ADVERTISEMENT

Is Heaven Real Doctors who say they've been there

EastKYWildcat,
There are two types of evidence: anecdotal and empirical. Since the whole point of religion is for one to believe without being able to touch, see, smell, or hear God, empirical evidence will likely never be entered into any religious debate or discussion.
However, almost all historians agree that Jesus of Nazareth existed. Whether or not He was the Messiah is a matter of faith. I will say this: every other religious prophet has a tomb and a corpse. Where's Jesus?

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I will say this: every other religious prophet has a tomb and a corpse. Where's Jesus?

Tumblr-image-FINDING-JESUS-1024x781.jpg

Heaven? You mean the place that is supposed to be perfect, with no sin? The same heaven that had a war? The war started by Satan? Satan had "legions" of followers for his army, fighting against God's legions.

Now, how did this great war even begin if heaven is perfect? How do we know another one isn't going on right now? How do we know another one won't begin next week? Next year?

I was raised in a Christian home, and this is only one of many things in the bible that make zero sense.

Heaven? You mean the place that is supposed to be perfect, with no sin? The same heaven that had a war? The war started by Satan? Satan had "legions" of followers for his army, fighting against God's legions.

Now, how did this great war even begin if heaven is perfect? How do we know another one isn't going on right now? How do we know another one won't begin next week? Next year?

I was raised in a Christian home, and this is only one of many things in the bible that make zero sense.

Reactions: crpoore
For those that like to dig deeper into how quantum physics defines reality and the role of consciousness I suggest books and videos by Dr. Fred Alan Wolf and Dr. Deepak Chopra

I would strongly recommend against this; this is Buddhism repackaged for the western mind via scientism.

If one isreally interested in that sort of philosophy, you would be better served by going straight to the horse's mouth not mixing Buddha with Lawrence Krauss.

Yeah and Sam Harris is a neuroscientist and says there isnt a heaven...so

If you give Harris's claims any merit, you have to accept his ultimate conclusion that you and everybody else are robots with no agency to make decisions, you have no free will only the illusions of it.

EastKYWildcat,
There are two types of evidence: anecdotal and empirical. Since the whole point of religion is for one to believe without being able to touch, see, smell, or hear God, empirical evidence will likely never be entered into any religious debate or discussion.
However, almost all historians agree that Jesus of Nazareth existed. Whether or not He was the Messiah is a matter of faith. I will say this: every other religious prophet has a tomb and a corpse. Where's Jesus?

The Christian claim is a unique one, and it is a massive claim compared to what other religions claim so therefore must be examined separately not lumped in with atheist claim of "I believe in one less god than you do" or merely discarded because of cultural problems you don't like.

I would strongly recommend against this; this is Buddhism repackaged for the western mind via scientism.

If one isreally interested in that sort of philosophy, you would be better served by going straight to the horse's mouth not mixing Buddha with Lawrence Krauss.

Quantum physics is not Buddhism, it's a branch of science albeit theoretical in many areas. Having said that the concept of an eternal soul, spirit, higher self or consciousnesses is a theme we see throughout most all faiths.
The fact that some of these metaphysical beliefs are now finding some level of validity in science is truly fascinating IMO.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Quantum physics is not Buddhism, it's a branch of science albeit theoretical in many areas. Having said that the concept of an eternal soul, spirit, higher self or consciousnesses is a theme we see throughout most all faiths.
The fact that some of these metaphysical beliefs are now finding some level of validity in science is truly fascinating IMO.

I know what quantum physics is; I can solve the Schrodinger equation for a constant potential but that's neither here nor there.

What I am saying is those writing are pure speculation and fantastical... They should be read more like science fiction than science fact, which is not how people read that spiritual mumbo jumbo woo woo for lack of a better term for it.

I know what quantum physics is; I can solve the Schrodinger equation for a constant potential but that's neither here nor there.

What I am saying is those writing are pure speculation and fantastical... They should be read more like science fiction than science fact, which is not how people read that spiritual mumbo jumbo woo woo for lack of a better term for it.

Not sure what writings you are referring to but I agree there are no shortage of self appointed web and youtube experts who can make some fantastic and entertaining videos and blogs based on pop science.

However for me personally I have read and seen enough anecdotal evidence that has pretty well convinced me that consciousness exists outside the physical body. People like Fred Alan Wolf do a great job of explaining how that might be possible in the context of what we know about energy and frequency at the quantum level.

EastKYWildcat,

The fact that there is no body of Jesus is basically the foundation of Christianity. The Resurrection and Ascension are the two most important tenets of Christian belief, so if there was a corpse in the tomb, Christianity is essentially over before it gets started.

However, the fact that there is no body is IMO evidence to support those beliefs. The Romans wanted nothing more than to suppress and destroy this new religion in its infancy, so all they would have had to do was produce a corpse and tell Jesus' followers to go home, he's dead. The fact that they didn't/couldn't says a lot.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Not sure what writings you are referring to

the whole gamut should be read for entertainment purposes only for endless reasons... we don't actually know the first thing about consciousness being probably the chief among them and that these new age gurus churn out the same book over and over so they can afford diamond encrusted eyeglasses probably next.

nothing to do with the material or not essence of consciousness, hell they could be right about their parallel universes and whatnot, but their theories are entirely speculative, not scientific just because the author has a background in science and uses scientific jargon

Look up DMT and near death experiences. Eerily similar. I believe reincarnation is a thing and the end of human life isn't the end of consciousness

That is interesting. What makes you believe this? I find the thought of reincarnation very... calming ? Or maybe the end of human life NOT being the end of consciousness is comforting. Any research/ book recommendations? (Genuinely curious)

DMT is interesting because it's in almost every living organism and it's believed to be released by the brain in large amounts upon death. There's a book by Rick Strassman titled DMT: The Spirit Molecule which goes into detail about the clinical studies he performed. There's also a documentary with the same name:

People who've had near death experiences and people who've tried DMT (you can extract it from plants) report extremely similar details of a place where souls and entities live. Most people immediately get the feeling that they've been there before so that's why I think we get reincarnated after death and life is an infinite loop. It's all very interesting stuff once you look into it

My thought is you might as well believe and have faith in case that's a prerequisite for getting in.
The worst that could happen is you're wrong and disappointed.

On the other side, if you beat your chest and don't believe in Heaven because there's no scientific proof, and you die and realize there is a Heaven but they won't let you in because you didn't have faith, well, you're screwed. I'll go with option A

Jesus didnt die to provide me , or you , fire insurance. Not wanting to argue or say I know everything , but Jesus wasnt hung on a cross after being beaten senseless , and spit on ,just so people can say a prayer of faith and be saved . Faith without some form of obedience wont get it , according to the book , if you believe the book . Book says " even the demons believe " and fairly certain that demons dont reside in heaven . Carry on

Flimsy attempt at an explanation , but If God wanted us to know every fact , and every thing about every issue , it wouldnt require any faith . I have no problem at all admitting I struggle with obedience to my faith , but I do believe 100% .

Jesus didnt die to provide me , or you , fire insurance. Not wanting to argue or say I know everything , but Jesus wasnt hung on a cross after being beaten senseless , and spit on ,just so people can say a prayer of faith and be saved . Faith without some form of obedience wont get it , according to the book , if you believe the book . Book says " even the demons believe " and fairly certain that demons dont reside in heaven . Carry on
You’re taking me way to seriously Dan. My comments were directed at Atheists. I was having a little fun with them. Relax, Jesus has a sense of humor.

You’re a solid poster, but I’m only totally serious about 20% of my posts.

How does one go about determining if they were just dreaming/imagining they were in heaven vs. really being in heaven? What’s the difference?

How does one go about determining if they were just dreaming/imagining they were in heaven vs. really being in heaven? What’s the difference?

It's been a while since I read his book, but if memory serves, Dr. Alexander reviewed his charts and test results after he woke up and determined that he was truly brain dead and therefore couldn't have been dreaming in a subconscious state.

Further adding to his credibility IMO is that he was not a believer and was investigating his own case to find a scientific reason for his experience. He couldn't.

Matter can not be created or destroyed. The energy/electricity in our brain is matter. When we die it’s not longer there. So if it can’t be created or destroyed where does it go? And what exactly is the energy/electricity in our brain?

Reactions: Deeeefense
You never hear of anyone coming back from hell, yet I’m sure bad people get brought back to life as much as a saved individual. I’m not saying there isn’t a heaven at all but I’m not buying the modern paradise visit. I think they dream and report that because you can’t tell me that god made an entire universe from nothing but can’t handle receiving logistics.

Can't remember who exactly, wanna say Pastuer, or P-something...anyway, asked if he believed in heaven by his athiest friend he replied "Of course. If you die, and are wrong, you go to hell. If you're right nothing happens. If I die and I'm wrong, nothing happens. But if I'm right..."

Actual experiment. Scientist decided to weigh a soul. He devised the most accurate scale technologically possible. On it rested a sealed chamber. The guy was near death, and climbed into the chamber, and it was sealed, no air could get in or out. Scientist died of asphixiation. At the moment of death, scale registered that what was inside the box now weighed less than before he died.
There's a whole field of apocryphal science that gets no press because most scientist are mental dullards governed by group think. But research occurs, and if you're really interested, you can find bits and pieces of it like bread crumbs through a forest.

Actual experiment. Scientist decided to weigh a soul. He devised the most accurate scale technologically possible. On it rested a sealed chamber. The guy was near death, and climbed into the chamber, and it was sealed, no air could get in or out. Scientist died of asphixiation. At the moment of death, scale registered that what was inside the box now weighed less than before he died.
There's a whole field of apocryphal science that gets no press because most scientist are mental dullards governed by group think. But research occurs, and if you're really interested, you can find bits and pieces of it like bread crumbs through a forest.
Why would a soul have weight?

The implication is something left the body, and got out if the box. As for why it has weight, I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with matter and energy being interchangable. I'd have to do hard searching to find the articles again, so if you're really interested, look yourself. Start out at places like Fortean Times web site. They link to all sorts of unexplained phenomena like rains of fishes, and frogs.

Honestly curious... how do you decide which bible verses to take literally and which not to take literally ? Is it a pick and choose type scenario?

No...understanding the old covenant, and the new under Christ's direction is where non-believers fail.

Who wants to live forever? Seems pretty arrogant and selfish.

I mean, I’ve been annoyed by my uncle for the 20 some odd years I’ve been old enough to have meaningful conversations. The guy tells the worst dad jokes, is dumber than a three-legged dog, and is now the creepy religious eastern KY type (the type that live in their secluded little bubbles and secretely hate blacks and Mexicans whether they realize it or not) after being the the veritable family “bad boi” for most of his life. He’s so dumb it literally gives me a headache looking at him. Can you imagine how annoying he would be after 400 years? How about 40,000 years of awkward Thanksgiving conversations?

Hard pass. I’m #teamsweetrelease people. Join the movement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT