ADVERTISEMENT

Is Heaven Real Doctors who say they've been there

Hard to convince me that these people don't believe they saw heaven. They obviously do.

I've read Dr. Alexander's book Proof of Heaven. It's especially convincing because he's a neurosurgeon and understands the scientific reasons why people could have near death experiences, yet is still confident that his experience wasn't just a brain glitch.

I personally believe there is a heaven.

Believers will user this as evidence to support what they already believe. Non-believers will continue to not believe unless they experience something like this themselves or have someone close to them experience it.

Basically, this stuff won't change anyone's minds.

Hard to convince me that these people don't believe they saw heaven. They obviously do.

I've read Dr. Alexander's book Proof of Heaven. It's especially convincing because he's a neurosurgeon and understands the scientific reasons why people could have near death experiences, yet is still confident that his experience wasn't just a brain glitch.

Believers will user this as evidence to support what they already believe. Non-believers will continue to not believe unless they experience something like this themselves or have someone close to them experience it.

Also read Dr Ebon Alexander’s book. Really opened my eyes to the possibility of reincarnation

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

I read this book also. My Mom had just died and I was really down. My Wife convinced me to read it.
It made me feel better.

As spiritual as I am, I'm still not a 100% sure what's going to happen when people die, and honestly, even the Pope isn't, though he would never admit it.

Good book for sure.

Last edited:
The biggest problem I have with this is it throws “doctor”in there as if that makes them more qualified to speak on something they don’t know about realistically. If the headline read, “Is Heaven Real Gas Station Cashiers who say they’ve been there.” it would be completely laughed at. My dad is a retired doctor and is religious but he has no effing clue what happens when you die.

The biggest problem I have with this is is throes “doctor”in there as if that makes them more qualified to speak on something they don’t know about realistically. If the headline read, “Is Heaven Real Gas Station Cashiers who say they’ve been there.” it would be completely laughed at. My dad is a retired doctor and is religious but he has no effing clue what happens when you die.
If you read the book you’ll understand why it’s important that the author is the equivalent of a scientist.

Reactions: crpoore
The biggest problem I have with this is it throws “doctor”in there as if that makes them more qualified to speak on something they don’t know about realistically. If the headline read, “Is Heaven Real Gas Station Cashiers who say they’ve been there.” it would be completely laughed at. My dad is a retired doctor and is religious but he has no effing clue what happens when you die.

Bingo.

Like I'm going to listen to "Dr. Oz". That guy said you can you lose weight from sucking dirty street nickels.

This thread made me think of this movie.
flatliners-1990-poster.jpg

If you read the book you’ll understand why it’s important that the author is the equivalent of a scientist.
Yeah and Sam Harris is a neuroscientist and says there isnt a heaven...so

People can believe what they want...I'm inclined to think theres no purpose for heaven. At least I'm convinced there is no hell...at least no fire and brimstone one.

Yeah and Sam Harris is a neuroscientist and says there isnt a heaven...so

People can believe what they want...I'm inclined to think theres no purpose for heaven. At least I'm convinced there is no hell...at least no fire and brimstone one.
Yeah, but Sam Harris never was officially dead and then came back to life. Not a good comparison.

Read the book and you’ll see why this is so interesting.

Reactions: crpoore
I hope my version of heaven is like a giant Hooters I get to hang out in all day. All the hot babes are rubbing their ginormous boobies all up in my face when they bring out my wings. They tell me I'm their favorite customer and I always leave a monster tip like 15% if they don't mess up. And the football games on TV are old school style where guys fly in blindly leading with their helmets to kill their opponent, not the weak two-hand touch shit we have to watch now. In the words of Bart Scott: "Can't wait!"

I won't believe until there is verifiable evidence that it exists. My athiest friend could have a near-death experience and claim with the fierceness of the heat of a thousand suns that he saw heaven and I would basically think he is full of shit.

I won't believe until there is verifiable evidence that it exists. My athiest friend could have a near-death experience and claim with the fierceness of the heat of a thousand suns that he saw heaven and I would basically think he is full of shit.

Yep, pretty much what I said. I guess that's why they call it faith. Nobody can prove with 100% certainty that there is or is not a heaven. Even these folks that said they saw heaven can't prove they did. It just boils down to your personal beliefs.

Yep, pretty much what I said. I guess that's why they call it faith. Nobody can prove with 100% certainty that there is or is not a heaven. Even these folks that said they saw heaven can't prove they did. It just boils down to your personal beliefs.
My thought is you might as well believe and have faith in case that's a prerequisite for getting in.
The worst that could happen is you're wrong and disappointed.

On the other side, if you beat your chest and don't believe in Heaven because there's no scientific proof, and you die and realize there is a Heaven but they won't let you in because you didn't have faith, well, you're screwed. I'll go with option A

My thought is you might as well believe and have faith in case that's a prerequisite for getting in.

On the other side, if you beat your chest and don't believe in Heaven because there's no scientific proof, and you die and realize there is a Heaven but they won't let you in because you didn't have faith, well, you're screwed. I'll go with option A
I would question whether you have true faith or not. At least I do in my situation.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
My Dad flatlined and had to be shocked several times before he came back. Doctors said he was gone for about a minute. According to him, when he "died" it was nothing but pure energy. Did not see Angels of anything like that. Just felt the energy of others who had already died and just felt a peace that was impossible to describe.

Reactions: BankerCat12
There is a lot of stuff on near death experiences you can pull up and watch on Youtube. Also in a separate but related concept is out of body experiences which are also not that uncommon. I think all of this points to the fact that consciousness survives physical death.

Beyond that quantum physics leads us to the notion that consciousness actually creates all physical reality or what we think of as reality but which actually just might be an illusion. So by extension what you experience beyond physical death is what you create by your own beliefs.

For those that like to dig deeper into how quantum physics defines reality and the role of consciousness I suggest books and videos by Dr. Fred Alan Wolf and Dr. Deepak Chopra

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
My Dad flatlined and had to be shocked several times before he came back. Doctors said he was gone for about a minute. According to him, when he "died" it was nothing but pure energy. Did not see Angels of anything like that. Just felt the energy of others who had already died and just felt a peace that was impossible to describe.
That energy he felt couldn’t have come from the paddles? Just throwing that out there

Reactions: 420grover and kev69
18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.
19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them.
20For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.
22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools.
23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies.
25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.
26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other.
27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.
28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done.
29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.
30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents.
31 They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy.
32 They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.

Signed. a Bible thumper.

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.
20For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.
23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies.
25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.
26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other.
27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.
28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done.
29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.
30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents.
31 They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy.
32 They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.

Signed. a Bible thumper.

Honestly curious... how do you decide which bible verses to take literally and which not to take literally ? Is it a pick and choose type scenario?

Signed. a Bible thumper.
I'm not trying to start an argument, but I'm not sure that all people with doubt fit that description. I wish that I knew it was all truth and fact, but I have some doubts.

I don't hate God, I keep my promises, I don't think I'm heartless or many of the things in the list.

Maybe when we die, that is it. Just like we no longer exist, like the time before we were born.

I don't know and a dead person has never told me.

Reactions: DidneyWorl

You would have a valid point if the only options were Christianity and atheism. But there are many other religions, so what then if Christianity is all a lie?

There are allegedly "credible experts" who claim to have proof that reincarnation is real, though from skimming this article I only see one by name but I could have missed one since I merely skimmed it.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/716499/reincarnation-REAL-proof-life-after-death

Signed. a Bible thumper.
That's way too much to read. My guess is God isn't the hardass that a lot of people make him out to be.

Live your life responsibly, don't kill or hurt anyone.

Work hard and be generous if possible. Yeah, you're going to make bad decisions, but if you learn from them and end up being a credit to society, you'll be fine.

This is what I believe is good enough in God's eyes.

That's way too much to read. My guess is God isn't the hardass that a lot of people make him out to be.

Work hard and be generous if possible. Yeah, you're going to make bad decisions, but if you learn from them and end up being a credit to society, you'll be fine.

Hmmm. I just reread it and it took about 90 seconds.

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT