ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting analytics reflecting the value of Reed

I’ve held my tongue on this for quite a while, but just want to comment once.

I was ok with Cal bringing Reed and Rob off the bench for a bit. But there is absolutely no reason on Gods green earth that DJ and Edwards should not cone off the bench and Rob and Reed start. My 12 year old knows it. My neighbor lady who barely watches basketball knows it.

Cal is obviously living up to promises, and that is tanking our season. Cal is a bitch for that.

If the story is true that Cal offered Reed and Rob to start but they said no keep it the way it is then I don’t blame Cal for not messing with the chemistry. I also give Reed and Rob tremendous credit for their unselfishness and care for their teammate.

How many minutes did bradshaw play last game?

Why would we not roll with Edwards when he has been showing a good amount of improvement?

Why would Wagner not start when he is like 16-3 (84%) as a starter and Reed is 1-4 (20%) as a starter? Do you want to lose?
You are wasting your time replying to me belly.

How many minutes did bradshaw play last game?

Why would we not roll with Edwards when he has been showing a good amount of improvement?

Why would Wagner not start when he is like 16-3 (84%) as a starter and Reed is 1-4 (20%) as a starter? Do you want to lose?
Wow. You actually created a new account just to let people know you’re an idiot?
everyone in the entire state - except for apparently you and Cal knows Reed Sheppard is the best player on this entire team - and it’s not even close.

I was ok with Cal bringing Reed and Rob off the bench for a bit. But there is absolutely no reason on Gods green earth that DJ and Edwards should not cone off the bench and Rob and Reed start. My 12 year old knows it. My neighbor lady who barely watches basketball knows it.

Cal is obviously living up to promises, and that is tanking our season. Cal is a bitch for that.

I'm with you here. But my only argument, or pause, would be....
So we got Rob Dillingham without the same promises?
So we got Aaron Bradshaw without the same promises?

I actually think DJ is really, really good WHEN he plays to his potential. Bradshaw, just not up to par. Edwards, just not up to par.

I think you have 2 sides to the coin: Cal "made promises" that he's protecting, or, Cal is giving talented players the opportunity to play thru struggles. And let's be honest, our personal feelings towards Cal dictate which side of the coin we're looking at.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua

It's been obvious for a very long time that Reed and Rob are two of our best 5 (hell, probably two of our best 3). I pretty much was looking at it like "as long as we're winning, I'm not complaining." But we started losing. Too damn much. Play your best guys, play your best lineups.

He rolling with Edwards, Bradshaw? Wagner probably starts tomorrow also.
Bradshaw is looking more like a bench piece that won’t play a ton. Edwards is the only 3 on the team so inevitably he’s going to get minutes. Blame Cal for that if you’d like.

I’ll say Sheppard plays more minutes tomorrow than the 3 guys you mentioned and do so with decent confidence.

Reactions: UKortho
Reed's minutes the last 6 games:

So while I wish he was starting, he's still playing a lot and finishing games which is what really matters. DJ has only played 18 and 14 minutes the last two games, the role he should be in. His ankle is clearly not 100% either. So I don't know if the recent trend is because he can't play as much or if it's because Cal is finally figuring out the best rotation

Not really! My man, I had hoped to be more memorable than this!

Well, I am pretty conservative, so not sure what I would argue with far right guys about. We probably agree on most things.

Certainly not a UNC cheats fan, good Lord. They may be more inbred than KY fans. Certainly up for debate.

I am interesting, but I think you have me mixed up or you're just very bad at the guessing game
barack-obama-president-obama.gif

• Haha
Reactions: catben
I haven’t read this thread. I looked at the analytics tweet then it looked like the thread descended into crap as usual.

Here’s what I will say. It isn’t surprising that the son of two Kentucky greats is our most impactful player. He puts it all on the line every night unlike the rest of our team. He has an intrinsic motivation to make UK great. The problem is the rest of the team is starting to look like they are ready for the season to end. That is malpractice on cal can’t get players to lay it all on the line anymore.

I guess I'm old school but I think your best players
start. Then you have the best chance of not getting in an early hole . Yeah I know Reed and Dillingham play a lot of minutes but getting down 10-15 early in the game has a negative impact mentally. DJ is the 4th best guard on the team and it's not close statistically. He's shooting 42% from 2 and 30% from 3 and 69% at the line. I like DJ but the best players need to start.

Reed's minutes the last 6 games:

So while I wish he was starting, he's still playing a lot and finishing games which is what really matters. DJ has only played 18 and 14 minutes the last two games, the role he should be in. His ankle is clearly not 100% either. So I don't know if the recent trend is because he can't play as much or if it's because Cal is finally figuring out the best rotation
The bad thing is that Reed doesn't start and the Cats start off nearly every game in a hole. THEN Cal brings in Reed, who helps to pull the Cats from behind. It would be nice to start our best lineup and start off with a lead instead of always have to fight from behind. But Cal starts players how should never be starting because he's made promises.

We are 1-4 with Reed starting. Which equates to 20% win percentage. That included the UNCw loss

We are 16-3 with Wagner starting. Which equates to 84% win percentage.

The stats say Wagner should start!
You’re a clown. Three of those losses were due to a total meltdown on interior defense. Guess we could say that starting Wagner would have suddenly made our defense better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT