ADVERTISEMENT

Is Ferentz retiring after bowl game today?

No particular reason to think he's going to, but you never know. Despite the prevailing narrative on this board, it's not inevitable that Stoops is hired there. It's very possible that Phil Parker has the job if he wants it.

Reactions: K_TIME
Who is out there who is available is a big step up from Stoops. Don't say 9m makes alot of coaches available, because if current school is happy they won't let him walk. Look how many coaches UF has gone through since Urban, and everyone thought Mullen was the guy when hired.
We are 7-6 the last 2 years, it looks like it will be the same for next year and beyond with the way stoops is coaching and the makeup of the conference. I would find it hard to believe that Stoops is just the best we can do like so many want us to believe.

Who is out there who is available is a big step up from Stoops. Don't say 9m makes alot of coaches available, because if current school is happy they won't let him walk. Look how many coaches UF has gone through since Urban, and everyone thought Mullen was the guy when hired.
I was at Kentucky during the Curry days so it’s taken decades to get over the PTSD of having him and thinking UK can get a good coach. Stoops has overcome many milestones and I appreciate a lot of what he has accomplished, however my support has been waning the last few years. I’m not calling for him to be fired, not that it would happen anyway, however if he left it wouldn’t bother me that much either. The transfer portal has significantly changed the landscape in what can be done at UK. I think they could get a good coach, and if it’s someone that could manage the transfer portal as well, would still be in good shape. My bigger fear is that Barnhart would be making the decision and I don’t have confidence that he would. He seems to have more PTSD about it than me.

Its possible since they forced him to essentially fire his son. IDK if there is animosity or how much. But Stoops would definitely be in the mix.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
Texas A&M was willing to hand out blank checks and settled for Mike Elko.

I'm not saying UK is top tier gig, but I think it's got some very attractive qualities.

One, we have the facilities now and are continuing to pump money into football on a level that we weren't even doing when CMS first started. He just got a football only practice facility, that was previously being shared and used by other sports.

The money is the money and it's only going to get better not only for HC but staffs as well which is a big piece nowadays. You can't just offer 9 mil to a guy, you've got to also tell him his whole crew is going to be paid better.

Also, I think what makes UK a bit more attractive now is that CMS has built a pretty solid foundation and it's not an overhaul like it was for Brooks, and even Joker to a certain extent.

Lastly, with the exception of Joker and Billy G, Barnhardt doesn't fire people, and Joker would've gotten a few more years or may even still be here had he just hung around 5-6 wins. I mean CMS only averages about 7.

MB has never been swayed by the mob. In any sport. Across the board he has historically given people time.

Texas A&M was willing to hand out blank checks and settled for Mike Elko.
Agreed. Sometime the guys who won’t leave for a bigger program is like random. How Mike elko lands Texas am gig is hard to understand.

Losing portal players all over..hard to see him succeed in first few years

Reactions: gojvc
We are 7-6 the last 2 years, it looks like it will be the same for next year and beyond with the way stoops is coaching and the makeup of the conference. I would find it hard to believe that Stoops is just the best we can do like so many want us to believe.
Then who ya got? You and I have had this discussion a lot these last few days. This is your chance to plead your case with real names. No hypotheticals. Who you got?

Then who ya got? You and I have had this discussion a lot these last few days. This is your chance to plead your case with real names. No hypotheticals. Who you got?
No one on these boards can do more than offer suggestions. Mitch hopefully has a list and I would bet if Stoops leaves there would be way more applicants than Mitch has on the list. Asking fans who would replace him is silly.

No one on these boards can do more than offer suggestions. Mitch hopefully has a list and I would bet if Stoops leaves there would be way more applicants than Mitch has on the list. Asking fans who would replace him is silly.
Wait, so you’re telling me a new hire would be made by the AD and not fans on a message board? Get out of town!

Mitch would choose from the same pool of people that us fans would draw our picks from. There are no secret hidden candidates.

I see lots of folks on here say they hope he leaves. Ok, so stop pissing into the wind. Who is out there that you guys think Mitch would hire that is better than stoops and his staff? Don’t just be bitching without solutions

I don’t have to have names, we have a top 10 paid coach in the country and he is giving us mediocre results, which is fine with most of you all. I just don’t believe that Kentucky is such a bad job that we should just be happy with 6-6 or 7-5.

Stoops could get a large part of the fanbase behind him if he had a play to win mentality. He always plays not to lose though which is why a good portion of us are ready for a change. Even in a meaningless bowl game he still resulted to the don’t get beat, let’s play it safe mode which lost us the game. We see that every single week and have for 11 years and we rarely beat a team we weren’t supposed to.

I don’t have to have names, we have a top 10 paid coach in the country and he is giving us mediocre results, which is fine with most of you all. I just don’t believe that Kentucky is such a bad job that we should just be happy with 6-6 or 7-5.
Aces Fan,
Old Big O Alum here...Is UK pursuing the QB or WR from OCHS?
Thanks

Also, no one is just happy with 6-6 or 7-5. You keep asking why we should be happy about it. No one is satisfied with those records. Literally no one has said that they are happy with that record

Here’s the thing, stoops has not raised the ceiling here at Kentucky. He’s raised the floor. The floor used to be 2 wins. Now it’s 6. That’s why he’s still here. That’s why he has done such a great job because Kentucky is a historic bottom feeder but now it’s not a bottom feeder.

You have to think realistically. If you think Kentucky would be better off with someone else then that person has to actually exist, be available, and be attainable. There’s a reason why you cannot name him. You can’t simply wish him into existence

Keep something in mind here. The biggest and most prominent program to hire a new coach this off season is TAM. They have more money and resources than anyone in the country. They actually called stoops first lol. Then they settled for the guy at Duke who has had one good season.

You people who are begging him to leave for Iowa better be careful what you wish for. This coaching search thing is pretty gnarly. We are heading into the new SEC. You wanna do that under a new regime? After the good off season additions we have already secured? You wanna scrap it and start anew?

Just saying. Look at the big picture.

Good luck with this logic. I've pointed it out repeatedly.

Liam Cohen as the new HC and pay him 6 million and Brad White gets 3 million. That would keep both coordinators which is sort of what Alabama did when Curry left. Then let the two of them fill out their respective coaching staffs

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Liam Cohen as the new HC and pay him 6 million and Brad White gets 3 million. That would keep both coordinators which is sort of what Alabama did when Curry left. Then let the two of them fill out their respective coaching staffs
You probably have it flipped. White is more pedigreed for the head job. Of course if stoops left tomorrow I’d imagine that Mitch would do what he supposedly did when TAM called. He’d try to secure white, coen and Vince. Keeping all 3 would be our best bet for continuity, but stoops would want them to leave with him. Keep in mind that you’re talking about keeping white who had the fans calling for his head all year.

Is anyone sure they want this more than the situation we currently have?

I hope not. Neither guy is really proven and I think there would possible discipline issues since those guys are nice.

Reactions: Rockfly78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT