ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Offense Update

It's a lot worse. Our only bright spots this past season are not playing. 4th string back because of injuries, transfers and NFL. TEs not playing because of same reason and QB. Our WR depth is atrocious because of transfers, will be playing mostly true freshman. But who is gonna give em the ball? Our OL is horrific, long snapper is horrid.

Your offense could be much better than ours
Again, read what I stated earlier. Statistically Iowa's offense was the second worst in America in 2022. No new additions for the bowl game are going to make it suddenly better-- in fact, one of the only playmakers on offense this year won't even be playing since he's entered the portal. Now word that another of the 3 WRs they have left is hurt and not practicing. QB starting who has never taken a snap in his college career. Not good in any manner whatsoever.

Kinda wierd I guess, as much as I want to win, but good to see first rounders Campbell and LaPorte not worrying about getting hurt. My respect for those types have gone up even more this year.
I love Campbell and LaPorta, but neither will be a 1st round pick.

Campbell I compare to a Chris Spielman of yesteryear. Same brute mentality. He's likely to go in the 2nd or 3rd round.

LaPorta I'm predicting 4th or 5th round. Has tremendous qualities, but blocking needs to be better and still a penchant for dropping a pass here and there that should have been caught.

But I agree-- neither would need to play in this game but for both not playing wasn't even an option. In fact, LaPorta has recently been hurt (missed the last regular season game) and if anyone had a reason to sit out it would have been him.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Again, read what I stated earlier. Statistically Iowa's offense was the second worst in America in 2022. No new additions for the bowl game are going to make it suddenly better-- in fact, one of the only playmakers on offense this year won't even be playing since he's entered the portal. Now word that another of the 3 WRs they have left is hurt and not practicing. QB starting who has never taken a snap in his college career. Not good in any manner whatsoever.

Levis was our only decent QB the other Beau Allen was his back up and he had transferred out. We have freshman QBs which will play instead and Hogan the walk on which we got from you guys that the coach made fun of for being so bad.

I watched a couple of your games this past season and your offense improved over the hear while I think ours got worse and the guys who made our offense are not playing. Down to 4th string RB and 4th string TE etc etc. No way to distribute the ball to our freshman wr. I'm interested to see how our staff has patched together our offense to even out out an offensive unit. We might not even convert a 3rd down

Levis was our only decent QB the other Beau Allen was his back up and he had transferred out. We have freshman QBs which will play instead and Hogan the walk on which we got from you guys that the coach made fun of for being so bad.

I watched a couple of your games this past season and your offense improved over the hear while I think ours got worse and the guys who made our offense are not playing. Down to 4th string RB and 4th string TE etc etc. No way to distribute the ball to our freshman wr. I'm interested to see how our staff has patched together our offense to even out out an offensive unit. We might not even convert a 3rd down
Which games of Iowa's did you watch? I'd be curious.

I'm guessing our definitions of "terrible" when it comes to offenses is very different. I'm basing my definition on national statistics. That's not theory or perception-- that simply just makes it factual.

We won two games this fall with totaling less than 200 yards in offense. That's unheard of-- but speaks volumes of our defense.

Since the Iowa/UK game will be devoid of offense the NCAA and ESPN have announced a modified scoring system for this game, Points will be accumulated as follows:

First down= .5
completed pass= .5
offense crossing the 50 yard line= 1
any offensive play netting more than 10 yards= 1
field goal attempt less than 40 yds=1
any receiver in end zone having a thrown ball land within 10 yards of him=2

Speaking of Iowa's great TE Laporta, he's apparently Iowa's emergency 3rd QB for this game. Would be funny as hell seeing #84 line up behind center.

Iowa's #2 QB for this game is Carson May, a true freshman who did not take a snap this season.

Interestingly, had Duece Hogan not transferred to UK, he would very possibly had been Iowa's starting QB in this game.

• Wow
I love Campbell and LaPorta, but neither will be a 1st round pick.

Campbell I compare to a Chris Spielman of yesteryear. Same brute mentality. He's likely to go in the 2nd or 3rd round.

LaPorta I'm predicting 4th or 5th round. Has tremendous qualities, but blocking needs to be better and still a penchant for dropping a pass here and there that should have been caught.

But I agree-- neither would need to play in this game but for both not playing wasn't even an option. In fact, LaPorta has recently been hurt (missed the last regular season game) and if anyone had a reason to sit out it would have been him.
Still will be drafted pretty high and make a ton of money. Thanks for the info. Yeah, just getting back from injury shows even more.

Reactions: rucker4
Speaking of Iowa's great TE Laporta, he's apparently Iowa's emergency 3rd QB for this game. Would be funny as hell seeing #84 line up behind center.

Iowa's #2 QB for this game is Carson May, a true freshman who did not take a snap this season.

Interestingly, had Duece Hogan not transferred to UK, he would very possibly had been Iowa's starting QB in this game.
We will trade Hogan and a player to be named at half time for your star linebacker.

Still will be drafted pretty high and make a ton of money. Thanks for the info. Yeah, just getting back from injury shows even more.
I saw LaPorta at an Iowa basketball game maybe 3 weeks ago and he was visibly limping so I'm shocked he's playing-- just a hard-nosed tough kid.

It's funny because a year ago Iowa's top RB, Tyler Goodson, sat out the bowl game for fear of injury as he declared to go to the NFL Draft a year early. Turns out Goodson never got drafted-- signed as a free agent with Green Bay and only made their practice squad this year. Every kid is different I guess.

We will trade Hogan and a player to be named at half time for your star linebacker.
Nah, we already had Duece and he wasn't the answer.

Is Hogan not in the portal? Can't believe he's still thinking he'll make it at the Power 5 level as in 3 years now he's taken maybe 5 snaps. Maybe he just loves being on a Power 5 team and playing doesn't matter to him. Hard to figure.

The biggest advantage for Kentucky in this game is that your coaches will actually scheme to win the game.

Ours will continue to coach our system and hope we can out-execute our opponent.

not sure about LaPorta either . He is gimpy . Hell he just had his knee operated on.
I dont think he sees the field a lot .. just my opinion . perhaps more as a decoy in the vaunted air attack of the hawks

Iowa has the top freshman FG kicker in AMerica. Our punter is the second best in school history . Iowa has a specific Special Teams Team coach. This makes them outstanding in this area.
Yeah, well our long snapper can "send it" , easily, 10 yards over the punter's head.... CONSISTENTLY...

Great. That is the only chance we have to score. We should just punt on first down every possession.
Honestly, every fan has "hope" .... and I appreciate both fan bases having fun with one another...

However,

Just don't see any way in hell UK wins this game ... Hope I'm wrong, will watch the game, but not expecting much...and will prolly be a little disappointed if we lose... crazy isn't it?!

Will you come back and admit I was right about our offense vs yours?

Today, your offense was worse than Iowa's. During the season, Iowa's was worse than yours and NCAA stats back that up. Will you admit that?

Oh no doubt about that but I knew with all the guys we had out playing the 4th string RB and the best QB we have on the roster is the one yall didn't want. Had our top 3 TEs not at the game and we have one of if not the worst OL in college fb.

Our offense was not very good without Rodriguez and if we had an average QB we would of been even worse offensively.

Iowas best offense was UKs offense

Oh no doubt about that but I knew with all the guys we had out playing the 4th string RB and the best QB we have on the roster is the one yall didn't want. Had our top 3 TEs not at the game and we have one of if not the worst OL in college fb.

Our offense was not very good without Rodriguez and if we had an average QB we would of been even worse offensively.

I would argue that our offensive line was outplayed By yours today. Iowa was simply helpless on third down in general and third and short especially

Iowa won another game again with a whopping grand total of 206 total yards. At minimum our 3rd win of the 8 wins where we had 206 yards or less. Iowa just wins ugly when they win. As you can see, we win with our defense and that's just how it is. Our defense outscoring our offense in games just isn't uncommon anymore.

I would argue that our offensive line was outplayed By yours today. Iowa was simply helpless on third down in general and third and short especially

How many sacks and TFL did you guys take?
Iowa 2.8 ypc
UK 2.1 ypc

Last edited:
Ok just saw

UK only got to the Iowa QB 1x and had 4 TFL
Iowa got to the UK QB 4x and had 11 TFL

I'd say Iowa's OL come out better than UKs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT