ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time to stop disliking Calipari and wish him well

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
I know over the last few years I've been about as hard on him as anyone on here has. But let's look at it this way.

1. He didn't force UK to fire him & pay him the 33 million dollar buyout.

2. These last several seasons didn't go the way any of us wanted. No one wanted to win & advance deep into the NCAA tournament anymore than Calipari did. He did the best he could do. He didn't lose these games because he wanted to.

3. He coached here 15 years and not even a hint of scandal. He never did anything to embarrass the BBN & the UK basketball program. he ran as clean a program as anyone could.

4. The recruits he brought in here were all top notch high character young men. None of them did anything while they were here or after they left here to embarrass the UK basketball program.

Maybe it's time we, myself included gets off his back

John Candy No GIF by Laff

I know over the last few years I've been about as hard on him as anyone on here has. But let's look at it this way.

2. These last several seasons didn't go the way any of us wanted. No one wanted to win & advance deep into the NCAA tournament anymore than Calipari did. He did the best he could do. He didn't lose these games because he wanted to.

3. He coached here 15 years and not even a hint of scandal. He never did anything to embarrass the BBN & the UK basketball program. he ran as clean a program as anyone could.

4. The recruits he brought in here were all top notch high character young men. None of them did anything while they were here or after they left here to embarrass the UK basketball program.

Poor attempt at gaslighting.

I just honestly don't care about him. I hope he goes there and just leaves us alone. Just enjoy your last ride and be thankful for the ride you had here.... and we are all good... But I don't think his ego will let that happen.

Kentucky fan rule Page 24 section 8 states:

Love from UK fans for former coaches, with the exception of UK coaches who are alumni, shall not be granted to former UK coaches until one job removed from the job they left Kentucky for. Disregard if coach is fired for alcoholism or cheating, in which case they shall not be mentioned.

You knew this would stir shit up. Kind of a douche post.

1. He intended to force us to pay him the 33 million. He's point blank said it before. He broke his contract. He tried to come back. Kentucky told him it wasn't salvageable. He didn't intend to do us a single favor.

2. I don't believe the phrase "No one wanted it more than Cal." Cal has said his mission is bigger than wins and losses. It's about helping kids achieve their dreams of the NBA and generational wealth. Cal's #1 goal was the NBA. His #2 goal was proving to everyone he was right. He was willing to lose (and he did lose) to try to prove he was right.

3. That's great. He did the bare minimum that all coaches are asked to do.

4. Cool. Lots of coaches do this. Another bare minimum thing.

I don't hate the guy. I'm sick of him. His last 4 seasons were failures. He spent the night with another girl, and when his wife found out, he decided he was happy at home after all. I hopoe he enjoys the bed he made.

He didn’t force us to fire him and saved us $33M. Yeah, true. But his initial intention was to strong arm the AD into getting something else he wanted. He treated the average fan like shit. So, no. We need to keep hating him for a while. Not even close to enough yet.

Have at it but I will always dislike him. I wish there would be no more threads here about him as I try to erase his stay from my memory. He was here for all of the wrong reasons and ruined quite a few seasons because he was so stubborn. Respect everyone else’s opinion but I am so glad he ‘s gone and I will never consider him one of the Big Blue.

If he took a non rival or SEC job then he would be forgotten n I wish him best n bye. He decided to coach a SEC. Rival team to "show us" . Tough to stop disliking after that. I know the good Lord says to but is isn't easy.

1. No points here. He knew next year was going to be tough so he bailed like the chicken shit he is (although glad he did)

2. Don’t believe this either or else he would have, well I don’t know, maybe tried harder. Little things like preparing for games, starting your best players and keeping productive lineups in together as much as possible.

Agree with numbers 3 and 4. But 1 and 2, for those reasons I’m out!!!! The answer is NO!!!!

i always liked cal and i don’t think his departure could’ve been any neater for everyone concerned.
having said that i’ve been wanting him gone for at least the last four years.

Rationalize it all you want. Colin Cowherd was right...Gonzaga, Nova, Uconn, etc...all better programs now, because of Cal's constant salesman players first/me first bullshit...more "me first" than players first.

Seemed like a good idea at first, but even if we were still winning...I couldn't recognize the program anymore. All became about status, celebrity, and the draft. And that was obvious a decade ago.

Im grateful for the players. But that "altruistic" charlatan can gfh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT