ADVERTISEMENT

Football INSIDER NOTES

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
** It obviously wasn't the season that Tayvion Robinson wanted to have but I've long felt that Coen's return could benefit Robinson and Izayah Cummings as much as any players on the offensive roster. Getting Robinson ready in the spring will be important. Last year obviously didn't go as he wanted it to or anybody expected for him but running it back with the guy who initially sparked his interest in Kentucky may be just what he needs. Speaking of slots, hearing a lot of good things early about freshman WR Anthony Brown. Have always listed him as one of my favorite players in the class from the school and that has not changed. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he sees quality reps as a true freshman.

** Also hearing good things about freshman TE Khamari Anderson. I heard mixed reviews regarding his senior film but the early returns upon enrollment have all been positive. We saw last year that two young TEs were able to make an impact. Their emergence, Bates' return, and Cummings with Coen could make it tough for a freshman to get on the field but of the young tight ends Anderson would be the X-Factor in terms of playing time.

** Have heard for a while that Eli Cox could get a look at guard. There's a chance Jager Burton could get an opportunity at center. Not sure where exactly that experiment is but it has been a discussion. The issue could be what kind of quickness they desire. Lots of optimism about Horsey moving back to guard but I think he is going to continue to get some work at tackle in case they need him in a pinch.

** Seems like Jalen Geiger's recovery is coming along nicely. I think with the trio of he, Childress, and Lovett back there at safety they are going to remain as versatile as possible. The staff knows that Geiger can play both free and strong and I would expect him to log a lot of snaps at both positions this year.

** Have mentioned South Carolina commit Dante Reno and Florida commit DJ Lagway as offered quarterbacks from the 2024 class. Not going to mention names, but have been hearing that not one but two 2025 quarterbacks could be options for reclassifying to the 2024 class. That would be a best case scenario because of how strong they are with some of the options there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News