ADVERTISEMENT

Is Cal still not a good in game coach?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Davis was ONE of the reasons we won that title, not the ONLY reason. There was a guy named Darius Miller that had ALOT to do with it too.
I won't disagree with you about Darius Miller. He has been one of my all-time favorite players and he should have been starting all along; but, instead, had to relinquish his starting position for Cal's NBA One&Done fly-thoughs and for nothing. My point is, either way, had we not had Anthony Davis, we would not have even been in the Elite 8, let alone win the National Title; so I rephrase my prior statement to that.

Dude enough with the true hs senior crap. This is a false narrative here that has gotten old quick. He actually stayed back a year and when he reclassified up a year he graduated in the class he should have. Hell Hagans is older than Kevin Knox. He’s 19. He’s not some little 17 year old kid out there.

100% agreed with every single word. The number of games that Cal has actually impressed me with in game coaching and adjustments the last ten years have been very few. Like you said, his greatness is getting already good players here and making them even better. There’s a big difference in recruiting/coaching up players and actually making changes during the course of a game. I’ve always said that if our initial plan for a game doesn’t work then we are almost certain to lose that game. Or if a coach makes an adjustment to Cal’s gameplan and it shifts momentum to the other team then we just try like hell to hold onto to the lead instead of trying to counter.

Dude you have whined about Cal like a little bitch for 10 years, why don’t you get over it or leave? Nobody likes a party pooper, and only your troll girls like you. Happy New Year.

I won't disagree with you about Darius Miller. He has been one of my all-time favorite players and he should have been starting all along; but, instead, had to relinquish his starting position for Cal's NBA One&Done fly-thoughs and for nothing. My point is, either way, had we not had Anthony Davis, we would not have even been in the Elite 8, let alone win the National Title; so I rephrase my prior statement to that.

Good Lord. You’re limited for sure. Not for saying we wouldn’t have won it all without Davis, but for all of the other bullshit you’ve spewed in this thread.

Dude you have whined about Cal like a little bitch for 10 years, why don’t you get over it or leave? Nobody likes a party pooper, and only your troll girls like you. Happy New Year.

Exact
Another great win, another Cal Can't Coach thread.
:flush:

As the OP, just to clarify, I think he can coach- too many think he cannot.

rbq.jpg
The only thing you wear that is blue is your panties.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Dude enough with the true hs senior crap. This is a false narrative here that has gotten old quick. He actually stayed back a year and when he reclassified up a year he graduated in the class he should have. Hell Hagans is older than Kevin Knox. He’s 19. He’s not some little 17 year old kid out there.

100% agreed with every single word. The number of games that Cal has actually impressed me with in game coaching and adjustments the last ten years have been very few. Like you said, his greatness is getting already good players here and making them even better. There’s a big difference in recruiting/coaching up players and actually making changes during the course of a game. I’ve always said that if our initial plan for a game doesn’t work then we are almost certain to lose that game. Or if a coach makes an adjustment to Cal’s gameplan and it shifts momentum to the other team then we just try like hell to hold onto to the lead instead of trying to counter.
You have never impressed me as a poster. At least Cal does impress once in a while. How does it feel to be a complete idiot?

Yeah, I hear ya. He's won one National Championship in 10-years with heavily-laden NBA caliper teams every year, except for a couple, so I'm the problem, huh? So, why does Duke & Carolina continue to win National titles and we don't? The only reason we won in '12 was because we had a beast of nature called Anthony Davis and that's the only reason we won that National title that year. Facts are facts.

Where are all these UNC titles? They won the year before Cal got to Kentucky and in 2017 (when Arkansas and us should have beat them). Duke of course has been blessed by our misfortune, winning titles years 2 of our top 3 teams faltered.

I think we should have won more titles too, but your argument is off. You are just being an internet troll.

You have struggled as a poster. Hope you can get coached up.

My game is more than fine. Guess you will be one of those posters who thinks cal coaches 100% perfect every single game and needs not be questioned. You will fit it fine here with some. Sorry but I like to talk actual basketball and not just pat others on the back. Feel free to put me on ignore, not sure you will understand even the bare basics of basketball talk anyway.

We played fine against that mesmerizing 1-3-1. We didn’t struggle as morons in this thread suggest. Rewatch the game and you will see with your own eyes.

Someone just pointed out a bit earlier in this thread all the proof you need - if that awesome defense that the better in game coach threw out there was effective, why ditch it? Answer / he had to.

You are just being an internet troll.
Why? You call me an 'internet troll' just because I'm manful enough to voice my own opinions that rub against the normal grain, instead of just acquiescing and going along with stuff I don't agree with? Isn't that a little shallow and kind of immature to be calling posters names?

Impossible to believe Zay Cat is anything other than a Loserville troll.

Why? You call me an 'internet troll' just because I'm manful enough to voice my own opinions that rub against the normal grain, instead of just acquiescing and going along with stuff I don't agree with? Isn't that a little shallow and kind of immature to be calling posters names?

No because your arguments aren't valid. You talk about UNC winning all these titles (same number as UK under Cal) and Duke as well (one more than Cal - and they have had a lot of talent too). It was a bad argument and you are just trying to stir the pot. Be negative all you want (I have been this year too) but make factual statements.

Reactions: Poetax
You take things too literally. I know much of how the inner workings at these schools and within the highway departments are. I've been a strong supporter of UK for a long time and I just get tired from high expectations and little return reward when we pay through the yingyang supporting our teams AND being taxed by this state for pothole roads. No one here came down with the last rain and if you can't read between the lines, then that's not my problem. Ok, on the flip side. Today was a good game for us. We do need improvement, however. I look forward and I hope that Ut doesn't sweep us because they are good. Really good.
I’m guessing you stay miserable since we’ve only won 4 championships in the last 40 years. If you expect something in return for support then that’s a business relationship, not being a fan. Sounds like you should pull your suppor and take it where you’ll get a better return for your expectations. Maybe instead of worrying about possible losses you get excited about the growth this group has had in the last few weeks. At the least we can agree these pothole filled roads around this state are a joke.

Dude.

It took me 10 years to come around to the idea that Calipari isn't a good in-game coach. I won't change my mind after winning 2 games

We won big games because we played a good game from start to finish. We didn't win because of some insane strategy adjustment. We didn't get easy points off our inbounds plays.

Most of Cal's greatness is done before game day. Getting the players to UK is a huge part of what has made Cal as good as he is. Coaching them up to play a certain style of game.

But in-game, I don't know the last time I thought holy crap, Cal really changed it up and outcoached someone.

Cal made some terrific in game coaching moves today as he did in the UNC game yet you will refuse to recognize it He called strategic timeouts when UL looked like they were chipping away at the lead and the team responded every time. His subbing and rotation was excellent and he had an answer everytime UL tried to get back in the game. He didn't just recruit and the kids then just went out and played well to win the game. I find that idea to be comical. Cal is a far better game coach than some on here give him credit for.

No because your arguments aren't valid. You talk about UNC winning all these titles (same number as UK under Cal) and Duke as well (one more than Cal - and they have had a lot of talent too). It was a bad argument and you are just trying to stir the pot. Be negative all you want (I have been this year too) but make factual statements.
Ok, now let me get this straight. You're justification for calling me an 'internet troll' is based upon that my "arguments aren't valid", so then that makes me an "internet troll" just because I may have said something not exactly 100% perfect and correct? Hmm, now that makes a whole lot of sense. And, then you tell me to "make factual statements", when you, yourself, have voiced just plain ole conjecture about me "just trying to stir the pot" when you have no idea of the intents of any of my posts. Interesting.

Well, you didn't answer my question, so obviously you've played no prior basketball. Why do you need a list of my experiences? I didn't ask for your accomplishments and accolades, I just asked if any of you all ever played any basketball at any level before. But, I guess I got my answer because all you guys seem to want to do is bash me and to not discuss without one-sidedness to be fair and correct. I wish Cal was really as good as most seem to think he is. But, if our 20+ Win season and an occasional SEC Championship every now makes you happy, then be happy because chances are that'a all we'll be receiving this upcoming year, once again. I want a National Championship. Period.
You're a fake and fraud. You're pretender who's just looking for troll action.

Just a lot of mouth and hot air. Not wasting anymore time with someone who spews garbage like you do.

If we didn't have Ralph Beard, Kyle Macy or Jeff Sheppard...

I’ll take a swing even tho most wont read. Cal is called an average bench coach and that burns me up. He’s a very good game coach but what people imo confuse is Cal is a little maybe arrogant isn’t the right word but something along that line. He develops a game plan and if it is executed he thinks we win. 86% of the time he is right. In other games he doesn’t seem to make changes to a game plan because maybe he believes his game plan will guide us to victory and we just have to fight.

Well truth be told, the team struggled way more than they should have against the 1-3-1.
Truth be told he has taken yet another youngest team in America with all new guys laying together except PJ and Nick with Nick not seeing many mins. and he has them on point after such a bad start. The corner was turned and most of us knew it and it's because of Cal and getting this young new group to buy in and play together.

That is not in game coaching

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
You're a fake and fraud. You're pretender who's just looking for troll action.

Just a lot of mouth and hot air. Not wasting anymore time with someone who spews garbage like you do.
What'd I do? Touch a nerve? And, once again with the name calling on me. So now I'm a 'fake' and a 'fraud' and a 'pretender' and all because I asked a simple question that you don't want to answer? I'm sorry, Cawood86, that you are so offended. I'm just one Cat fan sharing my opinions.

My game is more than fine. Guess you will be one of those posters who thinks cal coaches 100% perfect every single game and needs not be questioned. You will fit it fine here with some. Sorry but I like to talk actual basketball and not just pat others on the back. Feel free to put me on ignore, not sure you will understand even the bare basics of basketball talk anyway.
I think he coaches a whole lot better than you. You probably never played a game of basketball in your life.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Don't put the cart before the horse. Louisville is in a rebuilding year. I would bide the time and wait until we face Tennessee, then we'll have our answer.
Your not part of we troll you or the troll Zaytovencat that liked your post as well !

I knew this crap would come. I’m as happy as any uk fan for the last two weeks but the truth on Cal will come out in the ncaa tournament. The last two weeks has been less about Cal and more about the team finally playing hard and hitting shots.

This game did provide a chance for Cal to show in game adjustments when they went to the 1-3-1 and we didn’t really adjust. If they had started out in that zone this might have been a different game.

Bottom line, 1 or two big wins in December don’t erase a history of average in game coaching here.
You are easily the biggest POS on this board! You absolutely hate they won the past two weeks. You don’t win an title go to two finals and have 4 final fours plus go 38 straight without being one of the best coaches around. You want to bitch when we lose then go ahead but you even bitch when we win.

And obviously sucks a lot worse at it..

Just curious, why does someone who has failed in comparison to Cal so critical of his work? I mean, it's obvious you sucked at it...

Pointing out two areas of the game tonight I thought we could have done better is not being critical it’s an observation. I gave up coaching and the pursuit of even trying to get to a high level of coaching on my own accord to pursue other interests. Seeing what coaches make today I may have really pursued it harder but it’s still a tough nut to crack and no regrets.

Man you pansies sure get your feelings hurt very easily. Say anything other than a glowing compliment about Cal and some of you just can’t take it. We need a real mans board.

lol I’ve got something special planned for later tonight. Was gonna do it after the unc game but ended up waiting to see if we could do it a second game. I guarantee most of the replies will still be negative regardless of what the post will be just because it’s me.
Well .....you’re a dick .... so there’s that.

Pointing out two areas of the game tonight I thought we could have done better is not being critical it’s an observation. I gave up coaching and the pursuit of even trying to get to a high level of coaching on my own accord to pursue other interests. Seeing what coaches make today I may have really pursued it harder but it’s still a tough nut to crack and no regrets.

Man you pansies sure get your feelings hurt very easily. Say anything other than a glowing compliment about Cal and some of you just can’t take it. We need a real mans board.

You and I have had our run ins and I agree we need a real man’s board but I think the reason posters jump you is that you complain about the same things every game win or lose. Cal can’t coach is your battle cry so as long as you do that it looks more agenda oriented then anything. Tell us where you coached and maybe you have an argument?

Ok. Right there's enough vileness for me. Not into this. Goodbye.
Well .....you’re a dick .... so there’s that.
Ok, that's enough churlishness for me. I didn't sign up for that and the intents of my post meant no harm; but, other than to share in some of my own dissatisfaction with the status quo at the helm of UK basketball. I've had this same opinion there since year #1 and I don't think my views are going to change anytime soon. Crudeness on this board is really growing toward the dogs. Goodbye.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Ok. Right there's enough vileness for me. Not into this. Goodbye.

Ok, that's enough churlishness for me. I didn't sign up for that and the intents of my post meant no harm; but, other than to share in some of my own dissatisfaction with the status quo at the helm of UK basketball. I've had this same opinion there since year #1 and I don't think my views are going to change anytime soon. Crudeness on this board is really growing toward the dogs. Goodbye.

If you have been upset for 10 years, and still post the same crap? That’s pretty dumb so I can see why you leaving.

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT