ADVERTISEMENT

Is no news good news as far as Z coming here ?

MJ just said on KSR that it's looking more bleak for the kid to return.

Matt was told the kid is refusing to retake the test because other schools have told him they would get him enrolled without having to take any test. So now it's just up to UK. Just a complete **** up by our admissions.

Matt was told the kid is refusing to retake the test because other schools have told him they would get him enrolled without having to take any test. So now it's just up to UK. Just a complete **** up by our admissions.
Can’t blame the guy if he goes elsewhere at this point. He committed Aug 1 and is still in limbo.

Tick...tock...tick...tock...

Hard for me to see him coming here at this point. I'm not sure what could change now that wasn't going to already.

With this situation and the uncertainty of Bradshaw and Onyenso being ready to go to start the season, we could be looking at Mitchell and Burks at the 5, at least initially.

If so, can Cal be successful running a small ball team?
about as successful as Kerr was in FIBA

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

I don't blame him. Why go to a place that is making you jump through hoops when another school is saying we'd love to have you. Freaking ridiculous and extremely piss poor job by UK admissions.

I would have already told them to pound sand in as clear English I could muster up and say “any trouble reading that” and say see you on the hardwood for one of your rivals.

This will be used against us in the future with other recruits. Bank on it.
It will and should be tbh. Sad. Someone's ego got in the way of admitting a decent kid and player.

Maybe we still get lucky, but I'm growing more doubtful by the minute.

Our basketball program keeps ending up like:

images

Kid will not be hete. Just another example of UKs decline. Ultimately this one goes on U President whose indifference to basketball program now obvious

Reactions: jauk11
Different people have different jobs and play different roles.

Cal is just a coach. HIs job is to recruit the kid and make UK an attractive place to play.

lol i understand the frustration especially with Cal over the past few years but everyone is so quick to blame everything on him.

Who is else is to blame? Cal is the captain of the ship.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Cal has earned his share of blame for many aspects of the program, but this situation isn't one of them. This one is on UK I think.
Cal gets cover from the University screwup over his mishandling of the transfer portal and lack of recruiting big men. He can now say, "See? I got the game changer and THEY screwed it up! Not my fault!"

With this situation and the uncertainty of Bradshaw and Onyenso being ready to go to start the season, we could be looking at Mitchell and Burks at the 5, at least initially.

If so, can Cal be successful running a small ball team?
No, he can't. This screws up everything. I'm tired of our UK teams always being one player away from truly contending.

This is a joke and will totally deflate our summer momentum. Typical Cal Post-Wisconsin Game Era Nonsense.

No, he can't. This screws up everything. I'm tired of our UK teams always being one player away from truly contending.

This is a joke and will totally deflate our summer momentum. Typical Cal Post-Wisconsin Game Era Nonsense.

I feel the exact same way. I was growing some level of excitement for this coming season. It’s been hard enough to be a fan the last few years, but now that our own administration is sabotaging the program, it’s hard for me to support anything involving the University of Kentucky after this.

As a former student and knowing what a joke the acceptance policies are, taking a moral high ground after the handling of the Sharpe situation is going to be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Cal has earned his share of blame for many aspects of the program, but this situation isn't one of them. This one is on UK I think.
Not buying it. What other Hall of Fame Coach in the history of the game would have faced this issue at his university?

There's your answer about whether or not Cal should shoulder some of the blame on this one. It's just another mark of the utter incompetence our program has been led by over the last few years, and Cal is the conductor of this terrible symphony.

Kid will not be hete. Just another example of UKs decline. Ultimately this one goes on U President whose indifference to basketball program now obvious
Agree, don't see how the kid will ever be here. It is safe to say we fans don't know and will never know the real story. How does he get into another school for the coming season? If he does then the UK program is more of a laughingstock than it already is.

So is Big Z the next Gunther Benke or Ivan Renko?

Agree, don't see how the kid will ever be here. It is safe to say we fans don't know and will never know the real story. How does he get into another school for the coming season? If he does then the UK program is more of a laughingstock than it already is.

So is Big Z the next Gunther Benke or Ivan Renko?
Big Z has Porzingis-level potential. If he gets anywhere close to that, while Sharpe simultaneously blossoms into a perennial all-star, just wait for the resentment from BBN.

I freaking hate what the Cal era has become. He's been in a zero strike mode since the 9-16 season, and he's followed that up with St. Peter's, the 2nd round loss to KSU, Sharpe, and now the Ivisic nonsense.

If Ivisic isn't on the court this season, Cal needs to pack his bags and get the heck out of Lexington. His welcome will officially be done here.

Reactions: jmw23712
Blaming Cal for this one is stupid.
If there was a blame pie graph, Cal only gets about 20% of the blame, but he still gets some blame. He's the head coach at UK. Do you think Coach K would have had this issue at Duke? How about Self at Kansas or Roy at UNC? Not a chance.

If he can't use his pull to get a kid like Ivisic through the gate keepers, after 13 freaking years on the job, then he's more impotent than any of us could have dared to believe.

Not buying it. What other Hall of Fame Coach in the history of the game would have faced this issue at his university?

There's your answer about whether or not Cal should shoulder some of the blame on this one. It's just another mark of the utter incompetence our program has been led by over the last few years, and Cal is the conductor of this terrible symphony.
As much as Cal shoulders a lot of blame, he cannot control his boss and his boss's boss. An example would be you going to your boss, and saying, "Hey, I found a good person to join our company." Your boss says, "Great! We will start the paperwork." He sends it to HR, and HR finds a small gap in his work history that would normally cause no issue. HR says, "No, no acceptable." You go back and forth with your boss and HR and they won't budge. You mention it to CEO and he just doesn't want to get involved. Dude gets tired of waiting and goes to another company. Was it your fault the guy didn't get hired or the company as a whole?

Sometimes bureaucracy will screw you. And it certainly did here. Now, you can say, "Cal didn't have enough good will." And that's probably true, but in this situation the true ass is HR (or UK's Admissions)

If there was a blame pie graph, Cal only gets about 20% of the blame, but he still gets some blame. He's the head coach at UK. Do you think Coach K would have had this issue at Duke? How about Self at Kansas or Roy at UNC? Not a chance.

If he can't use his pull to get a kid like Ivisic through the gate keepers, after 13 freaking years on the job, then he's more impotent than any of us could have dared to believe.
IF UNC or Duke dug in their heels? YEP. Now, UNC is a bad example due to they didn't give a crap about rules.

Duke? Well, K was an asshole. But a tyrannical asshole that most people didn't want to deal with so they did what he wanted.

Sure, Cal can shoulder some of the blame. But trust me, for seeing the absolute ineptitude of educational bureaucracy sometimes you just freaking lose and there's nothing you can do. Especially if some pissant know so and so's uncle and won't budge.

As much as Cal shoulders a lot of blame, he cannot control his boss and his boss's boss. An example would be you going to your boss, and saying, "Hey, I found a good person to join our company." Your boss says, "Great! We will start the paperwork." He sends it to HR, and HR finds a small gap in his work history that would normally cause no issue. HR says, "No, no acceptable." You go back and forth with your boss and HR and they won't budge. You mention it to CEO and he just doesn't want to get involved. Dude gets tired of waiting and goes to another company. Was it your fault the guy didn't get hired or the company as a whole?

Sometimes bureaucracy will screw you. And it certainly did here. Now, you can say, "Cal didn't have enough good will." And that's probably true, but in this situation the true ass is HR (or UK's Admissions)
Cal has a job to do. He could have been working the channels all summer. We found out Ivisic has been getting recruited for most of the summer by UK.

Cal's job is to get the job done, by any means necessary. I'm sick of the excuses. He simply hasn't accomplished the duties of his job. This is just another example of a guy who's obviously out of his league now.

• Haha
Reactions: mdlUK.1
Cal has a job to do. He could have been working the channels all summer. We found out Ivisic has been getting recruited for most of the summer by UK.

Cal's job is to get the job done, by any means necessary. I'm sick of the excuses. He simply hasn't accomplished the duties of his job. This is just another example of a guy who's obviously out of his league now.
I don’t lay this one on Cal. But, I do think this shows how he has fractured many relationships. No one is really going out of their way to help him. Which sucks, because it ultimately hurts the program.

And you got some clown on YouTube yelling that UK is getting it done on the court and in the classroom. What a joke.

Reactions: Mike-D
It will and should be tbh. Sad. Someone's ego got in the way of admitting a decent kid and player.

Maybe we still get lucky, but I'm growing more doubtful by the minute.

Our basketball program keeps ending up like:

images
Will be interesting to see BBN dig around and find out the admin person that's roadblocking this is actually a UL grad....I wouldn't be surprised...

His last team was a pro team, before NIL, no way this kid plays, NCAA would get into this. Now days it's more wide open, thus Cal recruited him, but… this is the classic example that there's still hiccups if the kid has no high school education equivalency. 90% on here are 'don't even try to pretend our players are student athletes." But administration isn't ready to cave on that yet. Does anybody remember what happened to Memphis when they defiantly played a player the NCAA hadn't cleared?

His last team was a pro team, before NIL, no way this kid plays, NCAA would get into this. Now days it's more wide open, thus Cal recruited him, but… this is the classic example that there's still hiccups if the kid has no high school education equivalency. 90% on here are 'don't even try to pretend our players are student athletes." But administration isn't ready to cave on that yet. Does anybody remember what happened to Memphis when they defiantly played a player the NCAA hadn't cleared?
ncaa already gave the ok

screw our admissions department, with this stupid bs, I think it’s safe to assume he doesn’t play here. Watching wherever he goes now get him eligble in less than a week

He was already cleared by the NCAA, this is 100 percent on the admissions department

Reactions: NociHTTP and jauk11
You know what guys? If he’s not eligible to come to UK Id rather have an admissions dept that is honest than one that sells their souls to the devil.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D
Funny how you never read about other top basketball programs having an issue like this. Would like to see who the human being is that is worrying about a foreign basketball player enrolling. Barnhart must have little influence on a situation like this. A kid wanting to be here but one little academic thing can't be worked out in some way.
Barnhart must have very little influence or no influence. Remember the influence he had on the football program with a decade of NO facilities improvements, while the rest of the SEC was putting money into football, THE money cow.

Reactions: NociHTTP
this guy was a calipari propaganda special. He was never gonna play at uk. Just cal attempting to appease the masses with his illusionary magic tricks.” Now you see it, now you don’t”
I still think it is a shame we don't have a dislike option on posts.

You know what guys? If he’s not eligible to come to UK Id rather have an admissions dept that is honest than one that sells their souls to the devil.
Selling your soul to the devil seems like an exaggeration to me. Lots of foreign players get to play here, maybe one of the problems with him is that he is too good. look at what some of the other cheaters have done.

Anyone want to tell me who Z is? Is he on the roster?
Seven foot two, eyes of blue, has anyone seen my.

No, he is a YOUNG seven foot two Eruopean prospect that could make about any decent team in America a real candidate to win the NC. I would be very disappointed if he isn't cleared to come here, pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem anywhere else.

What about him enrolling in the second semester, would he still be eligible for the tournament? He could still practice with the team if eligibility would be cleared up later, doubt if he is as devious or has the same handlers as our last cheater.

At this point, I don’t see any way he is eligible to start playing next month. Best case, he can start in January……my guess is he goes somewhere else that started later.

This seems like an odd thing for the UK admissions dept to stand their ground on. Let’s be honest UK isn’t exactly an academic powerhouse.

At this point, I don’t see any way he is eligible to start playing next month. Best case, he can start in January……my guess is he goes somewhere else that started later.

This seems like an odd thing for the UK admissions dept to stand their ground on. Let’s be honest UK isn’t exactly an academic powerhouse.
If it is January I would still be very glad to get him for the tourney. Sounds weird that we can't get him in with this big a head start and some other school might make him eligible this late in the game. But I can name several schools that probably wouldn't have a problem doing just that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT