ADVERTISEMENT

Is Houston that good or Kansas that bad?

I don’t know if Houston can score enough to beat us honestly. Make no mistake they are very good, there defense is absolutely one of the best I’ve ever seen and they would be a tough game but I like how we matchup with them.
Totally agree. Houston is a bunch of athletes, but they are not consistent shooters. That was what killed them in 2019, and they have the same problem this year. That was why KU beat them down a month ago. If we play like we did today, we win by at least 9 on a neutral floor.

Last edited:
Teams change over the season.

We would kick their asses now.

The committee decided to take the last 10 games metric out a few years ago.

Dumb move.

Now they just seed with nerd numbers.

I don’t know if Houston can score enough to beat us honestly. Make no mistake they are very good, there defense is absolutely one of the best I’ve ever seen and they would be a tough game but I like how we matchup with them.
The defense will be the difference

KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Houston is legit. Tons of people expected them to fall off a bit now that they're in a power conference, but they've proved everyone wrong. They've been legit for a few years now, and their weaker conference had nothing to do with their success. Sampson is one of the best coaches in America.

Houston is legit. Tons of people expected them to fall off a bit now that they're in a power conference, but they've proved everyone wrong. They've been legit for a few years now, and their weaker conference had nothing to do with their success. Sampson is one of the best coaches in America.
Kelvin was never that good @ Oklahoma...

Kelvin was never that good @ Oklahoma...
He made a Final Four and Elite 8 at Oklahoma, but that was also 20 years ago. Some coaches don't really figure it out until later in their career. He looked to have put Indiana on a great path until they fired him. If he stayed there that program would probably be on of the best in the country right now.

Or IU…..
He only had two years at IU. He was 21-11 his first year and then 22-4 his second before he was fired midseason. He would have had that program rolling in a few years if he stayed. Not many coaches have taken two schools to the Final Four had he's done at at Oklahoma and Houston, not exactly basketball powerhouses.

Reactions: dl51344
He only had two years at IU. He was 21-11 his first year and then 22-4 his second before he was fired midseason. He would have had that program rolling in a few years if he stayed. Not many coaches have taken two schools to the Final Four had he's done at at Oklahoma and Houston, not exactly basketball powerhouses.
Don’t get me wrong. He’s a great coach. Just odd that he’s kinda been just ok at a couple other schools and it’s now killing it down there

One big dude and we win that game. We dominated them most of that game. Did our typical collapse but didn’t know how to finish yet. We would beat Kansas by 20 right now.
Still not sure we have learned how to finish. Blew an 8 point lead with .57 to play at Miss St. a d of course today almost blew an 11 point lead in .55 and they had a shot to tie the game. Pulled both out however which is a step in the right direction but still putting ourselves in that position is not a way to close out games.

Still not sure we have learned how to finish. Blew an 8 point lead with .57 to play at Miss St. a d of course today almost blew an 11 point lead in .55 and they had a shot to tie the game. Pulled both out however which is a step in the right direction but still putting ourselves in that position is not a way to close out games.
No doubt, I don’t know why we don’t handle pressure with a big lead. It’s what it is but we need to refine that this week.

Reactions: NociHTTP
He is an outstanding coach, with compliance issues. As compliance becomes less relevant, he should continue to succeed.

Houston is probably THE BEST team in the country when it comes to managing clock. They whittle it down, and then score. They'll break you physically, so if you're in any sort of hole it's next to impossible to claw back for a win.

While I think Houston is very good, that beatdown is more about Kansas just being a shadow of the team they were when they beat us.

They're limping into tournament season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT