal - or don't you not see a parallel between the beginning of that era and this one. They were giddy, and frankly, we weren't THAT talented, but we played with ehart and fire, and that's something Kentucky has ALWAYS had playing the game of basketball.

Draw the lines, make the connection, people.

And that, IN ESSENCE is what we all share as UK fans. It's why we have more wins than anyone. I give equal respect to a Kansas team and their fans, although the internet allows for all fans of all teams to be overly bellicose and belligerent, my personal relationship with them has been as great and knowledgeable fans I respect as much as anyone. Doubly for their long time fans.

We had a great game. We lost in their house. OK, that means we're 11-7 now in Allen Fieldhouse. NOBODY else can say that. And last night we weren't even EXPECTED to win. the real question was - "have we turned the corner on being another youngest team in the ncaa's under coach cal and get to where noone wants to see UK come tournament time - because excepting 13', the WORST we have done is an elite eight appearance (my GOD we are so spoiled under coach cal...)

The clear answer to that is a loud YES.

Where we go forward, I say, we should be, have to be, NEED to be POSITIVE about the direction, realize that everyone on this team needs to get better - and have a simple unshakable faith they WILL - because of the way they have played with effort and hustle, and guts and poise and a will to win since that Auburn game.

I suppose that's the most sincere and profound thing I have ever said about myself in a single, long rambling post, but I couldn't say it any other way here so as to be perfectly clear to anyone reading this, as I know MANY of you will - and do so with a mutual admiration for your input and discussion

So there. Maybe I should cut and paste this as another long rarely posted - started THREAD on the boards this year

I love you guys and women out here! I got love even for the Card fans - because I got family in Louisville I love, too, and they're Card fans, just as my many other family people are in Indiana, and I love them too.

Even my cousin Jerry, bless his little Hoosier heart. In fact, my dad (born in little glidas indiana, near Mauckport) was considered a heretic back in the twenties being a Kentucky basketball fan BACK THEN ! And then my brother going to UK and graduating (late 50's early 60's)

So we three little black sheep to the predominantly IU fans in my own family are considered traitors - hehehe. Look how golden we look now, carrying on BBN flags after almost 100 collective years)

But I digress.

This is about THIS YEAR'S Cats.

And hey, everyone, I'm chill, still battling cancer, but finally on disability and have some stability now that I got health care coverage, and I'm doing as well I have been in a long time with my brain cancer out of remission.

I seek no wish no sympathy. I love the well wishes from everyone, yes, that includes a personal email kent Sterling occasionally send me, as well as all my other *gulp, dare I say it * loved Indiana fans.

Ok I'll stop now. It's getting a little weird and I think I just kinda threw up in my mouth a little after those IU comments.

Maybe I'm getting soft at the end of my peak years ?

50 can't get here quick enough.

But I'm staying positive, beleiving Coach Cal is going to eventually bring another Title here, and damned set and etermined t be as poised, gritty with verve and determination and hustle, as a Kentucky team plas basketball to :

Enjoy the Ride !

Peace and love, brothers and sisters of Big Blue Nation !

(Don't expect me to throw up an"L" after that rah rah sis boom bah post)

Because I know it could be much much worse as a Kentucky fan, or could be a IU or Louisville fan.

Thank you, God.
- runt

Go Big Blue !

We must accept that Skal is a work in progress. Cal is trying to get his confidence back on offense, so he is running things to get him shots. His rebounding is terrible, so the next step is to work on that. We still have over a month to improve that.

Should also accept that Skal is the player he is, a skinny kid who didn't play much high school ball. He isn't going to improve in a month. Any differences in how fans perceive Skal's contributions over the next month will be a result of how Coach Calipari uses him in our offense. He will continue to be a weak rebounder and a poor defensive player, both of which limit his playing time. A year from now, Skal could be a much better player, but the competition will also be much better.

We went into The Phog, had the game tied with 9 seconds left, and had the ball. Ulis lost control of it, which almost never happens.

I mean... I don't know how you can be very upset at all. If i had said before the game that it'd be all tied up and Tyler had chance to win it in the closing seconds, regardless of how we got there, everybody in the Big Blue Nation would take that scenario.

Things happen. This team is getting better by the game.

We suck, Brian. Can't wait for your next thread!

First off I am not upset Seattle, and I never said we suck Chad,.

I'm just not confident that certain players will ever become what we need them to become in 10 games.

Looking back at the last 10 years the NCAA champion in the last game has done the following:

Out-rebounded every opponent.
Had a better FG% than every opponent.
Had a better FT% 8 out of 10 times.
Shot better from the 3pt line 70% of the time.

Against NCAA teams we have faced:

LSU beat us in every category.
Kansa beat us in 3 categories.
Louisville beat us in 2 categories.
Duke beat us in one category.
We beat Arkansas and ASU in every category.

Last edited:
we are still a work in progress, but the key word is "progress". We are getting better every week. The next big test is the SEC road schedule, especially College Station. I say that if we win them all, this is a Final Four team.

we are still a work in progress, but the key word is "progress". We are getting better every week. The next big test is the SEC road schedule, especially College Station. I say that if we win them all, this is a Final Four team.

We have 10 games left Jack.

We do have some NCAA challenges -

@TAMU, @FL, @USCjr, @Vandy maybe they make it

LSU at home.

Who do you see improving enough over 10 games to make us a FF team? (Not counting those we are already leaning on).

Just LOL at this thread. If you can't see we are much better then we were a few weeks ago you are a miserable person who only looks for the worst in things. Are we perfect ? No but in this year it doesn't matter . I thought last night would be our last or 2nd to last loss of the season and I stick by that.

Reactions: kat57
There is a sliding scale of probabilities for teams making the Final Four.

Last season, Kentucky was as close as you could get to a lock. Duke was heavily favored to get there, as were one or the other of Wisconsin or Arizona.

Who will be those dominant teams this March?

It won't surprise me if no team is more than 25% to make the Final Four once the bracket is announced. I suspect we will be close to 10%.

So it's somewhat of a crapshoot. We have a coach who knows how to do it. We have play making guards who have made plays on the biggest stages.

So I'm just going to have fun with it. I don't see the team out there that we should be scared of, whether it be in the Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight.

I would feel better if Ulis had dished to Murray for a game winner last night. But I remember Brandon Knight fumbling away a few winning chances on the road in 2011 too.

We have 10 games left Jack.

We do have some NCAA challenges -

@TAMU, @FL, @USCjr, @Vandy maybe they make it

LSU at home.

Who do you see improving enough over 10 games to make us a FF team? (Not counting those we are already leaning on).
Poe,
I think ur giving too much credit to the field.
What team(s) do you think can string 6 quality games in row?
IMO That team ain't walking through that door...this year.
Do we have a good chance to make the final four?
As compared to everyone else. I think so.
Of course the committee has the final say :)

Reactions: kat57 and brianpoe
There is a sliding scale of probabilities for teams making the Final Four.

Last season, Kentucky was as close as you could get to a lock. Duke was heavily favored to get there, as were one or the other of Wisconsin or Arizona.

Who will be those dominant teams this March?

It won't surprise me if no team is more than 25% to make the Final Four once the bracket is announced. I suspect we will be close to 10%.

So it's somewhat of a crapshoot. We have a coach who knows how to do it. We have play making guards who have made plays on the biggest stages.

So I'm just going to have fun with it. I don't see the team out there that we should be scared of, whether it be in the Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight.

I would feel better if Ulis had dished to Murray for a game winner last night. But I remember Brandon Knight fumbling away a few winning chances on the road in 2011 too.

well said, Aike. my thoughts exactly.

Reactions: brianpoe and Aike
Sum of the parts vs individual strengths and weaknesses.

Sure it would be great if all our players were complete players, but I think we may become good enough as a TEAM to overcome individual weaknesses.

Excited that we have a lot more games to work out the kinks. We're dangerous. I'm pumped. Even though we lost, this game will help tremendously, and it doesn't hurt our conference standing. Time to get ready for the next one. Go Big Blue!!

Just LOL at this thread. If you can't see we are much better then we were a few weeks ago you are a miserable person who only looks for the worst in things. Are we perfect ? No but in this year it doesn't matter . I thought last night would be our last or 2nd to last loss of the season and I stick by that.

You know Cane, it is amazing how many times you say "LOL at this thread"

After all the absolute homer BS predictions you make.

I have said we have improved but look where our improvement is.

That is my point. We were given glimpses of proven college performance by these guys and they have improved.

We saw that Tyler had some great potential. Showing it.

We witnessed flashes of Murray's abilities early on. Showed it several times, not last game tho.

We have seen Alex turn it on. Played great vs KU.

We had even seen Willis do some good things in the Bahamas. Has been doing very well.

We are hoping for these improvements but have no evidence that it could be there.

Briscoe shooting better.
We havent seen Briscoe shoot over 50% at the line except for one game all season.
He has made 4 3 pointers all season.

Skal rebound and play defense better.
Havent seen it yet.

Lee provide more on offense and be able to stay on the floor defensively against good teams.
Other than put backs - zero offense and terrible hands.
Defensive positioning still lacking.

Dom to shoot better.
Made 4 3's - all in one game - 3 years of no offense.

As good as the first 4 are can they carry us through a 6 game stretch with the bottom four playing as they always have?

We have no serious post threat.

Can be very bad from 3 on some days.

Can be terrible from the FT line.

We can do very well in each of these categories every now and then but with the lack of solid contributions it is not going to be easy.

Poe,
I think ur giving too much credit to the field.
What team(s) do you think can string 6 quality games in row?
IMO That team ain't walking through that door...this year.
Do we have a good chance to make the final four?
As compared to everyone else. I think so.
Of course the committee has the final say :)

This is the best post thus far.

We must have certain match ups for me to be more confident.

The field is awful and that is where my hope lies. Along with Cal and Tyler.

I still don't think this is a FF team. That's not too say they can't make it but I personally don't see it. I do see a team that is capable of making a run in March and I wouldn't want to see UK in my bracket if I was the opposition. Wouldn't of said that a month ago or even 2 weeks ago but this new lineup is working, even with all weakeness on defense it creates.

People have got to understand. This isn't a good defensive Cal team. Worst by far I believe. I don't see them suddenly getting it on defense. They have to out score their opponent

I still don't think this is a FF team. That's not too say they can't make it but I personally don't see it. I do see a team that is capable of making a run in March and I wouldn't want to see UK in my bracket if I was the opposition. Wouldn't of said that a month ago or even 2 weeks ago but this new lineup is working, even with all weakeness on defense it creates.

People have got to understand. This isn't a good defensive Cal team. Worst by far I believe. I don't see them suddenly getting it on defense. They have to out score their opponent

We were worse on D in 2014. We were far worse in 2013. Statistically, I mean. Possibly more valid than your belief alone.

And it's a safe bet to say we aren't a Final Four team. Again, statistically. The odds of getting there are long every year for almost every team.

Right now, you could make the statement that Team X won't make the Final Four, and you would likely be right, no matter who Team X is.

However, if you said that none of Oklahoma, UNC, Iowa, Villanova, or Maryland would make the Final Four - that would be a fairly bold bet.

Statistically, at least one or more of those teams is likely to make it. You could throw in MSU, or Purdue, or Xavier, but you get my point.

So, who is the scary team? Oklahoma, maybe?

Are you scared of UNC? Their defense is actually worse than ours.

Honestly, I'll take our chances.

I don't think we played our best. It might not be reasonable to expect to play much better than we did, but a lot of people were saying that a few weeks ago.

The bad news for Kansas is they won't be playing at Allen Fieldhouse in the NCAA tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT