ADVERTISEMENT

Is this Stoop's last season?

Not yet.
Maybe there are details I don't know, but we owe him 9 million for 7 more years.
Barnhart will retire. Kick the can down the road.
And new guy will get to hire his guy after next year.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Should be last year is his last season as he shouldn’t be coaching this team after todays debacle.

That wasn’t just bad. That was bad for a first year coach coming off probation. That was bad for a freshman team scrimmaging a varsity. That was bad for powder puff playing against the boys. That was as bad and embarrassing a showing as any in UK history.

And that’s not hyperbole.

Should be last year is his last season as he shouldn’t be coaching this team after todays debacle.

That wasn’t just bad. That was bad for a first year coach coming off probation. That was bad for a freshman team scrimmaging a varsity. That was bad for powder puff playing against the boys. That was as bad and embarrassing a showing as any in UK history.

And that’s not hyperbole.
And with the Transfer Portal where you're open to tons more players, beyond bad.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Unless Kirk Ferentz decides to retire at Iowa this year and Iowa makes the mistake of hiring Stoops, I don't see any way this is his last season.

Stoops needs to go! Donors are not going to put up with this crap and NIL is the name of the game these days. No money no players or not enough. His failure to recruit a decent HS quarterback and address offensive issues, then have the nerve to negotiate with TA&M is enough for me.

He will not get fired. He probably shouldn’t just yet. Even if he has a real bad season. But he will lose a lot of goodwill it seems. But Barney won’t make any sort of move on stoops. We just extended Vince and he and stoops are a duo.

If we keep playing this way, I only see three more winnable games left on the schedule. There is way to much talent on this team to be this bad.

Jerry-Clower-Shoot-Up-Amongst-Us-Gif.jpeg

He just had his Joker loss to WKU moment. He can’t recover. He got way too overconfident and feels like he’s done enough. Pull the plug sooner than later. He lost the majority of the fan base today

Reactions: entropy13
With his contract, I don’t see him leaving. He’s not resigning with the millions due to him. What is the buyout plus Sumrall’s buyout? Also, does UK go with another D first coach? Buying out Stoops, plus a new hire, probably pushes the limit into not probable.

12 years. It gets stale for everyone at just about anything 12 years in of doing the same thing/job. He’s got his millions, bourbon, horses. I’ll be appreciative of Stoops and his tenure, but it’s hard to see that he has any edge left to take this to another level again.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Y’all get hung up on buyouts

Misery supersedes all contracts, remember that guy Calipari

Misery is attached to Mark Stoops
Agree with this. He’s been mentally done here for 3 seasons. I mean he just hasn’t had the same life in his eyes. So even beyond not understanding how to incorporate offense after 12 years he needs out mentally and it’s been written on him. The issue is where can he go? He’s not getting anything close to what he makes here now and he’s not leaving it yet.

Reactions: law1127
Y’all get hung up on buyouts

Misery supersedes all contracts, remember that guy Calipari

Misery is attached to Mark Stoops
We get hung up on buyouts because Stoops contract is a legit reason to do so. I don’t know what his buyout is, but he has what, 7 years at $9 million a year? Not sure who is going to pay that. Like it or not, basketball still rules over football. We will be stuck with Stoops for a while.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
We get hung up on buyouts because Stoops contract is a legit reason to do so. I don’t know what his buyout is, but he has what, 7 years at $9 million a year? Not sure who is going to pay that. Like it or not, basketball still rules over football. We will be stuck with Stoops for a while.
Stoops will leave on his own just like cal did

Nobody wants to work where they are despised

Truth

Reactions: cat tat2
If this game was any indication of how we play the rest of the year.

If you want Stoops gone.

Fans need to pull another Vandy situation with 5k people in the stands if that.

Stoops needs to go! Donors are not going to put up with this crap and NIL is the name of the game these days. No money no players or not enough. His failure to recruit a decent HS quarterback and address offensive issues, then have the nerve to negotiate with TA&M is enough for me.
I'm a season ticket holder and I'm already not interested in next year. Not sure how this gets fixed with Stoops at the helm.

He will not get fired. He probably shouldn’t just yet. Even if he has a real bad season. But he will lose a lot of goodwill it seems. But Barney won’t make any sort of move on stoops. We just extended Vince and he and stoops are a duo.
I think a lot of the goodwill he'd gained over the years with fans, myself included, wore out between the "pony up" comment and the attempt to abandon ship. I appreciate what Stoops has done, but it's a Cal situation. The best years seem to be behind us now. Time to maybe think about the next stop.

Reactions: law1127 and 3632
I just think Stoops has done what he can here. There's been some fun moments along the way. But he already tried to leave for A&M and you know he's thinking of getting out the door sooner rather than later. Problem for us is if he has a bad season no one is going to be knocking on his door for a coaching vacancy.

Low attendance is the one thing that moves the coaching needle.
That's true, but also since the rules have been drastically changed, money is also key. If the Crafts and other big boosters start pulling back on the players payrolls, that could really push hard towards a change, although I'm not ready to go there after one horrible game.

I just think Stoops has done what he can here. There's been some fun moments along the way. But he already tried to leave for A&M and you know he's thinking of getting out the door sooner rather than later. Problem for us is if he has a bad season no one is going to be knocking on his door for a coaching vacancy.
That attempt to escape UK was the canary in the coal mine. He may have known what was coming up in his ranks.

Hate to break it to you, but our Plan B just choked away a win as well
Yeah…tough loss for them, but they had the ball on the 2 yard line in the final minute two tie the game against the #17 team in the nation. Tough loss but give me that scenario over what we did today any day of the week. Sumrall is going to continue to be a big time winner imo.

Sumrall over Stoops any day of the week. When the offense was huddled during a timeout after we fell behind 17-6 Stoops never entered the huddle. Not sure he is a very effective leader at this point.

Reactions: CapitolHillCat
Don’t forget the vacated wins.

Reactions: NerlensCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT